Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

One more thing I like about this kid that I think is understated - he doesn’t lairise with the ball. His foot skills are elite but he seems to also be choosing the right options nearly every time. Rarely does any of his disposal go to waste.

The closest in terms of stature, skills and traits makes me think of someone like Butters from Port. Economical, no-nonsense, highly talented players. I really love watching Butters go at it, and now thank goodness Rachele has come along to fill the Crows void!

I missed the first 5 minutes or so did I miss it?
It wasn't mentioned in the beginning of the show. Usually at the end. Unfortunately I havent seen the end of the show. I was also pissed off at On The Couch. There was no mention of the AFLW final. Nothing. And this from a compere who absolutely carried on and on and on when Melbourne won their final. He should know what it means to give the girls the accolades they deserved. I guess it simply wasn't a Vic team that won or maybe its just the Crows

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You did see the treatment Devon Smith gave him while sitting on top of him which led to the retaliation?

Absolutely. If his response is one that falls just short of a suspendable offence, some may say that is the perfect response.

Hopefully they don't.

You need a few pricks in the team to be successful and it was in retaliation to something else.

No issues from me.

If he does that ever ytime he gets a bit of treatment he will be missing lots of games - he is painting a huge target on his back.

The opposition will target him knowing he will react and give away a free (and possible suspension).

He needs to retaliate in other ways, rub the guy into the dirt after a tackle, a brutal spoil etc. Cheap shots off the ball is not the answer.

But good on the lad for his nomination, isn't it great to see a first rounder look like an actual first rounder in his first year with us.

And Smith hammed it up as well. Did you see the look of disgust/disbelief on Rachele’s face with Smiths reaction

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What else could you expect from someone named after a sausage made out of pigs lips and buttholes?

So glad we picked him. Love the way he gets separation in the forward line. Could have kicked 3 more. Reckon he'll kick 7 or 8 in a game sometime this season.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's definitely a goal kicking machine, 3 goals in each of the trials, 5 in round one, 3 on the weekend plus he apparently kicked a bag in the internal trial too. Sitting equal 5th in the Coleman.

If he does that ever ytime he gets a bit of treatment he will be missing lots of games - he is painting a huge target on his back.

The opposition will target him knowing he will react and give away a free (and possible suspension).

He needs to retaliate in other ways, rub the guy into the dirt after a tackle, a brutal spoil etc. Cheap shots off the ball is not the answer.

But good on the lad for his nomination, isn't it great to see a first rounder look like an actual first rounder in his first year with us.

Or the rest of the team needs to spread the load and stand up for him.

If we insist on constantly carrying generic low talent try-er types then the least they can do is cop a week every now and then to belt people roughing up our young elites.

McHenry did a quick snap for goal on Sunday that went OOF and probably would have missed 2 sets of goals. Compare that to Rachelle so far this year and the contrast in goal sense is stark. Will be one of those players like Dusty and Danger where coaches will have a headache of whether to play them forward or midfield. The best possible headache im sure

McHenry did a quick snap for goal on Sunday that went OOF and probably would have missed 2 sets of goals. Compare that to Rachelle so far this year and the contrast in goal sense is stark. Will be one of those players like Dusty and Danger where coaches will have a headache of whether to play them forward or midfield. The best possible headache im sure
If you tried to do what McHenry did you would struggle to miss the goals by that much. This is not a first year player and yet he seems to be first picked in Nick's team. I don't know what went through his mind to do what he did but you don't need players who s**t the bed in a home and away match. Can you imagine a final?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back