News Jeff Kennett to stand down at the end of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct. Jeff to Newbold was well planned, seamless and successful. It was Newbold whose departure seemed hasty without proper forward planning with an appropriate successor.
This exactly.
Very unimpressed with the way Newbold exited the club! The Richmond supporter Newbold couldn't wait to start his job with the AFL.
Bag Eddie as much as you like but at least he's a Pies supporter from birth & that passion & heart felt love for the club cant be generated short term.
Jeff was raised on the Hawks watching the games at Glenferrie- ingrained into to him!
Newbold & Garvey both supported other sides & in the position of Pres/chairman the true love for the club isn't there period.
Oh & to preempt the cynics here, if for example an ex player - say Dunstall was installed. Yes sure he barracked for Carlton I think as a kid.
But he played for us & bled brown & gold, so very safe to assume his fidelity is unquestionable.
Next President must be a Hawthorn person to the very heart & soul!

The best thing about Jeff, not only what he has done for the mighty Hawks but how he is never afraid to speak his mind, especially to the AFL... When most other Presidents who rely on handouts sit their tight lipped, Jeff never fails to deliver what most are thinking.

That is true. When anyone is looking for someone with courage to tell the AFL they're nuts, the media always turns to Jeff. Sometimes Eddie as well but not as often. Love him or hate him, without Jeff (and sometimes Eddie) there would be no one standing up to these crazy brainfarts the AFL seems to be bonused on regularly spewing.

That is true. When anyone is looking for someone with courage to tell the AFL they're nuts, the media always turns to Jeff. Sometimes Eddie as well but not as often. Love him or hate him, without Jeff (and sometimes Eddie) there would be no one standing up to these crazy brainfarts the AFL seems to be bonused on regularly spewing.
The best thing about Jeff, not only what he has done for the mighty Hawks but how he is never afraid to speak his mind, especially to the AFL... When most other Presidents who rely on handouts sit their tight lipped, Jeff never fails to deliver what most are thinking.
I wonder how many Sunday twilight games it cost us ?

I wonder how many Sunday twilight games it cost us ?

Maybe they tried to punish him into silence last year. Or maybe they tried to get us to shut up over Tasmania. How did that work for them? I, for one, would prefer our club always stand up to the AFL when the AFL is reaching peak stupid. Even when it costs us in the pocketbook because of the league's pettiness and spite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It just shows how petty the douche bags at AFL House actually are.
Now before the tin hat foil minions get all excited hear me out.
Look at the AFLW for an example & the 4 sides that have no sides in that comp.
I can see why Essendon have pissed them off still with the stigma of the supplements scandal maybe, but how do fledgling clubs like the Suns & GWS etc get in before them?
Port is a bit of a conundrum as I see Adelaide got in before them in the SA market. they probably wanted the Adelaide name there first as it stands for the whole city maybe.
This leads to the Swans though not having a side in before GWS? Surely they would prefer to have an AFLW side with Australia's biggest city next to its name in this comp. I think the egg Sydney put on their face when Franklin chose Sydney still irks them.
That leaves us & I do not care what anyone or body says the AFL will put roadblocks in place to hinder us at any opportunity & it's proven ten fold from many stand points ie fixturing, player movements, draft compo. etc etc.
The next President male or female has to have a set of brass nuts the size of WA to keep these corrupt cretins in check!

It just shows how petty the douche bags at AFL House actually are.
Now before the tin hat foil minions get all excited hear me out.
Look at the AFLW for an example & the 4 sides that have no sides in that comp.
I can see why Essendon have pissed them off still with the stigma of the supplements scandal maybe, but how do fledgling clubs like the Suns & GWS etc get in before them?
Port is a bit of a conundrum as I see Adelaide got in before them in the SA market. they probably wanted the Adelaide name there first as it stands for the whole city maybe.
This leads to the Swans though not having a side in before GWS? Surely they would prefer to have an AFLW side with Australia's biggest city next to its name in this comp. I think the egg Sydney put on their face when Franklin chose Sydney still irks them.
That leaves us & I do not care what anyone or body says the AFL will put roadblocks in place to hinder us at any opportunity & it's proven ten fold from many stand points ie fixturing, player movements, draft compo. etc etc.
The next President male or female has to have a set of brass nuts the size of WA to keep these corrupt cretins in check!
The only way for the Hawks to have power over the AFL is to draw massive crowds regularly
Then they will listen to their president

The only way for the Hawks to have power over the AFL is to draw massive crowds regularly
Then they will listen to their president
That"s almost impossible when we get the fixture we're continually given.
Look at all the times we get to play the bigger drawing clubs twice in a year.
Mate these fools can just manipulate the system any which way they want to impede us & yes it goes all the way back to "96 OK!

Mate these fools can just manipulate the system any which way they want to impede us & yes it goes all the way back to "96 OK!
Catch 22 you get the fixture because you dont have the fans turning up in numbers regularly

AFLs motivation is money and expansion to make more money

you can have an old man yell at the clouds all day it does nothing

Sali would have to be the front runner.
Although the Columbaris fiasco doesn't auger well for him.
I mean he got rich selling supplements which is an industry that has pretty much no value or real regulations.
Flight Centre got caught out. How many companies have been done for wage theft now?

It's an issue but most people won't remember it within 6 months let alone when it's time to vote at the AGM.

If he's picked by the club he will run unapposed and that will be that.

I mean he got rich selling supplements which is an industry that has pretty much no value or real regulations.
Flight Centre got caught out. How many companies have been done for wage theft now?

It's an issue but most people won't remember it within 6 months let alone when it's time to vote at the AGM.

If he's picked by the club he will run unapposed and that will be that.
Agree. He's my tip actually.

Even more credit to Hawthorn on how well we do financially and always make a profit when our fixture is manipulated by the AFL another reason we can't let go of our pokies yet.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back