• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• James Borlase

• Reilly O'Brien

• Mark Keane

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Comments on here more positive than what I expected

Maybe it looked better on TV than live. We got the win against a good team but overall a frustrating game.
That was one of our most frustrating games of the year!

Pretty much from Tex missing that easy set shot it was like Benny Hill time. Fumbling, poor decisions and 7 points in a row (most set shots). Just did everything possible to let them in the game. Lucky or defence held up okay. Looked a bit shaky but excellent for the personnel we have there at the moment.

Good:

Smothering. Was that our best smother game of all time?

Have struggled against decent bottom 8 teams this year so good to finally get a win when we needed it.

Laird and Crouch good around the ball. Dawson was okay but lacked damage by foot.

Really liked Schoenberg. This is what I was expecting at the start of last season. Used the ball well.

Fog and Tex. Both should have had a few more goals. Frustrating for fog getting those two posters.

Hinge has had better games, but pretty much our general in defence now. Read the game really well. Fumbled quite a bit today like everyone else.

Keane very good again. Some good decision making too.

Borlase very solid debut. Could be a handy depth kpd.

TT pretty strong but needs to work on his set shots. That's 5 points in a row. I've never been confident in his set shots from his second game onwards. Not a great routine and gets under the ball.

McAdam decent. Important player.

Smith pretty good except for that ootf. Better up the ground.

Average:

Nank wasn't bad, but he's not finding it as easy as his first game.

Milera. Felt like they shut his run down after qtr time and didn't have a lot of influence after that. Had some good defensive efforts though.

Bad:

Fumbling from second qtr onwards. Horrible to watch.

Goal kicking. Mostly TT.

Injuries to Jones and TT. Think Jones is easy to cover with cook on the wing. Have to wait and see with TT.

Rachele had a stinker! 7 touches (can't recall many effective) and a bunch of fumbles. Looked very rusty.

Sloane showing why we can't resign him
Crouch showing why we should but probably too late
Fog hinge great
Borlase keane worrell looking good
Apart from goal kicking in the 3rd we played reasonably
Lot of mongrel in the game
Rachele stealing his pay packet this week

Sloane showing why we can't resign him
Crouch showing why we should but probably too late
Fog hinge great
Borlase keane worrell looking good
Apart from goal kicking in the 3rd we played reasonably
Lot of mongrel in the game
Rachele stealing his pay packet this week
I thought Sloane was instrumental in the last bar that one horrid kick.

Edit: but you are right, we can’t re-sign both.

Worrell has a lot of mongrel. Loves a fight
Max always amongst it as well, love those 2.

Good:

The big Irishman cut off in the last quarter, straight down to the game icing goal. Love the attack.
Crouch's game in general very good, his little pass through the middle leading the a 4th quarter goal was perfection.
Fog monstered them, he looks so much better when he plays up the ground and presents on a lead
Hinge playing the way he does removes any seed of doubt that Nicks might have about moving Dawson back
Borlases debut should earn him another contract hopefully and hopefully not make us pay a stupid price for a defender in trade or draft

Bad:
Murphy and Keays ball usage is just awful

Ugly:
Jones probably done for the year, hopefully brings in Cook

That was one of our most frustrating games of the year!

Pretty much from Tex missing that easy set shot it was like Benny Hill time. Fumbling, poor decisions and 7 points in a row (most set shots). Just did everything possible to let them in the game. Lucky or defence held up okay. Looked a bit shaky but excellent for the personnel we have there at the moment.

Good:

Smothering. Was that our best smother game of all time?

Have struggled against decent bottom 8 teams this year so good to finally get a win when we needed it.

Laird and Crouch good around the ball. Dawson was okay but lacked damage by foot.

Really liked Schoenberg. This is what I was expecting at the start of last season. Used the ball well.

Fog and Tex. Both should have had a few more goals. Frustrating for fog getting those two posters.

Hinge has had better games, but pretty much our general in defence now. Read the game really well. Fumbled quite a bit today like everyone else.

Keane very good again. Some good decision making too.

Borlase very solid debut. Could be a handy depth kpd.

