Toast Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Welcome to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

* sake that’s frustrating, obviously his health is more important but let’s be honest if the game was one day later It wouldn’t make a difference to his recovery and he’d play

No. The VFL game would be the 12th day. He was concussed on the 9th and the next VFL game is on the 21st so he is forced to sit out. No mention of ongoing symptoms so not sure where the OP got that garbage from.
Nope. Tigers had a player cleared to play on their 12th day. We are just more conservative as a club.

Nope. Tigers had a player cleared to play on their 12th day. We are just more conservative as a club.

Yes also given it happen around 12.30pm on the Sunday and this game is at 7.30 pm on Friday the 12 days measured in hours ends at 12,29 on Friday.

Last edited:
Hopefully he can use the time to build up his endurance to AFL level. He could kick another 5 in the VFL this week but I think he’s still got work to do.

Not that AFL selection is a realistic proposition this week, but is it right that Marra is unavailable for VFL selection this week under concussion protocols, but is technically available for AFL selection the following day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many games has he played in recent weeks? Seems like he has missed nearly a month of footy due to concussion, the bye and the lockdown.

It certainly doesn't help a young player needing to build up endurance and match fitness after missing out on footy completely in 2020.

How many games has he played in recent weeks? Seems like he has missed nearly a month of footy due to concussion, the bye and the lockdown.

It certainly doesn't help a young player needing to build up endurance and match fitness after missing out on footy completely in 2020.
He said on the podcast his concussion period allowed him to do a bit more fitness work, knowing he wouldn't be playing on the weekend.

He said on the podcast his concussion period allowed him to do a bit more fitness work, knowing he wouldn't be playing on the weekend.
That's good but he did a whole year of fitness work last year and he wasn't anywhere near ready for senior footy.

Has he got better advice on what sort of fitness work to do now?

I'd still just love to get game time into him.

That's good but he did a whole year of fitness work last year and he wasn't anywhere near ready for senior footy.

I would imagine being under the guidance of an AFL strength and conditioning regime would be a significant upgrade on being in lockdown for six months and only training with one other person in a NAB League system. I see your point, but I think comparing this year and last is an apples and oranges exercise.

From the looks of things, he spent a lot of last year building on his strength and speed, not aerobic capacity

That's 3 weeks away we will be ok by then

If things don’t improve we will be shipped to WA/SA for a month.

-Play Dockers
-Bye
-Play Geelong in SA or WA(they will be sent to SA to play Port)
- Play Weagles

Come home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back