Review Good/Bad v Fremantle, Round 10

Remove this Banner Ad

He was apparently in the Madrid airport. So such a huge fan, his team is finally playing in the town he lives in, so off to Spain they go instead...

Sitting though that weather Saturday night I may have preferred to be in Madrid to be honest!

Cats changes -

Menzel in for McKay

Jenkins put on notice, this week was an improvement, but still not good enough

Cats changes -

Menzel in for McKay

Jenkins put on notice, this week was an improvement, but still not good enough
Mackay out I can understand. But why Menzel as the replacement? I would think that Knight and Gallucci would both be more likely.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-05-29/by-the-numbers-round-10

Match statistics

Disposals
Adelaide – 435
Fremantle – 333

Disposal efficiency
Adelaide – 71%
Fremantle – 64%

Kicks
Adelaide – 260
Fremantle – 203

Handballs
Adelaide – 175
Fremantle – 130

Clearances
Adelaide – 41
Fremantle – 36

Inside 50ms
Adelaide – 72
Fremantle – 40

Contested possessions
Adelaide – 177
Fremantle – 139

Uncontested possessions
Adelaide – 255
Fremantle – 173

Tackles
Adelaide – 83
Fremantle – 73

Hit-outs
Adelaide – 49
Fremantle – 34

Mackay out I can understand. But why Menzel as the replacement? I would think that Knight and Gallucci would both be more likely.

Think he's shown just as much as those 2. Gets marked harshly

Think he's shown just as much as those 2. Gets marked harshly

Someone who has been in the AFL system for several years shown just as much as a first game player. What a fantastic wrap.

Also he hasn't shown nearly as much as Knight who has shown he can stand up even in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"However, Sloane wasn’t the best player on the ground according to coaches Don Pyke and Ross Lyon.

That honour and 10 votes went to young onballer Matt Crouch. Crouch gathered 30 disposals, six tackles, five clearances and five inside 50ms in a wet-weather football masterclass.

Crouch was one of five players to earn maximum votes in Round 10."

Average player. Nothing special.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Matt Crouch 10 coaches votes. Deserved. Was very good in close and a very strong work rate. That type of game suits him with less emphasis on foot skills.
He seems to be kicking the ball a bit smarter. Hitting short targets. Choosing options within his ability

"However, Sloane wasn’t the best player on the ground according to coaches Don Pyke and Ross Lyon.

That honour and 10 votes went to young onballer Matt Crouch. Crouch gathered 30 disposals, six tackles, five clearances and five inside 50ms in a wet-weather football masterclass.

Crouch was one of five players to earn maximum votes in Round 10."

Average player. Nothing special.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Actually it was brother Brad that had the 30 disposals...Matt did him over again with 35 D's

ROFLOL by Titus O'Reilly
Adelaide (143) v Washington Generals (43)

It’s hard to put into words just how inept the Dockers were in this game. Let’s just say, if you’d released a group of confused possums onto the ground, you’d have had more structure and probably a higher score.

Adelaide certainly played well, but that would be taking away from the performance of West Australia’s most embarrassing AFL side. The Dockers players were as disinterested in this game as I am towards going outside.

Even Nat Fyfe had a terrible game, with 13 clangers. He even gave away six free kicks. To be fair, it’s hard not to kick clangers when your teammates are actively working against you too.

Failing to get over 50 points is a problem for any team, but luckily Ross Lyon is a defensive mastermind and managed to restrict the Crows to just 143 points.

- See more at: https://titusoreily.com/afl/monday-knee-jerk-reaction-afl-round-ten-1#sthash.yWBOxkNw.dpuf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back