Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So the interesting side now is North draft points:

Is a second rounder and 3 third rounders enough points for Thomas and Scott or will we see North look to make more trades?
Still have to trade out Pruess and Clarke plus the 20% discount you get on academy picks helps.

Lycett has come in on around the same money as pittards jettisoned contract so we are effectively now free of polecs space in the cap (600kish whatever we planned for him)

Also Ryder’s 700k+ contract clears next year and he is replaced by a cheaper contracted ruck. Sam Hayes will be his back up then.
Bold strategy as Hayes is still a beanpole coming off an ACL injury this year. Ruckman take a bit of time (up to 4 years) to be ready for AFL footy

Good trade for both teams. Port get rid of Pittard's contract and get a good pick in, Norf get a medium fish and a chance to try and get Pittard back to his best. Win win.

Not an elite winger

Fair enough...he is right up there in the top handful of wingers in my opinion.

If not elite, at least consistently good to great. I mean, he only had under 20 touches once last season, when he collected 19 and kicked 2 against the WB.

Then he had games like the one against North where he collected 34 disposals, laid 12 tackles, kicked a goal and was easily best on ground.

Sounds like North are doing Port a solid here for some possible good will in the future, as I can't see Pittard being on North's list for another contract.

So the interesting side now is North draft points:

Is a second rounder and 3 third rounders enough points for Thomas and Scott or will we see North look to make more trades?
This leaves North with 1554 points worth of picks. Assuming Tarryn Thomas does not go top 7, it'll be enough. I think.

Fair enough...he is right up there in the top handful of wingers in my opinion.

If not elite, at least consistently good to great. I mean, he only had under 20 touches once last season, when he collected 19 and kicked 2 against the WB.

Then he had games like the one against North where he collected 34 disposals, laid 12 tackles, kicked a goal and was easily best on ground.

Agree that he has a couple of good games and he gains the territory which is what the wing should do but i think he needs to get his disposal efficiency up.

Sounds like North are doing Port a solid here for some possible good will in the future, as I can't see Pittard being on North's list for another contract.
I remember there was a swap of late picks/futures with port at the end of last trade period which allows us to gain points to use on thomas. It seems like there is a good relationship between the clubs.

Well, let's be brutally honest here.

The one thing the forever impoversihed NMFC seems to have plenty of, is money for salaries.

Anyone else we can take off their hands, just to allow us to reach the 95% mark this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only neutral that thinks North have done well here?

They get their player, plus Pittard who is a classic 'buy low' trade, and use a pick that would have been soaked up by the Thomas bid anyway?

Port have guys like Houston rapidly improving so get the Pittard salary dump as well and that part of the trade doesn't hurt their best 22.

They get their player, plus Pittard who is a classic 'buy low' trade, and use a pick that would have been soaked up by the Thomas bid anyway?

Port have guys like Houston rapidly improving so get the Pittard salary dump as well and that part of the trade doesn't hurt their best 22.

Think both players will help them, will be interesting how they all gel next year.

Polec alone is a good get, if they can get Pittard back into form it will be a steal.

Pitard is a real head scratcher, though North were interested last year. Suppose they do need to waste their cap on someone, big win letting him and getting pick 11 in this trade. I'm interested in what The Ziebull has to say about it.

I reckon they have done super well also. Wasn't too aware of the Thomas kid they have coming in too so losing pick 11 means nothing if he is highly rated.
Expect Polec to really add a missing element and Pittard has the potential to be a steal.

Wow north have fleeced the power here
Yep, oh no they took Pitard who will ******* fumble the ball like a under 8 kid now. A lot of people here think because Pitard had 1 good season they'll get him back to that yet the same gets said with all down hill players and rarely does it work.

Yep, oh no they took Pitard who will f**king fumble the ball like a under 8 kid now. A lot of people here think because Pitard had 1 good season they'll get him back to that yet the same gets said with all down hill players and rarely does it work.
That's exactly what a fleeced fan would say tbh

Yep, oh no they took Pitard who will f**king fumble the ball like a under 8 kid now. A lot of people here think because Pitard had 1 good season they'll get him back to that yet the same gets said with all down hill players and rarely does it work.
So much salt.

North have a good record with getting the most out of mature age recruits (Higgins, Waite, Jacobs etc). I'm quietly confident we'll be able to get Pittard back to a high level of play next season.

I think you need to log off for a bit. This deal has left you cranky.

Back