Free Agency Joe Daniher [RFA to Brisbane for 1st round compensation pick]

Going or staying?

• going

Votes: 166 91.2%
  • staying

Votes: 16 8.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Your idea of a melt reminds me of your IQ and the amount of years Dodobird has been at the helm of your list!🤛
Fist bump?
C’mon, don’t leave old cc hangin’ bro!🤛
Let’s do this🤛, ahhh, never mind, ackchually, that reminds me of a song....English band, had a big hit when they stole a loop from a bloke that wrote some classical music to a Stones tune, that wasn’t the song though, wait......fist bump?

Bittersweet Symphony

Hard to see why Essendon fans are so smug about having a former best and fairest, all Australian, son of a club legend walk out the door because he can’t stand the joint all because the AFL have gifted them pick 7 so that Dodo can pick the next Aaron Francis or Scott Gumbleton.

Probably because of all the sooky posts like yours whining about why you didn’t get the same for player x.

Great retort, no actual argument confirms it..... $800K p.a.

I’ve made plenty of arguments. I am not going to repeat them all over again just because you decide to post about what you “think” and apparently what I “want to believe”.

You are welcome to use the search function.

The melt from the opposition supporters is brilliant.

Yes we turned down a good offer and backed ourselves in to turn him around. Ended up trying to do it during the shittest year on record, couldn't have predicted that.

Now we walk away with pick 7 for an injury riddled forward and pass on the burden to another club. Every Essendon supporter is stoked and the rest of you can GAGF!

You just got lucky...even most Essendon supporters are surprised to get pick 7.

But was a bad choice to turn down what could have been pick 9 and 3. But you go on being happy with how your club is going.

Salted Roo for dinner?
Coming from a club who can only attract guys like Polec even after offering every out of contract player way overs.
Why would I be salty? Have never rated him. He has done little, and if it wasn’t for his family name would have been delisted years ago. 15 games in three years tells me everything I need to know.

This is my opinion campaigner, who/what I support does not reflect the NMFC’s position.

Enjoy your toy boy, if he lasts the distance of his contract and you get %75 of the games you are paying him for, you will be doing well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would I be salty? Have never rated him. He has done little, and if it wasn’t for his family name would have been delisted years ago. 15 games in three years tells me everything I need to know.

This is my opinion campaigner, who/what I support does not reflect the NMFC’s position.

Enjoy your toy boy, if he lasts the distance of his contract and you get %75 of the games you are paying him for, you will be doing well.
Would have been delisted years ago? What, fresh off AA selection?

Why would I be salty? Have never rated him. He has done little, and if it wasn’t for his family name would have been delisted years ago.

Delisted years ago? Pretend his last name is Jones for a minute.

Tell me how exactly many years ago you think he should have been delisted?

2014 (2nd year kpp). Kicked 28 goals including 4 in a final (vs your mob)

2015 (third year kpp) kicked 34 goals

2016 (fourth year kpp) kicked 43 goals

2017 - 65 goals, All Australian, Essendon best and fairest.

2018-2019 - injury problems, averaged over a goal a game when playing.

So, as you said... he should have been delisted years ago if it weren’t for nepotism. Tell me exactly when you would have pulled the plug?

Essendon fans are all frothing at pick 7 and don't see Dodo getting that much
heat...

It’s wasted breath, half our board want him drawn and quartered. Can’t do s**t about it when he has all the powerful people at the club on his side. Like screaming into the void.

Good luck to Essendon getting band 1 for him

However, clearly there is an issue with compensation when $2.5m over 3 years is able to get the same band as a $10m over 9 year contract
I think you guys made the mistake of not being a laughing stock the year he decided to leave.

If you’d finished second last the year Buddy left they probably would have given you pick two instead of pick 19.

I think I would still take pick 3 and 9 over pick7 mate 😃

Good on you hindsight hero, I guess this makes you a genius.

I totally would have preferred pick 7... said which Essendon supporter?? No one.

Obviously we should have taken the deal last year but we didn't. That's history.

The point that you nuffies don't seem to get is that with the circumstances as they sit right now, pick 7 is a great result.

Back