Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could they insist on Optus being branded as Perth Stadium during the AFL finals, ala "Melbourne rectangular stadium" at FIFA events?
It all comes down to who has the most leverage.

If the AFL is desperate to have it in Perth, they can't demand anything.

If the State Govt and the stadium are desperate to hold the GF, they can come to an arrangement.

Having said all that, the use of Optus hasn't been a problem for Telstra and the AFL up until this point, so I'm not sure why the GF would be any different.

It was a rumour I heard on RTR of all places. Toyota have naming rights to the finals season I think, with Telstra being a communications partner. I can't see Telstra swinging their dick around about Optus getting the GF, but then I sort of can. I'm becoming sceptical about a lot of things this year!

I'm becoming sceptical about a lot of things this year!
The AFL conspiracy theorist in me suggests they'd play finals in Qld in order to keep WCE from having a home crowd because we're a powerful and well supported club and Brisbane are not.

If Tom Lynch doesn't get charged by Michael Christian tonight, after Yeo was cited, we should all be ropeable

International, head high, low force contact = 1 week. That's what we got told.

$500 Fine.

The AFL conspiracy theorist in me suggests they'd play finals in Qld in order to keep WCE from having a home crowd because we're a powerful and well supported club and Brisbane are not.

Its not even a conspiracy at this point. AFL know if finals is played in Perth we will sh*t it in. Wont stand for it.

Have you listened to previous eps? Schoey has some well measured thoughts on the hubs and restrictions etc. The first few eps were recorded in Qld and gave a really good insight to what the boys were dealing with.

I think Schoey will make a very natural progression to media once he's done with footy. Very well spoken and seems quite intelligent.
Not suitable for a job in media surely? ;)

Anyone think there is merit to the rumour that Telstra are throwing their weight around about the GF being played at Optus? Seems a stretch to me but nothing is impossible when people have dollars at stake
Brad Hardie said it on radio the other day - Telstra sponsor the AFL and don't want the GF at a stadium with the word 'Optus' so prominently displayed.

you got to laugh
freo supporters and their endless talk
Wtf? Duffield, who is a massive Freo supporter, is so desperate for them to get better that he's claiming that if the Eagles think they're good than that means something. Why would the Eagles give a s**t? Who actually made this comment, conconsidering we flogged them? This sounds like a desperate fan making s**t up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back