India v Australia 5 ODIs

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Nothing personal against the man himself but for our best chances of World Cup I want Finchy out of ODI side. Got no issue him a T20 player. Maybe he adds more to captaincy than I understand so can make up there but not convinced. Anyway, glad the meaningless T20 internationals out of way and can get down to more important matters to prepare for World Cup.
400 is the new 250 in ODI's. Little surprised Windies did not get that score on such small ground.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Nothing personal against the man himself but for our best chances of World Cup I want Finchy out of ODI side. Got no issue him a T20 player. Maybe he adds more to captaincy than I understand so can make up there but not convinced. Anyway, glad the meaningless T20 internationals out of way and can get down to more important matters to prepare for World Cup.
400 is the new 250 in ODI's. Little surprised Windies did not get that score on such small ground.

I'll find 5 ODIs against India hard to watch. If the T20 matches are any indication, apparently we need to know what Kohli is doing at all times, even when he's out and sitting in the stands we need a shot of him after every ball. When he's in the field we need continual shots of him, at least 4-5 an over. Kohli-cam is out of control.

Has anyone noticed anything about Stoinis? I don't know if he over-rates his ability, but that total look of disbelief he gets on his face after he has been dismissed playing an average shot, as if the ball did something totally unplayable. It's starting to get on my wick.

weetert

All Australian
Jul 4, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

Agree on ODIs, we have better players to offer. His captaincy has been questionable too.

In fairness he is one of the goat t20 batsmen.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I'll find 5 ODIs against India hard to watch. If the T20 matches are any indication, apparently we need to know what Kohli is doing at all times, even when he's out and sitting in the stands we need a shot of him after every ball. When he's in the field we need continual shots of him, at least 4-5 an over. Kohli-cam is out of control.

Has anyone noticed anything about Stoinis? I don't know if he over-rates his ability, but that total look of disbelief he gets on his face after he has been dismissed playing an average shot, as if the ball did something totally unplayable. It's starting to get on my wick.

LOL @ Kohli-watch. I do love it when they give him (or Dhoni, and previously Sachin) a hero's welcome and they are out 3 balls later.

Stoinis is good for our ODI side and had a great BBL but I'm not sure about him in the T20I side. Sure if he keeps making 500 runs per BBL then he deserves his spot but if you're going to pick 4 quicks I'd pick a dedicated opener rather than an all rounder who opens sometimes.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Are the matches being streamed on the Kayo sports app or is just all Foxtel ??
Will be streamed live or on demand. The good option they got when not got time to watch game is watch a condensed replay version the next day.
so the full 7 hours of a one dayer could be condensed in about 30 minutes replay on there a day later. Foe example two T20's were on, I don't normally watch them as find it less interesting but can watch the bashing sixes highlights in 19 minutes of Rahul, Kohli, Dhoni and Maxwell Show from yesterday. I will track down the West Indies v England one dayer too

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

Ha ha, true about Kholi worship over there. That's just what the country of a billion people do. They are unaware how silly it is to us.

As for Stoinis, nah, not noticed too much. He is a different cat as a cricketer to most but kind of entertaining. McGrath used to throw his hands on his hips in angry teapot stance as if it was morally wrong to hit him for a few fours in an over. You get some funny reactions from some cricketers with healthy dose of belief in their own ability. Sometimes it can be annoying but it is just them in heat of battle.

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
How silly of the Indian tv productions to not know that showing repeated shots of the Indian captain during an Indian match in India annoys the western audience who are watching the same feed in a different part of the world.

If only they can stop the cringeworthy hero worshipping and rather analyse the heights of each jump of every Kohli century celebration ever and let the viewers know the standard deviation from his previous jumps mixed with some blokey banter about how well spaghetti bolognese goes on a pizza and talk about favourite pizzas for five minutes, now that would be some actual analysis and real insight into the technicalities of cricket.:p

How silly of the Indian tv productions to not know that showing repeated shots of the Indian captain during an Indian match in India annoys the western audience who are watching the same feed in a different part of the world.

If only they can stop the cringeworthy hero worshipping and rather analyse the heights of each jump of every Kohli century celebration ever and let the viewers know the standard deviation from his previous jumps mixed with some blokey banter about how well spaghetti bolognese goes on a pizza and talk about favourite pizzas for five minutes, now that would be some actual analysis and real insight into the technicalities of cricket.:p
Personally, the extensive analysis of that time Michael Slater went up a cherry picker is what I really want in my cricket commentary.

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Personally, the extensive analysis of that time Michael Slater went up a cherry picker is what I really want in my cricket commentary.

Lol I actually like when Warne rambles on a bit nonsensical about things completely unrelated to cricket. It's a good escape from the constant focus on cricket.

But trouble is he doesn't know when to stop and then sometimes he gets too excited and starts talking about how he spent his last night lol.

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
How stupid or stubborn is Justin Langer insisting that Maxwell will continue to bat at 7.Just makes no sense and negative thinking and on his current form the more overs he bats the better the team score will be if he produces the goods.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
How stupid or stubborn is Justin Langer insisting that Maxwell will continue to bat at 7.Just makes no sense and negative thinking and on his current form the more overs he bats the better the team score will be if he produces the goods.
Relax, JL has pushed the world's greatest batsman up to 5.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Surprised Matty didn't also give Ashton one of these shirts.

haydentheTiwiAshes.jpg

Reign Man

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Maxy up to 5? I think that's about right. Maybe even 4. You can't leave a god of cricket like him down the order too far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back