Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

It is an absolute delight to watch him play. Extraordinary footballer. The moment he gets it you look for the damage he can do.

Moves like Ebert, yaps like Clifford.

Love how nobody is even talking about JHF. All the talk about Reid, Daicos, Rankine but this guy is destroying every game he plays in.
Edit: actually I apologise was looking at wrong data, will revise below now. It’s only the first three.

if you want to have a laugh at Champion Data, this year, these are the North Melbourne players having better seasons than Jason.

Harry Sheezel (#1 in the comp)
Tristan Xerri
Luke Davies Uniacke
Zac Fisher
Tom Powell
Bailey Scott

Last edited:
He's the best young player in the comp. Will be close to removing the "young" from that sentence by the end of the year, too.

Yep. The damage he does is extraordinary. He breaks games open and just demoralises opposition teams. I think he's without doubt a top maybe 10-15 player in the comp right now and rapidly rising up the ranks.

The way he drops to his knees to stay upright when taking a mark, allows him to have an option to handball to a player running past. I remember Ebert doing the same when he played, always staying within the game. A lot of players drop/fall to the ground but leaves them out of position to keep the play going/playing on. He understands fast transition & the need to stay involved as much as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way he drops to his knees to stay upright when taking a mark, allows him to have an option to handball to a player running past. I remember Ebert doing the same when he played, always staying within the game. A lot of players drop/fall to the ground but leaves them out of position to keep the play going/playing on. He understands fast transition & the need to stay involved as much as possible.
Actually the way he moves around reminds me of Brett Ebert. Just better in every way.

Fun fact: Jason Horne-Francis (20 years old, 50 games) had his 25th career win today, overtaking Cameron Zurhaar (26 years old, 108 games), who has 24 career wins.

Seems immune to the big game jitters the rest of the club has.

This is a massive game for him against his old club who have made him a supervillain and piled the pressure on him, and he didn't just show up, he ****ing destroyed them.

Make him captain. No offence to Rozee at all, but this guy will put us on his back and drag us over the line.

Seems immune to the big game jitters the rest of the club has.

This is a massive game for him against his old club who have made him a supervillain and piled the pressure on him, and he didn't just show up, he ******* destroyed them.

Make him captain. No offence to Rozee at all, but this guy will put us on his back and drag us over the line.

Robbie Gray did the same for years and to my knowledge was never even in the leadership group.

Don't get me wrong, I think in time JHF is going to be captain. But he's not even 21 years old yet. He's no where near ready to be captain. Just let him continue on his current path because the trajectory projects higher than the Burj Khalifa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back