Toast Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Welcome to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont really understand but as we lose a bunch of picks I guess all the other clubs get to move up a few places???
Here's the revised table for matched bids on Jamarra. I recalculated some of the lower picks as per the notes below. And I changed the colour of the first column to green so you know which version you're looking at.

We currently have picks 29, 33, 41, 42, 52, 54 and 90.
Pick 90 carries no points value for matching bids, so it can only be used for drafting a player.

View attachment 1021376

How to read it:
The green column shows where a bid might come. I'm assuming it will be no lower than pick 6.
The blue column shows what picks we'll be left with under each of those six scenarios, including a new pick that may be allocated to us for any residual points we have after matching the Jamarra bid.
The orange column shows what the highest bid is we can match for either MacPherson or Raak after matching the JUH bid. There's a decent chance nobody will bid at all but if they did it's unlikely to be under pick 40 so we should be OK to match them in all scenarios except maybe the first one (JUH at pick 1).

Notes on variances (in case you're scratching your head):
  • Match at Pick 1 - we convert six separate picks into pick 1 and those six picks are removed from the board so every pick after pick 54 moves up 5 places BUT ... we are allocated a new pick 66 so every pick after that moves back down one place. Hence our pick 90 moves up four places (-5+1) to become pick 86.
  • Match at Pick 2 - we convert four separate picks into pick 2 so every pick after pick 42 moves up 3 places but we are allocated a new pick 73 so every pick after that moves back down one place. Hence our pick 90 becomes pick 88. (-3+1)
  • Match at Pick 3 - we convert four separate picks into pick 3 so every pick after pick 42 moves up 3 places but we are allocated a new pick 53 so every pick after that moves back down one place. Hence our pick 90 becomes pick 88. (-3+1)
  • Match at Pick 4 - we convert three separate picks into pick 4 so every pick after pick 41 moves up 2 places. We have no residual points to create a new pick allocation so pick 90 also moves up two places to become pick 88.
  • Match at Pick 5 - we convert three separate picks into pick 5 so every pick after pick 41 moves up 2 places but we are allocated a new pick 62 so every pick after that moves back down one place. Hence our pick 90 becomes pick 89. (-2+1)
  • Match at Pick 6 - we convert three separate picks into pick 6 so every pick after pick 41 moves up 2 places but we are allocated a new pick 54 so every pick after that moves back down one place. Hence our pick 90 becomes pick 89. (-2+1)
All of that would be fine but other clubs also have players that will attract bids and they will almost certainly match (eg Reef McInnes). And we may match if there are any bids on MacPherson or Raak. This will create further minor shuffling in the lower rounds of the draft depending on where those players attract a bid, how many picks are used to match and what new picks are allocated from any residue points. That is far too complex to try to wargame here. Our main concern is roughly where we will stand after an early bid on Jamarra.

Suffice to say that the latest trade of picks with GWS puts us in a very solid position. Ideally JUH doesn't attract a bid until at least pick 2, but even if Adelaide does pull the trigger we'll be OK.
So what impact did crows bidding at 1 have on us rather than say pick 3. Do they get any benefit out if it?

So what impact did crows bidding at 1 have on us rather than say pick 3. Do they get any benefit out if it?

They maintained the integrity of the draft system by making us use all of the draft points that we have spent the last month accumulating in plain sight, apparently.

All the while gifting the JUH 20K. They showed us real good.

I guess we'll think twice before doing exactly the same thing, should the opportunity arise in the future.

Just a "keep the bastards honest" pick. We'd have done it if it was another team.
I hope not. If we had finished bottom, had the camp debacle, and the Brad Crouch car crash trade I’d be giving my fans a proper number 1 to get behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look forward to seeing him but PLEASE don't talk the poor guy up as being the second coming before he's even played a game....
I think most don't think he is the 2nd coming, I think most, like me get the sense he will go well first year and end up something special, think of buddy but with a superior mark.

I am so happy about this on multiple fronts but most importantly, we have been under represented in First nation talent for years. Oh, and Adelaide missed out on the $10k and 1st pick Kudos.

Let's as a club look after him and as this Bulldog community board, respect him, no matter what he does initially. Bring on 2021

JUH
JUH
JUH, f#k yeah!
Comin' again to save the motherf#%^in' day, yeah
(Apols to Team America)

Buddy with a superior mark, what’s he kicking over his career 1400? 😬
He is and will be a better mark then buddy, he could play Wing or eventually mid and or backline player and will still be a better mark, did I say goals or marks he will be better at then Buddy?, 😳🙄

Remove this Banner Ad

Back