Review Good/Bad v Essendon, Round 21. TOP 2 = SEALED

Remove this Banner Ad

TOP 2. SEALED. HOME FINAL

We are getting a home qualifying final! How about that?! ******* amazing

Good
  • Got the job done. Played some nice football at times. Did what was required.
  • Brodie Smith was elite. Single handedly stopped us from getting destroyed in the 3rd quarter
  • Richard Douglas was fantastic. Kept us in the game and helped turn it in the 2nd when we were getting crushed
  • Matt Crouch is an absolute beast. Dominated in the middle
  • Rory Atkins was very productive. Liked his work and elite kicking.
  • Jenkins was clearly our best tall forward today. Just nailed those crucial goals to turn momentum
  • Thought both Laird and Mackay had good games too. Mackay certainly earning his spot right now.
  • Greenwood took some really nice marks. Not a complete game from him, but didn't embarrass himself.
  • Keath. Looks the goods. Daniher was only dominant when he wasn't there.
  • Arrested the momentum several times at key points. That's crucial for our success in finals where we might not have it our way the entire time.
Bad
  • Charlie Cameron and Eddie Betts were both largely ineffective. Wouldn't be upset if we traded Cameron, who was abysmal and has been bad for about 2-3 months now.
  • Brad Crouch had his first poor game in weeks. Had a shocker.
  • Lever was terrible, especially in the first half. Can't defend one on one.
  • Thought Sloane struggled at times, and didn't like him getting injured, though he played out the game.
  • Essendon were dominant at times and we couldn't get near them. Daniher and Hooker really troubled us when they weren't on our ideal defensive match-ups. Also, what was with them nailing fluke goals from outside 50?

Did what was required. An overall average performance compared to what we can do but you absolutely take it any day of the week at this time of year.

Midfield held up early and got the ascendancy. Good touches by Atkins and Douglas. And M Crouch... what a beast. Smith and Laird releasing up to get key touches in the middle and forward of centre is crucial to us winning and they did it again.

We were able to turn what would have been 5+ goal bursts in to 3 goal bursts, and returned fire with scoreboard pressure.

Biggest concern was the aerial display by Hooker and Daniher. Watching Patton and Lobb destroy the Dogs - without Mumford and Cameron as well - has me worried. That's how they'll beat us in a final. Some terrible set shots. Have to nail those in finals.

Top 2 secured - absolutely sensational stuff :D We are now in full control. In the final rounds of 2015 and 2016 we went batshit trying to lock down positions, got tired, and didn't have time to prepare the squad for 4 weeks of finals. I would not have any issues with us resting some players that need it against Sydney this week.

Eyes on the prize. s**t is about to get real. Let's get it done.

Just an outstanding win. Plenty went wrong and a few players look sore but got it done.

Now don't squander it. Anyone even slightly sore shouldn't play Friday. No crap about continuity or any other junk that derailed us last season.

Just an outstanding win. Plenty went wrong and a few players look sore but got it done.

Now don't squander it. Anyone even slightly sore shouldn't play Friday. No crap about continuity or any other junk that derailed us last season.

I don't like your chances after the comments coming out of the Crows already on this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good.
Smithers. Is damaging again. Another finger licking performance at etihad.
Mrouch. This kid is the all australian ruck rover. Insane numbers every week.
Rat. When he plays well. We win. Smooth mover.
Jj. Hurley got his 20 odd touches but jj slaughtered him in the air. A great all round game by the big fella.
Pizzaboy. Wow. What a month from dougie. Playing like he should be playing. Loved his toughness and kicking low to our forwards.
Go u *in crows!

1tz948.jpg

Good
Smithers.
Top two stitched up.
Gov
M Crouch
DMac kicks a goal and we win.
We stopped Essendon's momentum multiple times.
Entertaining game to watch.

Bad
Lever exposed when accountable for an opponent. He aint worth $850k
Umpiring. For both sides. I think Essendon supporters should be more upset than us.

Ugly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good
Top 2
Stopped their comebacks in their tracks.

Bad
Mistakes and some silly kicking for goal letting them in.

Ugly
The cheering for Jab

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back