Traded Jarrad Witts [traded to Gold Coast for picks 44 & 62]

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Gawn and Jacobs have him covered. And even then his place in the pecking order would be flattered by injuries to the likes of Tippett, Goldstein and Naitanui.
Gawn has everyone covered. Jacobs was beaten by Grundy head to head last time they played, would be close.

I did say AA 'form', not that he would be selected as an AA. Extended squad is a chance, 22 is not realistic.

Grundy in AA form? He was smashed by Hampson a few weeks ago lol.

Wtf? Did you even see the game? Grundy was vastly better than Hampson. Grundy even polled in the coaches voting. I'm starting to think that Grundy bullied you as a child or something as you seem to have something against him. You declaring that Grundy was worth pick 60 was extremely cringe worthy and embarrassing.

At the end of the day Witts is worth what the market dictates.Simple as that .Also how many clubs go after him.
The negatives and what is not in Collingwoods favour he has been playing in the reserves.
Possitives his been our best player in the reserves.Deserved a recall severall weeks ago but Grundy an Witts cant play together. Big giants dont grow on trees .And most likely multiple clubs will chase him.
Estimation Anything beetween a late first rounder and a Second rounder.
Considering pust ruck trades ie What Carlton paid for Jaksch from gws.
More importantly supply and demand simple economics!

Wtf? Did you even see the game? Grundy was vastly better than Hampson. Grundy even polled in the coaches voting. I'm starting to think that Grundy bullied you as a child or something as you seem to have something against him. You declaring that Grundy was worth pick 60 was extremely cringe worthy and embarrassing.
Yeap Grundy took his lunch money :D:D:D

Grundy is worth every bit of a 1st rounder mate so dont worry about that. Only 22 years old too which is scary as i think by 24 he will be up there with Gawn as the premier ruckman of the competition.

Every club would love Brodie Grundy in their side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd say Witts would be number 1 ruckman at the gold coast.. And wouldn't have to play too much forward either. What was collingwood offering him?

Witts is average but rucks are worth more.late second to third round.

list of rucks who are on the market imo

ty vickery,tom Campbell,ivan maric, downie, stewart, levi cant kick casboult, swans have two good young rucks, zac Clarke,sam Michael, spencer,vardy.daw lobbe would be for the right price,longer,homles.

of that lot in order
stewart
downie
Campbell
longer
Naismith
witts/daw

if pies got a pick anywhere under 40 they have done well really well

What clubs have now is fairly irrelevant. Picks and players are thrown around during the trade period. If a club wants a player they find a way to cough up the neccessary currency.

Lol. Nicholls and Currie are awful.
Kinda weird that Pies fans think Witts is substantially better than Currie. Both have similar stats in the VFL, (Currie's from last year, where he was kept out by an AA ruckman) and on the limited exposure each has had in the AFL this season, Currie has outperformed Witts.

Age will improve the value of Witts a bit, but I doubt there will be many teams lining up to give out anything more than an early 3rd.

Kinda weird that Pies fans think Witts is substantially better than Currie. Both have similar stats in the VFL, (Currie's from last year, where he was kept out by an AA ruckman) and on the limited exposure each has had in the AFL this season, Currie has outperformed Witts.

Age will improve the value of Witts a bit, but I doubt there will be many teams lining up to give out anything more than an early 3rd.
Currie was banging down 60 hitouts and getting ~20 posessions in the VFL this time last year huh? That's pretty impressive. Weird that I can't find the stats for these amazing VFL performances of his.

Last edited:
Hawks second round pick for Witts seems fair?
Considering your 2nd round pick will be about mid 30s, no.

Currie was banging down 60 hitouts and getting ~20 posessions in the VFL this time last year huh? That's pretty impressive. Weird that I can't find the stats for these amazing VFL performances of his.
Currie averaged 11.1 disposals and 35.7 hitouts in 12 VFL games last year, with highs of 19 dipsosals in Round 6 and a high of 47 hitouts in Rounds 2 and 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back