Kicking out.

Remove this Banner Ad

C056E8C3-9DA7-4F48-992B-D19AB0ADAF29.jpeg

This is OPs post in a Walsh v Daicos thread, purely a troll against Nick Daicos.

Agreed, this bloke needs a few days off BF. Absolute troll with anything to do with Collingwood

What about inside 50s directly resulting from a kick in? Or goals resulting from kick-ins? For some, it’s a weapon. For others, it’s simply a donkey kick out of defense.

He kicked in more than three times not that it matters.

Pettracca Oliver Danger and so on don’t kick in turns a 30 stat game to 40.
Most of Oliver’s ‘kicks’ are just a ‘kick and hope’. There’s a reason why Melbourne wouldn’t give him the responsibility to kick in. It would more than likely result in the opposition kicking a goal.

A kick is a kick

Not if you kick it from inside the little box in the goal square. Seems silly to count it if you step over the line, but not if you don't. Can usually tell those players who know fantasy rules because they make sure they step over the little line then kick it,

Should playing on from fullback count as a stat? Pretty simple I think definitely not.
FYI

Top 10 who have played on from kick outs over 6 rounds

J Ziebell - NM - 36
I Cumming - GWS - 35
N Vlaustin - Rich - 30
J Sinclair - St K - 29
S Hurn - WCE - 29
L Ryan - Frem - 27
N Wanganeen - St K - 27
N Blakey - Syd - 27
J Ridley - Ess - 26
L Weller - GC - 25

Daicos has 22 over 6 rounds at an ave of 3.66 a game.
Daicos has had 220 disposals over 6 rounds at an ave of 36.66 a game. He’s stats a barely inflated by kick outs!

FYI

Top 10 who have played on from kick outs over 6 rounds

J Ziebell - NM - 36
I Cumming - GWS - 35
N Vlaustin - Rich - 30
J Sinclair - St K - 29
S Hurn - WCE - 29
L Ryan - Frem - 27
N Wanganeen - St K - 27
N Blakey - Syd - 27
J Ridley - Ess - 26
L Weller - GC - 25

Daicos has 22 over 6 rounds at an ave of 3.66 a game.
Daicos has had 220 disposals over 6 rounds at an ave of 36.66 a game. He’s stats a barely inflated by kick outs!
Ablett senior took a kick in once when he played for the Hawks, everything he did afterwards must have an * next to it.

Not if you kick it from inside the little box in the goal square. Seems silly to count it if you step over the line, but not if you don't. Can usually tell those players who know fantasy rules because they make sure they step over the little line then kick it,
I agree, kick ins and even OOB shouldn’t be counted as stats.

I don't care about any of this I just want the return of the little kick to self.
Out of all the rule changes they made, this is the one that annoyed me the most. Loved it when a player completely stuffed it. Feebly trying to pick the ball up only for the opposition to goal.

To be honest, only losers and battlers care about or focus on stats.

Guys like Hamish McLaughlin don't shut up about Disposals. Man, it's just idiotic.

But for those that do, they should start referring to them as Earned Disposals.

This stat excludes Kick Ins (and probably should also exclude the cheap Handball Receive from the bloke you kicked in to), and Down Field Free Kicks, Out on the Full/Insufficient Intent Freed, Centre Square and 6-6-6 Infringements etc.

Even then, this stats in isolation tells you f**k all about a players actual ability or impact on a game.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back