Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Or we take him at 6 in the draft. Game glitch. lulz
It would be interesting if Geelong got to pick 6 and there is a draftee they wanted but didn't think they could get, would they really want to use that pick on Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Classic BF...just a place for bored people with no lives to somehow feel like they've 'won' something, by another club that isn't theirs getting 'bent over.'

I wonder, how many of you are actually taking genuine pleasure out of this, rather than celebrating Halloween with your kids, hanging with your partner/housemate/friend, or even working/studying, god forbid.

It's really sad just how big this pile on is, when we're not even the top team in the comp anymore.

The deal will get done, and everyone will be unhappy. I love a BF pile on as much as the next person, but for there to be 17 other clubs who have benefited from FA (including the perennial champs in Richmond right now who benefited from getting Lynch for free) driving the nail in - is just odd.

We're really not that good lol. We might pinch a flag, but it's not like getting Cameron in 07-11.

We'll probably give up an extra first and maybe a fringe player - as most reasonable GWS and Cats posters have agreed on as a trade scenario, from the start. Will be fascinating to see how this situation plays on, but living vicariously through Geelong's supposed misery, has just reached peak levels on BF now.

Enjoy :)

Free agency in any form is completely unnecessary. When was the last time an uncontracted player didn’t get to where they wanted? Hell, a lot of contracted players get to another club whilst still under contract.

The thing is, if you get rid of FA Compo, and battling club's keeping pillaged for star players without compo, we would see even more inequity and calls for the return of the old Priority Draft Pick system.

The thing is, if you get rid of FA Compo, and battling club's keeping pillaged for star players without compo, we would see even more inequity and calls for the return of the old Priority Draft Pick system.
If free agency goes altogether then everyone gets traded for closer to their true worth than the compo pick anyway. Free agency has no benefit for the players who get to where they want uncontracted anyway. Its only seen by clubs “in the window” as a free hit at a player that they want.

I have a feeling that this is something like it will end up, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if Ratugolea is the steak knives. He couldn’t make the side without Cameron. Next to no chance he makes it with Cameron. He needs a new home.

I would willingly trade rata for cameron.
But look at it-hawkins jenkins stanley henderson etc are all 30 or over. Himmelberg riccardi finlayson preuss briggs flynn etc are all early to mid 20s. Do you really think he thinks he will get more opportunities there? If gws can convince him to go all good but i doubt they can.

I would willingly trade rata for cameron.
But look at it-hawkins jenkins stanley henderson etc are all 30 or over. Himmelberg riccardi finlayson preuss briggs flynn etc are all early to mid 20s. Do you really think he thinks he will get more opportunities there? If gws can convince him to go all good but i doubt they can.
GWS may not be the right home for him but unless the cats have injuries, its hard to see him getting a game. Perhaps another club would be best for him unless he is very patient to wait 2 years for Hawkins to finish?

Classic BF...just a place for bored people with no lives to somehow feel like they've 'won' something, by another club that isn't theirs getting 'bent over.'

I wonder, how many of you are actually taking genuine pleasure out of this, rather than celebrating Halloween with your kids, hanging with your partner/housemate/friend, or even working/studying, god forbid.

It's really sad just how big this pile on is, when we're not even the top team in the comp anymore.

The deal will get done, and everyone will be unhappy. I love a BF pile on as much as the next person, but for there to be 17 other clubs who have benefited from FA (including the perennial champs in Richmond right now who benefited from getting Lynch for free) driving the nail in - is just odd.

We're really not that good lol. We might pinch a flag, but it's not like getting Cameron in 07-11.

We'll probably give up an extra first and maybe a fringe player - as most reasonable GWS and Cats posters have agreed on as a trade scenario, from the start. Will be fascinating to see how this situation plays on, but living vicariously through Geelong's supposed misery, has just reached peak levels on BF now.

Fair sook this.

You're very salty.

Nice to see you're already backing down on the original demands of 2x top 10 picks + a player. The Dangerfield trade is the precedent here, 1 first, 1 second and a player of Dean Gore's calibre for Cameron + a future 3rd
Dangerfield was the year before you could trade future picks. If future pick trading was allowable it would have been two firsts PLUS. Trading values have moved a fair bit since the homesick for Mogg's Creek days.

Your first rounders are not looking that good now, might need more than two of them

fu** off Geelong you have three first round picks, use two of them. Don't be greedy kents.

Worst case scenario here is we traded tim kelly for jeremy cameron. Not too bad really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so that's like pick 16 this year + pick 15 ish next year?

How is that even an upgrade on pick 10 via compo
It's pick 12 compo, Crouch at 2 needs to be factored in and GWS already hold 10/11 so it's 12 they would add to their hand. Two mid/late teen picks are worth more than one pick 12 in this years crap shoot, plus it weakens a rival the Cats draft hand

Dangerfield was the year before you could trade future picks. If future pick trading was allowable it would have been two firsts PLUS. Trading values have moved a fair bit since the homesick for Mogg's Creek days.

Your first rounders are not looking that good now, might need more than two of them
Wrong. Geelong traded their future first that year for Lachie Henderson

Hopefully with GWS matching the offer he stays.

If he still wishes to leave then the Giants should be playing hardball and asking for all 3 of Geelong's 1st Round Selections with a 2nd heading back.

If they lose him it's essentially game over and start again.

No ifs or buts about it, they can't let him leave.

If that's how you feel why are using your precious time to lecture us? :think:

If he still wishes to leave then the Giants should be playing hardball and asking for all 3 of Geelong's 1st Round Selections with a 2nd heading back.

The Greatest Western Soviet Union?

Yes I'm loving it, bored at home because I've got no friends, shall I have another w*nk or pile into the Cats a bit more?

I'm only loving it because of the Cats posters being smug about snaring all these FREE agents and keeping all their draft picks and lording it over GWS who can't possibly afford to match our offer, we are so good at GFC! Well now it gets a bit tougher for Geelong to land Cameron, most non Cats supporters are on the GWS side.

It’s not the end of the world that he is going to Geelong. Settle.

But we are going to try and get the best result for the club with regard to any players and picks.

Back