Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon he is spot on . Clearly our weakness. As a team We are poor for loose ball gets .

Gaff and masto our 2 official wingers last year were terrible at 1 on 1 ground balls .

I don't see how brander would fix this either having a rep for not going in hard .

Sheed doesn't tackle much since he tore his peck

Our best bet is redden to the wing , then have Cameron and cripps pushing up from the HFF

True but Gaff played a fair bit on the ball last year which was annoying as he should be played predominately on a wing where he plays his role well. Now we have Kelly that is an extra on ball rotation we didn't have last year.

I am willing to let the Brander experiment play out as a winger as he adds come much needed ariel ability we clearly lacked with with Masten.

True but Gaff played a fair bit on the ball last year which was annoying as he should be played predominately on a wing where he plays his role well. Now we have Kelly that is an extra on ball rotation we didn't have last year.

I am willing to let the Brander experiment play out as a winger as he adds come much needed ariel ability we clearly lacked with with Masten.

Would love to have another pure winger - Quick, solid tank, kicks goals on the run, attacks and takes the game on. Hope we can draft one soon - Do agree its our weak point in our team.

Solid backs, starting mids and forward line. Need another gun winger to partner Gaff.

Would love to have another pure winger - Quick, solid tank, kicks goals on the run, attacks and takes the game on. Hope we can draft one soon - Do agree its our weak point in our team.

Solid backs, starting mids and forward line. Need another gun winger to partner Gaff.
Jeremy Sharpe 2022

Someone who can crazily run at subtle angles.

So when Vardy shoved Gawn and said a few words to him the commentary was over-the-top negative... but when a richmond player does it it makes one of the top 5 things you missed in the preseason.

(not sure that the above is biased or incompetent... just re-interrogating the initial incompetency!)

So when Vardy shoved Gawn and said a few words to him the commentary was over-the-top negative... but when a richmond player does it it makes one of the top 5 things you missed in the preseason.

(not sure that the above is biased or incompetent... just re-interrogating the initial incompetency!)
Oh come on.
Don't try and compare the two.

Max Gawn was lying face down when Vardy shoved him.
Even Simmo came out and said it wasn't a good look.

Oh come on.

You're implying that it was an aggressive shove that may have caused injury or hurt Gawn. There was no MRP action so I can only assume they (and most people) disagree with what you are suggesting.

Not sure why there is any real difference between this one and Vardy's. it has also been happening since the start of the VFL/AFL across all levels.

Are you saying the Baker one is a good look - because it is directly comparable (in that he pushed the player and said some words - the only difference is that the player was standing rather than on the ground, which to be honest is a pretty minor detail).

Oh come on.

I loved when Vardy shoved Gawn, it is the exact edge that our players should carry with them. It's a cut throat comp after all.

Gawn is apparently the best ruckman in the comp, over 2m tall and around 100kgs. He got laid out by Ryan who would be lucky to be 80kg. If that doesn't deserve a spray, dont know what does.

I loved when Vardy shoved Gawn, it is the exact edge that our players should carry with them. It's a cut throat comp after all.

Gawn is apparently the best ruckman in the comp, over 2m tall and around 100kgs. He got laid out by Ryan who would be lucky to be 80kg. If that doesn't deserve a spray, dont know what does.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with it. Gawn wasnt unconscious or writhing on the ground in pain - he just had his sh*t mixed by a first year player who was telegraphing his intentions from outer space. Every man on the field in an Eagles jumper should have been into him that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you saying the Baker one is a good look - because it is directly comparable (in that he pushed the player and said some words - the only difference is that the player was standing rather than on the ground, which to be honest is a pretty minor detail).
It's not really a minor detail. Nothing wrong with a bit of niggle but you need to do it at the right time.

Shoving a guy who is standing the mark vs. shoving a guy who is facedown having just been knocked to the ground (injured or not) is enough of a difference in my book for the events to be treated differently.

Where was the outrage when that flog ruffled Tom Cole's hair after spilling that mark and Stephenson kicking a goal? The competition is so even now and the physical aspects are so evenly poised with clubs spending millions on the best minds and practises. Mental toughness is the last frontier so players should take their opportunities to put their competitors off their game. Just not to the level McGinnity did.

Where was the outrage when that flog ruffled Tom Cole's hair after spilling that mark and Stephenson kicking a goal? The competition is so even now and the physical aspects are so evenly poised with clubs spending millions on the best minds and practises. Mental toughness is the last frontier so players should take their opportunities to put their competitors off their game. Just not to the level McGinnity did.
Weeelllll....{shrugs}

You're implying that it was an aggressive shove that may have caused injury or hurt Gawn. There was no MRP action so I can only assume they (and most people) disagree with what you are suggesting.

Not sure why there is any real difference between this one and Vardy's. it has also been happening since the start of the VFL/AFL across all levels.

Don't put words in my mouth please mate.
There was never a suggestion that Vardy hurt Gawn.

Gawn copped a boot in the face by Ryan when he took the speccy.

For the record, I didn't mind what Vardy did.
But you cannot compare the two incidents.

Everyone was having a laugh, including Greene in the practice game.

Vardy is a potato, he spent the entirety of that game sucking his thumb following Gawn around with his pants down by his ankles.

But what he did was perfectly fine. Gawn had just got absolutely s**t mixed, booted in the face, and put on a poster for the rest of his life. I'd have laughed too.
And then repeated that scenario to anyone who will listen for 15 yrs

:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back