Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think their cap is too bad more taking the opportunity to move on a bad contract in a position they have well covered

As above, think we had the forth or fifth most cap space.
He was on some good money in a position we have depth.
Have given him plenty of time to get rid of the turnovers and bad decision making.

So the interesting side now is North draft points:

Is a second rounder and 3 third rounders enough points for Thomas and Scott or will we see North look to make more trades?

COME good? he is 28 at the start of next year.

He is what he is.

Or return to his 2016 form, however you want to put it.

Great trade for North.

Yeah no. We apparently had 2nd lowest spend this year.

That may be the case. But doesnt mean you didnt look at his money and decide happy to part with him considering his output.

You may also have backloaded contracts and the squeeze starts now. I dont know if you did but its possible

Polec is a loss, Pittard’s been average for the last 2 years. We’ve got plenty of coverage for him. Excited about the Burgoyne FS coming through soon.

Is a second rounder and 3 third rounders enough points for Thomas and Scott or will we see North look to make more trades?
With discounts and we can carry points into next year we should be fine. Pruess may now be traded for more points.

think both sides come away happy with this one

North get there man and pittard who may come good or may not but have the space $$ so who cares
Port gets its pick and doesnt throw in a second or an extra third, plus gets a forth and gets rid of a bad contract

We are over stocked on HBFs so all round a good deal. and to get it done now leaves both clubs time to play with the picks etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

think both sides come away happy with this one

North get there man and pittard who may come good or may not but have the space $$ so who cares
Port gets its pick and doesnt throw in a second or an extra third, plus gets a forth and gets rid of a bad contract

We are over stocked on HBFs so all round a good deal. and to get it done now leaves both clubs time to play with the picks etc
Agreed. First a Lycett deal gone smoothly, now a Polec and a Pittard thrown in gone reasonably smoothly, just looking for the hidden banana skin that we will inevitably slip on.

Good trade all round. Happy with that. Just need to get Pittard to return to his 2016 form.

We need pace out of the backline so a welcome addition. North posters wanted Hunt from Melbourne but Pittard is the same without the off field baggage.

Clarke and maybe Pruess, I mean I hope Pruess for points, really don't want Tyson.

It would not be quite enough points I don’t think but not crazy far off.

They need to bring in hall as well. Depends what they get for pruess.

I reckon pittard will come good

Will be an amazing trade for North if he does. Wow.

Pittard is what he is. A very underrated aerial defender. Probably one of the better aerial small defenders in the league. Keep him away from the ball though to be honest. On offense he will run and create but hugely prone to bizarre amazing * ups

Pittard only got a year to run?

2 I believe

So I do think this is a good deal for North. Polec really came good last year and Pittard, who hopefully can recapture his form from a few years back, was close enough to a freebie.

But, there was a fair bit of hyperbole thrown around about Gaffs character when he knocked back North so I was curious where that chat is in regards to Polec? He's the definition of a mercenary who has stomped his feet and ran away from two clubs now. All this talk of the shinboner spirit was getting bandied around but now they've secured a guy who has no pride in any of the jumpers he's pulled on. Thoughts?

Lycett has come in on around the same money as pittards jettisoned contract so we are effectively now free of polecs space in the cap (600kish whatever we planned for him)

Also Ryder’s 700k+ contract clears next year and he is replaced by a cheaper contracted ruck. Sam Hayes will be his back up then.

Back