Recommitted Harrison Petty [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

the question was hypothetical. so whether it's likely to happen or not is irrelevant.

Thilthorpe being a pick 2 is irrelevant also. Thilthorpe isn't worth anywhere near that now. And you mention draft picks but Adelaide doesn't have the draft capital to satisfy Melbourne unless they finish low.
What's Perry actually worth? A pick 15 to 20?

This is absolute insanity.
you realise you're offering him a large contract at 800k a season. that demonstrates your interest in him.

Regardless of early season form, what has Thilthorp done? absolutely nothing. Petty is one hell of a player who is just coming off a limited preseason, just like Oliver.

you realise you're offering him a large contract at 800k a season. that demonstrates your interest in him.

Regardless of early season form, what has Thilthorp done? absolutely nothing. Petty is one hell of a player who is just coming off a limited preseason, just like Oliver.

$800k is hardly a massive wage anymore.

We're interested, because not that many half decent folks want to return to SA.

He's better than average, and we'll pay him extra because we want him to commit to returning to his home state.

But let's be real. He hasn't done much AT ALL in his career. He was a supporting player in a flag and had one really good game as a forward before being injured.

We would just want him to be a good solid key defender, which seems to be his natural position, not what Melbourne want him to do.

Thilthorpe is worth MILES more, it's ridiculous to compare them.

I’d be giving Petty a few more weeks to find form. They played him too early and he’s coming off very little pre season.
I thought he was quiet good down back when he was needed a couple of weeks back.

Shut a lot of people up tonight. And not only Adelaide fans. He had some bad turnovers especially in the first half but overall he played a very good game. 4 contested marks for the night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shut a lot of people up tonight. And not only Adelaide fans. He had some bad turnovers especially in the first half but overall he played a very good game. 4 contested marks for the night.

He didn’t shut anyone up. He played well after a number of awful performances.

He’s kicked 2 goals for the season. I wouldn’t be playing the ‘you were wrong’ card just yet.

He didn’t shut anyone up. He played well after a number of awful performances.

He’s kicked 2 goals for the season. I wouldn’t be playing the ‘you were wrong’ card just yet.
He has been awful this year but he showed what he's capable of last night. He put his strengths on show. People definitely not giving his injury enough credit. He's coming back from a serious injury and a limited pre-season.

He has been awful this year but he showed what he's capable of last night. He put his strengths on show. People definitely not giving his injury enough credit. He's coming back from a serious injury and a limited pre-season.

Yeah, as I said, he played well last night. But coming in here beating your chest and suggesting he 'shut people up' on the back of that performance is just silly.

Yeah, as I said, he played well last night. But coming in here beating your chest and suggesting he 'shut people up' on the back of that performance is just silly.
People saying 'he's a scrub', 'he's worth a future 3rd pick' etc. That commentary was far too harsh. He's a very good player out of form. Very similar to Clayton Oliver returning from a limited pre-season.

What's your point? Even at his best he isn't worth 2 1st rounders, you only trade that for A grade players.

People saying 'he's a scrub', 'he's worth a future 3rd pick' etc. That commentary was far too harsh. He's a very good player out of form. Very similar to Clayton Oliver returning from a limited pre-season.

He's not a "very good" player. He's an OK footballer being played out of position out of necessity who more often than not puts in below par performances as a result.

He had a good game last night. He was trash the previous two. It's not something to come in here and goad people claiming they were wrong about, particularly when we've hear crickets from you over the past few weeks.

He's not a "very good" player. He's an OK footballer being played out of position out of necessity who more often than not puts in below par performances as a result.

He had a good game last night. He was trash the previous two. It's not something to come in here and goad people claiming they were wrong about, particularly when we've hear crickets from you over the past few weeks.
Agree to disagree. He's a very good player. That's why Adelaide are after him hard offering him 800k a season over 5 years. He's one of Melbourne's most important players. My thoughts on a player don't change based on week to week matches. Petty has shown to an elite defender and now playing forward to help our structure and his form has been mixed in the last year and a bit. He's an 800k a year player.

The criticism on Petty is that he is woefully inconsistent up forward. Let's see what he does next week, and the week after.

This has been an issue prior to his injury where he would never turn up for more than two weeks in a row. And he only kicked multiple goals on 3 occassions last year; all against bottom sides.

He is best utilised as a KPD.

The criticism on Petty is that he is woefully inconsistent up forward. Let's see what he does next week, and the week after.

This has been an issue prior to his injury where he would never turn up for more than two weeks in a row. And he only kicked multiple goals on 3 occassions last year; all against bottom sides.

He is best utilised as a KPD.
Yeah, he only played 10 full games last year though. And I'm pretty sure a couple of those would've been in defence. I think in most teams he'd be a key defender. not in our team :)

Agree to disagree. He's a very good player. That's why Adelaide are after him hard offering him 800k a season over 5 years. He's one of Melbourne's most important players. My thoughts on a player don't change based on week to week matches. Petty has shown to an elite defender and now playing forward to help our structure and his form has been mixed in the last year and a bit. He's an 800k a year player.
Adelaide aren't offering that.

He wants to come home. He'll get paid fairly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back