Traded Harrison Wigg [traded to Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckenara has him about pick 25. Playing Sanfl this year and sounds like he's going ok. A bit of a sweet left footed outside player but also sounds like he needs to learn to win his own ball a bit more.

Others will have a much better informed opinion than me. Bicks?

So Buckenara has him at the same spot he had Gore going in the year we traded him in. I think there's a reason Buckenara no longer has a recruiting gig.

Crows ID and development talent...our problem is keeping it
Recruiting and development have been enviable.

Other than Gibbs and maybe Rockliff, who else are the Crows targeting? If some or all of Lever, Gov and CC leave, you'd have a pretty nice draft hand.

Recruiting and development have been enviable.

Other than Gibbs and maybe Rockliff, who else are the Crows targeting? If some or all of Lever, Gov and CC leave, you'd have a pretty nice draft hand.
Oh, I forgot to add that when we do lose them, we don't get much back

Kelly rumours for Crows a while back but unlikely.

Elite kick, ball magnet, wonderful set of stats really. Is Adelaide having a plethora of HBFs the only reason why he can't get a game or is there something else going on here?

I'd be mega keen if he had the ability to move up to the wing.
Tried to turn him into a inside mid, but he doesn't really have the size to stop anyone in close, so he doesn't really try. Add to that that he's slow, so we don't want to add him in with Matt Crouch (Pyke likes speed, same reason we let Lyons walk) and that sees Hampton and then Greenwood jump over him this year.

We might try to keep him, but he wants to play AFL footy, so he'll walk to whichever team has the best shot of him getting a game.

Would be a good fit for Freo. Could see him slotting into our 22 on the half back flank to allow Weller more midfield minutes. We also need to delist about 15 players over the next 2 years so we actually need to target some guys like this.

Would be a good fit for Freo. Could see him slotting into our 22 on the half back flank to allow Weller more midfield minutes. We also need to delist about 15 players over the next 2 years so we actually need to target some guys like this.

Yeah would be a bargain pick up at Fremantle. You guys have a lot of speed, Wigg is more like Laird same height, same position when brought to the club. I'd like to see him given a genuine shot, AFC just can't provide him that with our premiership tilt.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's not getting games because he doesn't seem to have any stand out attributes anymore (Pyke loves players that have a weapon, even if it comes with a weakness) with the deadly kick that saw him drafted pulling a vanishing act.
He reminds me of Mitch Grigg who we delisted a while back, not quite big or fast enough for AFL football and has lost his quality disposal whilst trying to be an inside mid.

The latest i've heard on the Wigg-man is that the crows are happy to wait and see if anyone bites with any trade interest (perhaps they use them as part of the Gibbs deal) then if nothing happens, they re-evaluate.

Either way, I think a club will grab him as a delisted free agent if crows don't throw him a bone.

I'm definitely of the believe he is good enough to at least get a shot at playing league footy,.

Good luck Wiggster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wigg played a lot of good footy in the reserves here. Hopefully he gets some opportunities at GC.

For Suns fans, don't be expecting an athletic beast, he is rather short and not that fast. He is however a very decent kick with above average skills.

WvNnm1u.png

Last edited:
Elite kick, ball magnet, wonderful set of stats really. Is Adelaide having a plethora of HBFs the only reason why he can't get a game or is there something else going on here?

I'd be mega keen if he had the ability to move up to the wing.

We sorta all called for him to get a game, and quite surprising the club traded him with Brodie Smith out for the season.

I think he just wants an opportunity and maybe there is a deficiency that the coaching group didnt like?

We sorta all called for him to get a game, and quite surprising the club traded him with Brodie Smith out for the season.

I think he just wants an opportunity and maybe there is a deficiency that the coaching group didnt like?
Remember when we essentially swapped Lever & Wigg for Cockatoo & Gregson by swapping draft picks? :D

Trade is somewhat win/win. However, I thought the crows would of kept him considering Smith is out for the season with an ACL.

Saying that, I guess the Crows do have Seedsman.

I reckon hes a good get. Thought he was stiff in a pretty strong crows team all year.
I think he said i cant be a part of a team who does such a tough scary stance before a game only to fold like little league players playing against men...
All the best wigger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back