Opinion Hurn... is he the right guy for captain?

Is Hurn the right guy for captain?

• Yes, he is the best because he is a good guy and he has receding hair.

• No, let him back off the leash to be a beast like Brock Lesnar.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

ShueyFree13%20portrait.jpg

Absolutely time and you all know it.

Murphy is 180cm/80kg.
Shuey is 183cm/90kg.

Only need to look back to this years game against Geelong to see the difference in how they play.
Shuey has a real bit of campaigner about him. I think we need that in our next captain.

Why's he wearing a Geelong sock in the above photo then? Could be looking to head back to Vic? My vote's for Waterman, born and bred west Aussie who won't go running interstate back to his mummy.

When Bunga was not captain he was a better player for us. Back in the day he would casually roost the ball from way outside 50 for a goal...

Why's he wearing a Geelong sock in the above photo then? Could be looking to head back to Vic? My vote's for Waterman, born and bred west Aussie who won't go running interstate back to his mummy.

Took it as a hunting trophy when he kilt Dangerfield with that bump this year.

Shuey is the bridge between the senior players and the youth coming through

In the International Rules game you could tell he was a pretty well-liked member of the group and is always the first to have his teammates back in a scuffle, for the eagles or otherwise

Watch him when Gaff got KO'd by that coward; he's tearing eagles players out of the way to have a go at him

Not sure if I can recall many players speak more passionately about our club than Shuey does; especially after everything he went through in his early years at the club

Inspirational? Tick
Well-loved? Tick
Bleeds blue and gold? Tick

Make it happen campaigners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need someone who is A grade quality.

We need someone who gives 100% in every game

We need someone who is as hard at the man as he is at the ball with no fear or care for their own safety

We need someone of great character yet loved by the lads.

We need someone who is seen as a leader.

We need a

3 x all australian
2 x aa vice captain
2 x coleman medalist

What benefit is there to deciding this in Jan/Feb? Once the team is back after the break it seems logical to appoint a new captain if in fact there will be one, and let the players get used to it.

has been said we will need something like a 1.25 mill a year deal to keep Gov.....and dockers have a fair bit of cap space coming.

Back