News Jeff Kennett to stand down at the end of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Even more credit to Hawthorn on how well we do financially and always make a profit when our fixture is manipulated by the AFL another reason we can't let go of our pokies yet.
Yes it was good to record a surplus this year. I've not seen the full report but across the league how clubs report on their financials differs greatly.

It's hard to really compare but if we were only viable because of income derived from Pokies and not our core business there are bigger issues as other clubs have recorded profits without.

It just shows how petty the douche bags at AFL House actually are.
Now before the tin hat foil minions get all excited hear me out.
Look at the AFLW for an example & the 4 sides that have no sides in that comp.
I can see why Essendon have pissed them off still with the stigma of the supplements scandal maybe, but how do fledgling clubs like the Suns & GWS etc get in before them?
Port is a bit of a conundrum as I see Adelaide got in before them in the SA market. they probably wanted the Adelaide name there first as it stands for the whole city maybe.
This leads to the Swans though not having a side in before GWS? Surely they would prefer to have an AFLW side with Australia's biggest city next to its name in this comp. I think the egg Sydney put on their face when Franklin chose Sydney still irks them.
That leaves us & I do not care what anyone or body says the AFL will put roadblocks in place to hinder us at any opportunity & it's proven ten fold from many stand points ie fixturing, player movements, draft compo. etc etc.
The next President male or female has to have a set of brass nuts the size of WA to keep these corrupt cretins in check!
Port and Sydney did not apply for an AFLW licence.

Even more credit to Hawthorn on how well we do financially and always make a profit when our fixture is manipulated by the AFL another reason we can't let go of our pokies yet.
Agree the fixture seems to always work against us.

Pokies aren’t necessary for our success. There’s a whole thread on that. They aren’t a particular good investment.

Agree credit to the guys in charge for managing our club well over a long period of time.

Gold coast and GWS AFLW support seems to be more passionate than for their mens teams. It will do wonders for the expansion in those areas

I was also surprised the support for AFLW tassie kangaroos seemed so muted in comparison. maybe they really dont want a relocated team branded as tassie

Gold coast and GWS AFLW support seems to be more passionate than for their mens teams. It will do wonders for the expansion in those areas

I was also surprised the support for AFLW tassie kangaroos seemed so muted in comparison. maybe they really dont want a relocated team branded as tassie
Get the mums on board they learn the rules and eventually bring the sons (and daughters)
Clever marketing

To be fair, it’s a very low base...

It’s a bit like the BBL, when it has clear airtime and is not competing with a major sport (or form of entertainment) it’s level of support, popularity and dare I say it... viability can be overestimated

To be fair, it’s a very low base...

It’s a bit like the BBL, when it has clear airtime and is not competing with a major sport (or form of entertainment) it’s level of support, popularity and dare I say it... viability can be overestimated

In other words, it is performing as designed...to fill in a down time in the calendar

Huge Hawthorn man.

???

1582008554623.png
Damian+Monkhorst+Max+Bailey+Hawthorn+Hawks+M2turJKP9CZl.jpg[img]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back