If Dees make the finals who do you prefer to play?

Remove this Banner Ad

Good teams roll anyone anywhere, so if we have that attitude we are halfway there. We know our game stacks up. We were well in front of Geelong and Sydney, we were only 3 goals behind the Tigers, we kicked ourselves out of the Port game and we beat West Coast on the road. We didn’t turn up against Hawthorn & Collingwood but that’s not the end of the world.

We are absolutely good enough to beat anyone anywhere, I’ll go as far as saying our best Footy is capable of beating Richmond in a GF.

Got to be Geelong for me.

It would also be something the footy gods would conspire to bring about and no matter what the result it would be poetic in the end.

CfP18ZDUYAIslfs.jpg

If playing Richmond is off the cards:

The prospect of losing to Geelong 3 times in 1 year is just too much. Too many Geelong supporting mates to resent. Would be too nervous.

We could roll Sydney. I would be more confident playing them at the SCG but the atmosphere at the G would be incredible if we can beat GWS and get a bit of momentum.

Hawthorn match up well against us, probably the team i want to play least. As a huge Hawks hater like all sane dees fans it would be so satisfying to knock them out though.

No to GWS again with a bye to get players back/ figure out the flaws in our game plan.

Pies also a very slim possibility if we both lose. Not sure our defence can handle their forward line.

So Sydney it is. If we don't kick it directly to their players and kick more than half our set shots we probably out score them comfortably.

If we play GWS or Swans in Sydney I'll probably try and go -I'll be in Adelaide Thursday and Friday so can't make it if it is then, although a good chance it won't be.
Almost certain we’ll be on the Saturday. Unless we get to 4th and will be on the Friday night or if their is 4 finals in Melbourne we could be Sunday afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could guarantee victory I would love to knock Geelong out.. mouthiest campaigners on big footy by far.

Don't know if I can handle another loss to them though. I hate them so much! The rage would be too much!
Yeah I’d totally lose my s**t if that happens again.

Yeah I’d totally lose my s**t if that happens again.
I half agree, but you’d cope as would I. Can’t stand Geelong and this year didn’t exactly help, but I’ve watched us for god knows how long getting knocked out of everything by tiny to embarrassing margins, so I know I can survive.

I half agree, but you’d cope as would I. Can’t stand Geelong and this year didn’t exactly help, but I’ve watched us for god knows how long getting knocked out of everything by tiny to embarrassing margins, so I know I can survive.
It would be utterly sublime to eliminate them from finals, considering our history.

It would be utterly sublime to eliminate them from finals, considering our history.
To be honest, I would settle for them being eliminated from history altogether.

(For clarity though, I’m thinking through some futuristic time-travel fanciful mechanism where I go back in time and do some random small thing that prevents them being a club. I don’t want anyone to think I’m advocating some style of hideous genocide.)

I think on our day we could beat anyone in the finals, They certainly wont be taking us an easy beat. But then again, we can loose to anyone as well, i hope not

Win and we finish 5th, lose and it will come down to how much Geelong win by. We have a 60 point buffer (so we lose by 20 points and Geelong win by 41 they leap frog us on %)

If we lose the most likely scenario is GWS away, i see Hawks beating Sydney without Franklin and geelong gaining percentage on us.

My preference would be a home final vs Geelong:
- chance for redemption (2 close losses this year, and 2 HUGE losses this decade)
- against a powerful & successful club
- big crowd / build up
- The Beamer/Rivers/Bizzell Cup

My preference would be a home final vs Geelong:
- chance for redemption (2 close losses this year, and 2 HUGE losses this decade)
- against a powerful & successful club
- big crowd / build up
- The Grgic/Gillies/Byrnes Cup

EFA

Fingers crossed it's Tiges and the double chance. But if not, finish 5th and get a 3rd chance to beat Geelong at the G or I pop my NSW cherry and head up there for a game against Sydney/GWS. Hoping it's at the G just so we have a good chance to get a bloody ticket though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back