Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't have the self-discipline not to attack other posters and derail the thread with crap every other time you post, thread bans will be applied.

Mods are not here to babysit.

Reporting bad posts instead of replying to them would also be extremely helpful if you wish to continue posting here.

I doubt it. Would very much doubt a club would agree to a 5 year, 700k contract for a player that doesn’t even want to be in their state, let alone their club. Gold Coast would be the larger threat but they have just dug themselves out of salary cap hell and have enough issues with players that aren’t 100 percent invested.

Why didn’t Melbourne take the free hit at Jack Martin in the PSD?

I’d be pretty happy to bet on it btw, but we’re never going to find out because the trade will get done.
Let's say North take him with pick 1 in the PSD either one of two things happen:

• He stays with us and we land a BnF winner for the long term
  • He requests a trade first year meaning we'll probably generate at least a first round pick for 700k in one year which we seem to have the cap space for considering we were in the running for Bowes.

Melbourne didn't take the free hit with Jack Martin because Carlton heavily front-ended the contract to the point Melbourne weren't willing to match

It's all probably wishful thinking anyways.

Agree to disagree!

Melbourne could have done exactly the same with Jack Martin… they didn’t.

North have also literally made an explicit statement that their focus is building a club culture based on looking after the players that want to be there and getting rid of the rest.

Forcing Dunkley to go there against his will would look pretty silly.
What would look even sillier though is losing someone like Dunkley due to digging in heels about getting picks back

There is no PSD threat if a trade of Dunkley’s quality is offered

What would look even sillier though is losing someone like Dunkley due to digging in heels about getting picks back

The Dockers are keen for a first-round pick if they are to release Lobb, while the Dogs have presented a second-round pick and other pick swaps.” (Cal Twomey)

What would look even, even sillier would be losing compensation for Dunkley AND missing out on Lobb because Freo insist on a package built around pick 21 😆

The Dockers are keen for a first-round pick if they are to release Lobb, while the Dogs have presented a second-round pick and other pick swaps.” (Cal Twomey)

What would look even, even sillier would be losing compensation for Dunkley AND missing out on Lobb because Freo insist on a package built around pick 21 😆
Dogs not getting Lobb isn’t even comparable to Lions not getting Dunkley.

Dunkley is an A grade mid and you are haggling over picks coming back.

I’d offer 4 and 22 for Dunks and 11.

May be you guys should jump in. If the deal looks fair from Essendon and Dogs perspective, you should try and convince Dunkley. After all, he's changed his mind before - you could sway him again by adding more $$ on top.

Simple question.

If the f1 + 21 is in play, why do the lions need 39 back. Are they short of points ?

39 I believe gives us first 5 picks to cover 2400 points.

If GWS does bid on Ashcroft at pick 1, we'll be covered this way using picks from this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure.

Can you make the deal better?

It’s massive unders.

You need to trade a player.

Yep, you can take Lyons from us as your Mundy replacement. Then you can trade Lobb to Dogs as a straight swap.

Lyons for Lobb. can you please do the right thing now and let Lobb go to Dogs?

Imagine having an A grade mid nominate you and not being able to get the deal done

A grade mid who's the 4th banana in Dogs midfield (according to many Dogs posters).

Shudder to think what the first 3 bananas will cost in a trade.

A grade mid who won our B&F. Might suggest he has some ability.

C'mon man, if the rest of your midfield stunk it up so a 4th banana managed to win BnF - it can't be the other club's problem.

We're not going to lose him. A deal will be done. You don't get a player of that level of talent nominate you and then not make it work and Brisbane have a pretty lengthy history now of getting these deals done over the past 5 or so years.

I do think however that people need to realise that negotiations are just that and in any big deal will take time and back and forth. Now there's a layer of complexity for us having to juggle another objective in the same timeframe. But let's not try to confuse taking time to get a deal done and negotiating the best outcome we can with we're being difficult for the sake of it. These are people who are literally paid to do this professionally. Is absolutely on them to do their job as best they can and they've got a window to do it in.

It will get done, Brisbane have a track record of doing so by the end of trade period

We're not going to lose him. A deal will be done. You don't get a player of that level of talent nominate you and then not make it work and Brisbane have a pretty lengthy history now of getting these deals done over the past 5 or so years.

I do think however that people need to realise that negotiations are just that and in any big deal will take time and back and forth. Now there's a layer of complexity for us having to juggle another objective in the same timeframe. But let's not try to confuse taking time to get a deal done and negotiating the best outcome we can with we're being difficult for the sake of it. These are people who are literally paid to do this professionally. Is absolutely on them to do their job as best they can and they've got a window to do it in.

It will get done, Brisbane have a track record of doing so by the end of trade period
No doubt

I think almost every supporter though would agree 21 & F1 for Dunkley & 39 is unreasonable. No list manager is accepting that.

I get it’s part of your bargaining position, but for people to suggest it’s Power/ the Bulldogs holding up the trade is a bit rich when the offer is quite away from being acceptable.

Thing is isn’t that exactly what the Dogs would be doing by sending him to the PSD?
You guys are the ones that chased him though. If it was just 21 & F1 you were offering, ok I’d accept people saying we are being difficult even though it’s still unders. But wanting 39 added really demonstrates that you guys are the ones causing the delay.

With 99% certainty Dunkley deal doesn't get done.

Won't be surprised to be honest. He's kept trying to get out and Dogs must've had enough of this drama. They might as well drop him in the open and watch him squirm through ND and PSD. They got good discount in recent drafts in Jamarra and Darcy, it's not like they have been dealt a bad hand year after year.

You guys are the ones that chased him though. If it was just 21 & F1 you were offering, ok I’d accept people saying we are being difficult even though it’s still unders. But wanting 39 added really demonstrates that you guys are the ones causing the delay.
I'd hand over 39 & 69 (which would slide up due to bid matching), giving Brisbane extra points.
Brisbane hand over pick 21, F1 & F2 late in the day so we work on a Lobb deal independent of Brisbane picks (and keep 21 to take it to draft)

Then we all get to death ride every result between now and next September.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back