Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Or we take him at 6 in the draft. Game glitch. lulz
It would be interesting if Geelong got to pick 6 and there is a draftee they wanted but didn't think they could get, would they really want to use that pick on Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realize you'll need to pay De Goey a decent salary, right? From what I've heard, with Pendles and Grundy, plus De Goey and then Moore, you guys are at bursting point. Doesn't matter if you chop a whole bunch of dead wood, because their salary is insignificant in the scheme of things anyway - as you still need to replace them with other draftees/trades/FA's etc.

All of these guys would be on over 300K, some around 800K-1 MIL:

- Sidebottom
- Treloar
- Pendles
- Grundy
- Adams
- Beams (still part of your salary cap)
- Cox
- Mayne
- Elliot
- Howe

These 3 guys would command more than 500K (some close to 1 MIL from clubs like North for De Goey):

- Moore
- Crisp
- De Goey

Then you've got to look at young draftees like Quaynor, Daicos and Stephenson, who would want a nice increase in their next contract.

Grundy was where all your Lynch money went, and now I'd say you're at the point where there'll be no big names you're chasing. Rather, you'll be looking at holding onto your big names, so that other clubs don't poach them
Yes you've analyzed all of our top earners, it's like we only have 10 players on each list right?...

With our structure, the thing is that while we have some top earners, we also have an extraordinary number of C grade list cloggers on senior salary, all of which have their contracts expiring this year. If we're not over cap this year, then you tell me if we can fit in Cameron or not after removing contracts of 7+ senior players. We probably only need to get rid of 2-3 of them to get Cameron

Even from your list, only Pendlebury, Grundy, De Goey and maybe Moore are 800k +, which isn't even that many compared to other teams. Treloar, Sidebottom and Adams all opted for longer but lower salary deals in the 650k - 750k range. Howe and Crisp weren't superstars when they signed their deals either, they wouldn't be on top $

Last edited:
Yes you've analyzed a total of like 10 players from our list lol...

With our structure, the thing is that while we have some top earners, we also have an extraordinary number of C grade list cloggers on senior salary, all of which have their contracts expiring this year. If we're not over cap this year, then you tell me if we can fit in Cameron or not after removing contracts of 7+ senior players.

I already analyzed this on the previous page, as a follow up to the first post, lol. The difference is, if 7 senior players retire, that salary is then going to De Goey and Moore. You still need another million on top of what you need to pay De Goey and Moore, to get Cameron. That's where your salary cap will go. If you let De Goey go, then as I said, that's another story.

This is an article from earlier this year, where Ned Guy said, and I quote: 'we'll find a way to keep them.' Does that sound like a statement from a list manager who thinks they have a mil spare to splash around?

I already analyzed this on the previous page, as a follow up to the first post, lol. The difference is, if 7 senior players retire, that salary is then going to De Goey and Moore. You still need another million on top of what you need to pay De Goey and Moore, to get Cameron. That's where your salary cap will go. If you let De Goey go, then as I said, that's another story
Wait i can't tell if ur joking.

You realise that De Goey was already on like 800k from his preivous contract right? So we're only talking about a 100k increase here...

Moore might get a 250k increase (he's cashing in 2 years, hence the 2 year extension)

Both Moore and De Goey combined would cost us the salary of 1 senior player... We have like 8 (Dunn, Varcoe, Reid, Broomhead, Wills, Madgen, Lynch, Scharenberg), all expiring contracts this year. Scharenberg alone even conservatively would probably be in the 350k - 500k range, as he was a contested bid when he signed. That doesn't even include the settlement we might get for Beams to alleviate cap, potentially Mihocek/Elliot leaving...

We also don't even need to replace some of these senior players with rookies with decreasing list sizes. You're dreaming if you think we are out of the Cameron race because we have an impossible cap and you don't.

Wait i can't tell if ur joking.

You realise that De Goey was already on like 800k from his preivous contract right? So we're only talking about a 100k increase here...

