Opinion GWS name three captains - yea or nay?

Is having three co-captains a good idea?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide

Personally, I think this is one of the most ridiculous captaincy decisions I've ever seen in football. Having three skippers is clunky, at best. If it doesn't stop at two co-captains, where does it stop?

And that's before we even get started on the fact that Toby Greene, who is an absolute star but one of the dirtiest players in the AFL, has been named a captain.

Personally, I think this is one of the most ridiculous captaincy decisions I've ever seen in football. Having three skippers is clunky, at best. If it doesn't stop at two co-captains, where does it stop?

And that's before we even get started on the fact that Toby Greene, who is an absolute star but one of the dirtiest players in the AFL, has been named a captain.
Really? Forget the Swans have been doing it for a while now?
We have done it previously as well.

lol dirtiest. 🤣
He just doesn’t have the backing of Wheatley and his mates covering his ass like Danger Dusty etc.🙄

Of course he is no racist scumbag like some had but who knows in the future.

Knocking Coniglio off for 2023.

Really should have just given it to Kelly directly, but they've had success with multiple captains in the past. Think they're probably past the point of having to instate a few players as captain through.

I would have given it to Toby.... but he gets suspended more often than SOME people change their underwear
I would have kept it with Cogs but his form dips too much to be worthy of the captain tag
I don't think Kelly is worthy of being solo captain

So they can share it amongst each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel that Toby lifts to an even greater level as captain and he does energise the team, but his lack of discipline and respect aren't captain traits. Maybe GWS want to keep motivating him to perform at that elite level by giving him a share of the captaincy.

On field leader - Greene, off field leader - Coniglio, and sensible leader - Kelly.

Callan Ward and Phil Davis seemed like genuine leaders. I wonder who the young leaders coming from underneath these guys are? Not saying there aren't any, I just don't know enough about their leadership qualities.

If they had 3 truly great leaders that they couldn't pick between it'd be one thing.

But instead the club is so devoid of leadership and culture they had to pick threes players just to get the leadership most clubs get from one.
Didn’t your club have a disastrous leadership decided camp followed up by a club legend/Captain racially vilifying someone?
I think a few fans of clubs need to look at their own club legends/hero’s before taking shots at others.

not sure if serious
one is a psycho thug

one couldn't inspire an ant to crawl

and the last one will leave asap, once he hears a few clubs still hide brown bags in bushes.

Toby Greene is not captain material. It doesn't matter how good he is, how much he lifts the side or how much he inspires players, he doesn't set a good example because of his discipline issues. Bizarre choice.

Toby Greene is not captain material. It doesn't matter how good he is, how much he lifts the side or how much he inspires players,

actually it does matter as that’s what captains do.

he doesn't set a good example because of his discipline issues. Bizarre choice.

fans should look to their own clubs choices for captains and coaches before throwing shade.

actually it does matter as that’s what captains do.

fans should look to their own clubs choices for captains and coaches before throwing shade.
Lol it would be something if he was actually playing to lift his side instead of being suspended all the time. That's not what captains do.
If that were true, then Dusty would have been captain before Cotchin, but that's not the case. Greene is simply not captain material.

Heppell is great as a captain so I don't know what that's even supposed to mean.

Back