TT pretty strong but needs to work on his set shots. That's 5 points in a row. I've never been confident in his set shots from his second game onwards. Not a great routine and gets under the ball.

McAdam decent. Important player.

Smith pretty good except for that ootf. Better up the ground.

Average:

Nank wasn't bad, but he's not finding it as easy as his first game.

Milera. Felt like they shut his run down after qtr time and didn't have a lot of influence after that. Had some good defensive efforts though.

Bad:

Fumbling from second qtr onwards. Horrible to watch.

Goal kicking. Mostly TT.

Injuries to Jones and TT. Think Jones is easy to cover with cook on the wing. Have to wait and see with TT.

Rachele had a stinker! 7 touches (can't recall many effective) and a bunch of fumbles. Looked very rusty.
I was watching TT carefully for his later shots and noticed that the ball was on a slight angle when he dropped it. I was expecting a miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was watching TT carefully for his later shots and noticed that the ball was on a slight angle when he dropped it. I was expecting a miss.
Tex needs to help him with his kicking action.

I was very Impressed with Borlase. Looks a proper defender. Build the tank to play 25 AFL games in a season.

Hinge was massive.

Fog coming back into form, lifting his workrate. I am convinced he was playing sore. No signs of that now.

An ugly win, but a win.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stand outs

Hinge and Fog

Tackling 84

Our No name under 50 game defence keeping them to 61 points

Poor goalkicking and our inability to bury a team through lack of composure and execution

Sloane was actually very good as sub and helped us turn momentum

Soligo showed the necessary class we need when it matters late

Schoenberg not huge numbers but some huge moments

Does Borlaise get a rising star nom ? Sensational debut and Keane was brilliant too

I love our defence I reckon it’s sensational

Really good. Defensively solid enough. Took marks, hit every one of his 18 possessions. 0 clangers.

He always took easy options with possession, but it seems like a smart move.

It worked.
Makes you wonder would he have remained on our list had Butts not been injured.

That’s why I don’t understand why we keep guys on the list for years and don’t give them a game, we are so scared some times. Newchurch should have played a game. McAdams SANFL form wasn’t great but at AFL level he’s valuable.

Borlase showed he’s an AFL defender and I hope we don’t go chasing a KPD. 4 on the list plus Worrell to plug gaps is plenty.

Stand outs

Hinge and Fog

Tackling 84

Our No name under 50 game defence keeping them to 61 points

Poor goalkicking and our inability to bury a team through lack of composure and execution

Sloane was actually very good as sub and helped us turn momentum

Soligo showed the necessary class we need when it matters late

Schoenberg not huge numbers but some huge moments

Does Borlaise get a rising star nom ? Sensational debut and Keane was brilliant too

I love our defence I reckon it’s sensational
Agree, we need to change our position on trying to find a KPD. We’ve got 4.

Need midfield and throw a monster deal at Flanders.

I thought that was a great game! Dunno how people could say it was frustrating, i mean it was for some aspects for some of the time but overall I thought it was fantastic. They were in great form, gave their all, had Wittsy whose normally a great matchup against ROB and had a coupla quarters of umpire help (plus Rowell is a protected species and cant be given holding the ball) and we still got there. I was honestly expecting us to go down prior to the game. The good start was a massive help.

Most people have already mentioned who played well and who did what good actions but a few things that are worth noting in addition are
Max and Fog with 19 disposals, Borlase with 18, Murphy with 17, Thilthorpe and Keane with 15. Great days out by all.

On the negative side Nank had his worst game for us, Rachele was very quiet and Schoenberg had a big period that was very quiet though he did work his ass off for sometime for no reward and then came back into it in the last quarter which is good reward for him and the sort of attitude you want shown.

Their uninteruppted run on was another negative but at least it was a smaller and slower run on than some we've had.

Our kicking for goal was pretty ordinary there for a bit.

Midfield held up ok.

Borlase great on debut.

Unfortunate for Powell. Didn't he break his leg against us earlier too??

TT has had patches of bad kicking, then it goes good, then it goes bad and so on. One thing for his career is to try and extend the runs of good kicking and minimise the runs of bad kicking.

Back