Recommitted Jack Lukosius [Extended to 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah okay. Still reckon Eddie retires from footy this weekend. Might stay on at the Crows as an assistant under SC rules. Love him, but he is cooked as a player. Would hate for him to go on one year too long.
On the GC board a few of their posters apparently were in the rooms after the Hawks GC game and their chairman mentioned to them Eddie Betts and Greenwood are both likely to be suns players next year. There would have to be some sort of grace to let Eddie go but what is the compensation for him and Greenwood???..we hope it is part of a bigger deal to land Lukosius and I am sure GC fans want to offer a 5th rounder for both. Trade period will be very interesting from a crows perspective

On the GC board a few of their posters apparently were in the rooms after the Hawks GC game and their chairman mentioned to them Eddie Betts and Greenwood are both likely to be suns players next year. There would have to be some sort of grace to let Eddie go but what is the compensation for him and Greenwood???..we hope it is part of a bigger deal to land Lukosius and I am sure GC fans want to offer a 5th rounder for both. Trade period will be very interesting from a crows perspective

Get the feeling you may have to wait another year for Lukosius, you would think Port Adelaide would be the more attractive option as a player, but they are skint, which puts The Crows back in the game.

You two SA clubs have the almost the reverse problems at your respective clubs, it's almost amusing from an irony point of view.

Greenwood is a late 2nd early 3rd round pick.
Betts is a 50-60 like hodge contract means nothing when the club doesn’t want him.
Lukosius has not said he wants to be traded home.
He is loving his time on the Gold Coast.
If he requests a trade at the end of 2020 the suns will still hold all the cards

Betts is a 50-60 like hodge contract means nothing when the club doesn’t want him.
If he requests a trade at the end of 2020 the suns will still hold all the cards
Sure..good luck

Get the feeling you may have to wait another year for Lukosius, you would think Port Adelaide would be the more attractive option as a player, but they are skint, which puts The Crows back in the game.

You two SA clubs have the almost the reverse problems at your respective clubs, it's almost amusing from an irony point of view.
if you had said that a few weeks ago, I might have agreed but things are not all roses down the port way so it seems - apparently Lycett might want out after a big fall out with Hinkley 1 year into his deal, Amon wants out again, The club is short of money and is apparently asking its players to defer somee payments till next year to balance the books..

Agree with you up until your last statement.
Unfortunately if he asks to go after next year we will get screwed over.

Still no way I am entertaining trading him this year. So all those Adelaide posters begging for what we value him.. just give it a rest.

Greenwood our 3rd this year or next
Betts worth nothing pick wise. Of course valuable for a host of other reasons.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with you up until your last statement.
Unfortunately if he asks to go after next year we will get screwed over.

Still no way I am entertaining trading him this year. So all those Adelaide posters begging for what we value him.. just give it a rest.

Greenwood our 3rd this year or next
Betts worth nothing pick wise. Of course valuable for a host of other reasons.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree there is no reason to trade him , as he is contracted but like say Brad Crouch for us, if he doesn't commit or we have suspicion he wants to leave we need to investigate what his going rate is this year, we know next year we will guarantee ourselves a first depending where we finish. If Brad wanted to leave I would want a top 5 and maybe a player ewquivelnt to a late first

Agree on Greenwood dropped this year and struggles to make the team, but a change of scenery may change that

Betts is finished cant kick from 40m anymore may take on a coaching role if one offered

Agree there is no reason to trade him , as he is contracted but like say Brad Crouch for us, if he doesn't commit or we have suspicion he wants to leave we need to investigate what his going rate is this year, we know next year we will guarantee ourselves a first depending where we finish. If Brad wanted to leave I would want a top 5 and maybe a player ewquivelnt to a late first

Agree on Greenwood dropped this year and struggles to make the team, but a change of scenery may change that

Betts is finished cant kick from 40m anymore may take on a coaching role if one offered
I know why Adelaide so into Lukosius, but if you got retention issue like GCS, the worse is to part away a player after a year, what kind of messenge to Ben King and Rowell, Anderson, if any club have pick 2,3 next year they got chance to get them the following year?.

Nothing is stopping from Eddie Betts retiring from the Crows and joining the Suns s as a delisted FA aka Luke Hodge and the Lions (as far as I know)
We didn't sign him as a DFA. We had to trade for him because when he unretired he was still counted as a Hawthorn player. Admittedly it was for a token pick in the 70s, but still.

Sounds like Adelaide are getting desperate that they want to shake the tree at GCS already...

I know why Adelaide so into Lukosius, but if you got retention issue like GCS, the worse is to part away a player after a year, what kind of messenge to Ben King and Rowell, Anderson, if any club have pick 2,3 next year they got chance to get them the following year?.

