Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't have the self-discipline not to attack other posters and derail the thread with crap every other time you post, thread bans will be applied.

Mods are not here to babysit.

Reporting bad posts instead of replying to them would also be extremely helpful if you wish to continue posting here.

He will win our BnF this year and came 2nd to Bont a top 3 player in the comp in 2019 how is he that much different to Neale when you got him?
I'm not saying he isn't. I'm saying we will pay the most we can for him. I dare say if we had a pick 6 or what not we would be putting it up.

He will win our BnF this year and came 2nd to Bont a top 3 player in the comp in 2019 how is he that much different to Neale when you got him?
i would have his value at about neale's when we got him

only differentiating factor is dunkley being out of contract

definitely worth stumping up for. think he is an aa quality player

i would have his value at about neale's when we got him

only differentiating factor is dunkley being out of contract

definitely worth stumping up for. think he is an aa quality player
Agreed which is why it's 2 teens picks not 6 and teens

No, I was walking and typing on my phone and couldn't be *ed editing it.
But it's good to see you make fun of people with strokes I expect nothing less from you.
You call it making fun of, I call it awareness.

Can someone please explain how this draft picks thing goes.
I was listening to SEN about Ashcroft ….. that he will be bid on at pick#1 , apparently in order to match that #1 pick all of their points for this draft will be used up.
Apparently there is another F/S pick Jaspa Fletcher that Brisbane want so in order to acquire him they would need to go into debit for 2023.
If free agent McStay goes to Collingwood there would be a compensation pick (probably between 30-40) …. but apparently Brisbane is into Gunston as a free agent so there would be no compensation given.
So …… unless Brisbane can trade significant players in order to get “something“ how is it feasible to get the 2nd F/S pick never mind Josh Dunkley through the door.
Yes…. Dunkley is out of contract but that means little in practical terms, I mean there are probably at least 2 Clubs that would match or better the Brisbane offer if he went to the PSD long before Brisbanes’ pick.
So has anyone got a real idea 💡 ????

I was listening to SEN about Ashcroft ….. that he will be bid on at pick#1 , apparently in order to match that #1 pick all of their points for this draft will be used up.
Apparently there is another F/S pick Jaspa Fletcher that Brisbane want so in order to acquire him they would need to go into debit for 2023.
If free agent McStay goes to Collingwood there would be a compensation pick (probably between 30-40) …. but apparently Brisbane is into Gunston as a free agent so there would be no compensation given.
So …… unless Brisbane can trade significant players in order to get “something“ how is it feasible to get the 2nd F/S pick never mind Josh Dunkley through the door.
Yes…. Dunkley is out of contract but that means little in practical terms, I mean there are probably at least 2 Clubs that would match or better the Brisbane offer if he went to the PSD long before Brisbanes’ pick.
The afl will give them picks

Read back over this thread, it has been explained multiple times how, this deal along with Ashcroft and Fletcher will get done easily.

NO - and neither has Brisbane!

1. Future picks and current picks
2. Lions can trade picks or players for Gunston so it doesnt affect their compo for McStay
3. Trading out players
4. Packaging up picks
5. Lester compensation
6. Going into deficit.

There are options.

Last edited:
Interesting that most of the chat centres around picks.

I've got absolutely zero percent interest in picks, UNLESS they can be directly on traded to get a ready made player. To me, all the haggling over one or two firsts is moot. I want mature players, preferably defenders. Unless we can turn Dunks into that, then the picks aren't worth it.

Unless there is a player and a deal in mind, I'd flat out knock back all picks

You make it sound like you have a say in the matter.

1. Future picks and current picks
2. Lions can trade picks or players for Gunston so it doesnt affect their compo for McStay
3. Trading out players
4. Packaging up picks
5. Lester compensation
6. Going into deficit.

There are options.
Ryan Lester is 100% absolutely untouchable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I was walking and typing on my phone and couldn't be *ed editing it.
But it's good to see you make fun of people with strokes I expect nothing less from you.

Can you explain your avatar. What is coming out of his ears and over his eyes?

Welcome to 4 weeks ago.

Little salty?

Explain to the populous why you think this is a factor?

Given he’s out of contract there are three options.

1. He is acquired via trade
  2. He re-signs with his existing club
  3. He goes through the pre-season draft

Only one of these options result in him going to Brisbane. If you think he’s making it past North, Essendon, heck even us again, to make it to Brisbane via the preseason draft you’re delusional.
Pretty sure he can still nominate for the national draft, where he would Be more likely to get to his preferred destination. I think Collingwood did it with Luke Ball. Not that I am advocating for that, just sayin

Cheers. I just had a search and couldn’t find any clear examples. I probably searched poorly or something.
Most seem to revolve around Brisbane’s need for points this year. Brisbanes first this year and next year for Dunkley and points coming back to use on Ashcroft. Potential McStay/Gardiner compo could also come into play.

Most seem to revolve around Brisbane’s need for points this year. Brisbanes first this year and next year for Dunkley and points coming back to use on Ashcroft. Potential McStay/Gardiner compo could also come into play.

Cheers.

My guess was that Dunkley is trade for two firsts and stuff back.

Ashcroft is paid for with maybe 3 second rounders this year. Or 4 if they can go in with that many open list spots.

Then fletcher can be paid by going into deficit with their future 2nd and 3rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back