Moore might get a 250k increase (he's cashing in 2 years, hence the 2 year extension)

Both Moore and De Goey combined would cost us the salary of 1 senior player... We have like 8 (Dunn, Varcoe, Reid, Broomhead, Wills, Madgen, Lynch, Scharenberg), all expiring contracts this year. That doesn't even include the settlement we might get for Beams to alleviate cap, potentially Mihocek/Elliot leaving...

We also don't even need to replace some of these senior players with rookies with decreasing list sizes. You're dreaming if you think we are out of the Cameron race because we have an impossible cap and you don't.

Rightio... I'm just going to end this here, because we're clearly at an impasse. Way too far apart

You also trade your future second round pick for Collingwoods 2020 2nd and 3rd.
We need those for McInness. We’re in the same situation as the Dogs, albeit to a lesser degree.

I already analyzed this on the previous page, as a follow up to the first post, lol. The difference is, if 7 senior players retire, that salary is then going to De Goey and Moore. You still need another million on top of what you need to pay De Goey and Moore, to get Cameron. That's where your salary cap will go. If you let De Goey go, then as I said, that's another story.

This is an article from earlier this year, where Ned Guy said, and I quote: 'we'll find a way to keep them.' Does that sound like a statement from a list manager who thinks they have a mil spare to splash around?

You really think a list manager is going to show all his cards and state how much spare cash the club can generate in their cap at the end of a season?

Again so many experts here on Collingwoods salary cap. He will become a Pie IF he chooses to leave and wants to be....simple.

He wants to stay and also wants coin. Only reason he leaves is a sizeable difference in the payments between our offer, which isn’t chump change, and the offer from the other club.

Not an expert in the cap, about as much as everyone is on ours.

But you would have to say you are pretty close to our levels of spending. Which means I don’t see a way of meeting his payments to make him want to leave.

Wow there’s suddenly a lot of Geelong supporters who are experts on Collingwoods salary cap here. Nervous, are we gents?

Lol I couldn't care less. We've been linked to all and sundry, so if we miss out on Cameron, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. We won't compromise our culture and pay structure just to get a player in, so if he wants the highest bidder, it won't be us. I was merely pointing out, that it won't be you guys either, lol. Even your own list manager thinks it'll be tight trying to retain Moore and De Goey, let alone getting Cameron as well. But hell, believe whatever you want to believe, it's just a footy forum.

You really think a list manager is going to show all his cards and state how much spare cash the club can generate in their cap at the end of a season?

Ah yes, so it's now a grand conspiracy, all to facilitate your own point of view. I think that if your list manager says something pretty candidly, that I'm going to trust that over the word of some no name big footy person, lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again so many experts here on Collingwoods salary cap. He will become a Pie IF he chooses to leave and wants to be....simple.

Lol only if they let go of at least one of De Goey or Moore.

The Jamie Elliott and Dayne Beam contracts are killers for the Pies, granted they will pay Beams out, but it still comes out of the cap.

Also if he does leave, Giants will match, therefore a trade will have to be made, Collingwood simply do not have the trade assets aka draft picks to satisfy the Giants.

I honestly think Jezza stays, but if he does leave, it will be for Geelong. The Cats have the cap space and a trove of draft picks to get a deal done.

Not an expert at all, lol. It's widely available knowledge, and pretty basic too. You have too many stars on big money, and too many that need to be recontracted on big money, to have anything left for someone like Cameron. I was also pretty conservative in saying 'over 300K', when it's more likely that Beams, Treloar, Adams and Sidebottom are all on more than 600K. Then add in Pendles and his reported 900K, Grundy's million, and the asking market price of De Goey and Moore, and you're already at bursting point lol. It's pretty basic math
Treloars on about $750000

The Jamie Elliott and Dayne Beam contracts are killers for the Pies, granted they will pay Beams out, but it still comes out of the cap.

Also if he does leave, Giants will match, therefore a trade will have to be made, Collingwood simply do not have the trade assets aka draft picks to satisfy the Giants.