Adelaides retention issues can be easily solved by looking at gaining as much SA talent as possible, in our last premiership we had 23 SA players on the list, which is why Luko is obviously a target and west coast have 13 or 14 WA players on theirs ATM

GC have a harder task they don't have that luxury of home grown talent, but its not about showing others that they will be blocked if they want to leave, AFL players don't give a toss its not like they are playing for their local amateur club and stay loyal they get big bucks to play footy, playing at home near family and friends would appeal

TBH if I played footy at the highest level GC would appeal to me because of the weather and lifestyle they really need to capatilize on that like we need to capatilize on SA lads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing is stopping from Eddie Betts retiring from the Crows and joining the Suns s as a delisted FA aka Luke Hodge and the Lions (as far as I know)

Pretty sure you cant retire to enanle you to enter into a new contract if you are contracted

If that was the case Brad Crouch could do that infact any player in the AFL whether there are 21 or 31 would take that loop hole and exploit it

Betts has been a great player but he has no trade value now, Greenwood yes that helps the GC on field next year and makes them stronger. I know GCS are idiots at trading but let's assume they get some brains this time around. That is an OK offer for an OOC Luko but I reckon you need someone else as well to get a contracted Luko.
I think you are being unfair to idiots here, a cabbage could of done a better job of trading than our mob in the past few years

Weller for pick 2
4 second rounders for Eagles pick that turned into pick 18
Lions pick this year ( currently 18) for 2x pick 19’s

Just to name some of the gems, I want to play poker with some of these asshats

For what it's worth even if Luko or King as for a trade I think GCS will hold them to their contract. They can't be seen to be trading out top kids a year after they have drafted them while also asking for a priority pick.

It will be the players who want to leave, not GC wanting to trade out anything

They certainly wont be seen in any bad way for trading out for circumstances beyond their control

They certainly wont be seen in any bad way for trading out for circumstances beyond their control
I think it will. Imagine they trade Luko for pick 3 and then next year the kid they select then asks for a trade. The last thing Gold Coast need is to trade out players for more draft picks. Not like they won’t have a high draft pick next year.
The only reason they should trade highly talented kids like Luko is to get experience talent back. If they could get say an Ollie wines caliber player as part of the deal who can commit for five plus years and instantly make them more competitive, that might make them do the trade.

Dew is a stubborn SOB and I think he will try and stamp his foot down on players thinking they can just leave whenever they want. Unless it is massively in GCS flavour he won't do it I'm pretty sure.

Dew is a stubborn SOB and I think he will try and stamp his foot down on players thinking they can just leave whenever they want. Unless it is massively in GCS flavour he won't do it I'm pretty sure.
No draftee ever left Suns after 1 year. Suns are so much better off field now than in the first 7 years it's not even funny.

Lukosius looks like a very happy little vegemite in all those videos with Ben.

Last edited:
No draftee ever left Suns after 1 year. Suns are so much better off field now than in the first 7 years it's not even funny.

Also Lukosius looks like a very happy little vegemite in all those videos with Ben.
Well said.
And why would Lukosius want to go to the crows they are a basket case atm.
Coach about to be sacked mass players waiting out and a s*** place to live.
Lukosius will re-sign with the suns early next year and so will King

Well said.
And why would Lukosius want to go to the crows they are a basket case atm.
Coach about to be sacked mass players waiting out and a s*** place to live.
Lukosius will re-sign with the suns early next year and so will King

This is the issue

Rumours Luko wants to leave are probs just that a rumour like Ollie wines or even crows players

what is true what is social media gossip

I suppose social media will discuss if Brad Crouch wants to leave like it discussed if Rory Sloane did, yet he is still there

Some is true some isnt, only time will tell

Lukosius looks like a very happy little vegemite in all those videos with Ben.
I can tell you he isn't. That doesn't mean he will ask for a trade, but he had a hard time settling in up there. Gf doesn't want to go there.
But homesickness can pass, and he is a quality lad.

I can tell you he isn't. That doesn't mean he will ask for a trade, but he had a hard time settling in up there. Gf doesn't want to go there.
But homesickness can pass, and he is a quality lad.
No doubt moving away from home as an 18 old teenager can't be easy. Every time I watch Jack and Ben I feel like I am watching still kids though Ben looks more mature. I's only natural to feel homesick sometimes but it does not mean he is not happy on GC.

McLennan, another draftee from SA struggled early by his own words and now feels much more settled and extended.

I think you are being unfair to idiots here, a cabbage could of done a better job of trading than our mob in the past few years

Weller for pick 2
4 second rounders for Eagles pick that turned into pick 18
Lions pick this year ( currently 18) for 2x pick 19’s

Just to name some of the gems, I want to play poker with some of these asshats

18 for 2x pick 19's is some sort of genius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back