I honestly think Jezza stays, but if he does leave, it will be for Geelong. The Cats have the cap space and a trove of draft picks to get a deal done.
And another expert..And the Cats have the cap space.....heard it all now...😭😂.

You go into deficit.

Select 2x 1st round picks next year, and then use 2nd/3rd round picks this year/next to pay it back

But the deficit gets applied to next year's R1 which defeats the purpose of the trade.

Don’t tell me a bluuuesers supporter is getting involved???? 😂😂😂
Don’t u have enough to worry about?
If I was you’d I’d be pondering about your next rebuild that starts in 2022.

Without being emotive, here are the figures that are widely known, have been quoted by Pies and Giants posters, or were projected by Pies posters themselves:

12.6 MIL Salary Cap:

- Grundy: 1 MIL
- Pendlebury: 900K
- De Goey: 900K
- Moore: 800K
- Treloar: 750K
- Beams: 700K (to be paid out)
- Adams: 600K+
- Sidebottom: 600K+
- Cox: 550K
- Mayne 500K
- Elliot: 400K+
- Howe: 400K+

That's 8.05 MIL, which leaves 4.55 MIL for around 35 players.

If you then take away Mayne and Beams from that list in your 2021 salary cap, then it's 6.85 MIL. That leaves 5.75 MIL for 33 players.

If you divide 5.75 MIL by 33 you get 174,242 per player. That basically means you can't afford to pay any player outside of those listed, any more than around 175K.

If you then add Cameron in on 1 MIL per year, you now only have 4.75 MIL for the remaining 32 players, which leaves you with 148,437 for each player.

Considering that a rookie list contract is around 80K, a senior spot 120K+, and any Best 22 player 200K plus due to match day payments, how exactly are you affording this?

Again, I don't think we're getting Cameron, but I've laid out in clear terms and figures, why Collingwood won't either.

Even if you change some of the figures for the Top 10 best paid, it doesn't change just how much extra you need to not just afford Cameron, but also keep players in your Best 22.

Again, no emotion invested, just clear figures illustrating how it doesn't seem plausible. If any of these figures are wrong, wildly speculative, or outrageous, then let me know. Otherwise, the aforementioned shows that Collingwood cannot afford Cameron, without giving someone else up.

Without being emotive, here are the figures that are widely known, have been quoted by Pies and Giants posters, or were projected by Pies posters themselves:

12.6 MIL Salary Cap:

- Grundy: 1 MIL
- Pendlebury: 900K
- De Goey: 900K
- Moore: 800K
- Treloar: 750K
- Beams: 700K (to be paid out)
- Adams: 600K+
- Sidebottom: 600K+
- Cox: 550K
- Mayne 500K
- Elliot: 400K+
- Howe: 400K+

That's 8.05 MIL, which leaves 4.55 MIL for around 35 players.

If you then take away Mayne and Beams from that list in your 2021 salary cap, then it's 6.85 MIL. That leaves 5.75 MIL for 33 players.

If you divide 5.75 MIL by 33 you get 174,242 per player. That's basically means you can't afford to pay any player outside of thise listed, any more than around 175K.

If you then add Cameron in on 1 MIL per year, you now only have 4.75 MIL for the remaining 33 players, which leaves you with 143,939 for each player.

Considering that a rookie list contract is around 80K, a senior spot 120K+, and any Best 22 player 200K plus due to match day payments, how exactly are you affording this?

Again, I don't think were getting Cameron, but I've laid out in clear terms and figures, why Collingwood won't either.

Even if you change some of the figures for the Top 10 best paid, it doesn't change just how much extra you need to not just afford Cameron, but also keep players in your Best 22.

Again, no emotion invested, just clear figures illustrating how it doesn't seem plausible. If any of these figures are wrong, wildly speculative, or outrageous, then let me know. Otherwise, the aforementioned shows that Collingwood cannot afford Cameron, without giving someone else up.

Mayne is already signed for next year. Beams will go (payout still counts under the cap though) as will Reid and Varcoe. I agree with your overall premise though.

Back