Traded Lachie Schultz [Traded to Collingwood for #34 and F1]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lololol
enjoy having had to pay a 1st and second round pick for a guy you could of got for nada only 12 mths later

you guys caved.

Seems your list management isn’t as hard arse as you like to believe….and neither are you!

Many of us believe we bring our own lube to the trade table.
Oh you want an arm and a leg? No worries I'll just chop it off.

Bit seriously Schultz is a good player and in his role one of the top 6 in league.

I think we paid slight overs but is near enough, unless the wheels fall off next season then it could be massive overs.
Bit like Treloars 2 x 7 deal pies were expecting to finish top 8 minimum and we ended up bottom 8.

Many of us believe we bring our own lube to the trade table.
Oh you want an arm and a leg? No worries I'll just chop it off.

Bit seriously Schultz is a good player and in his role one of the top 6 in league.

I think we paid slight overs but is near enough, unless the wheels fall off next season then it could be massive overs.
Bit like Treloars 2 x 7 deal pies were expecting to finish top 8 minimum and we ended up bottom 8.
Your talking to a freo fan about paying overs at the trade table - were the masters at it!

Yeah look that post was really just to stir old m8 up after carrying on all week how the pies would just walk away if we asked for too much etc.

My personal opinion is the trades a genuine win/win- atm it may seem overs to some of your supporters but I can guarantee once they see Lachie play and the effort he brings in the defensive side he ll soon become a fan favourite and very good addition to your team .

This is just about exactly the same trade that Richmond did for Hopper except it seems that Schultz got a shorter tenure but for higher dollars. Collingwood just need to hope that they don't go down the toilet like the Tiges did.

Surely your taking the Mickey out of it.

You have posted your dislike towards Freo.

Saying that... Dockers spent 2016-21 not playing finals.

As I said, I meant stop not start Mr Maniac. Freo is my favourite side outside of the lions. I just want to see you do well.

Wow well played Freo just fleeced Collingwood. How much of Adams 900k will Schultz take hearing over 750.
Melbourne can only deam of a good forward requesting a trade to them. Loved your melts this year in game day threads and I continue to enjoy them during trade week. Keep up the awesome posting.

Melbourne can only deam of a good forward requesting a trade to them. Loved your melts this year in game day threads and I continue to enjoy them during trade week. Keep up the awesome posting.

He did Ben Brown won us a flag was injured last two seasons.
Melksham also requested a trade to us him being out probably cost us a shot this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elliot is more a mid forward - than a small forward. Is stronger over head

A small forward just won the norm smith and they have another potential in Ginnivan

I just don’t see it being worth a 1st rounder or an area of priority
Shultz ave more
Disposals i50 clearance meters gained and similar marking.
Shultz ave 15+ disposals this year his similar to Elliot but better

Ive watched Shultz every home game since his arrival, was always a super hard worker, but his ability to turn the hard work into being at the right places at the right time has been critical to his fast improved reputation. Hes as tough as they come and will be the last bloke to give up on anything. Youve got a ripper - maybe a touch overs but he wont let you down and Im not happy hes leaving.

This is just about exactly the same trade that Richmond did for Hopper except it seems that Schultz got a shorter tenure but for higher dollars. Collingwood just need to hope that they don't go down the toilet like the Tiges did.

Pick 34 in this draft is trash. Its really just about whether the future 1st is top 10 or 18.

Elliot is more a mid forward - than a small forward. Is stronger over head

A small forward just won the norm smith and they have another potential in Ginnivan

I just don’t see it being worth a 1st rounder or an area of priority
He is a big upgrade on 2023 Ginni in terms of pressure which is basically our game plan. Plus we might see Ginni as a utility to play a variey of positions.

Geez surely that’s over for a forward pocket?

I get a funny feeling they’ll be regretting the 4 years. Was on the rookie list not that long ago. I’ll admit, I didn’t watch a lot of footy this year, for obvious reasons, but I’d be furious if WC gave up a 1st round in a premiership year for a forward pocket

Should be using it for areas of need to go again, or aiming for blue chip mids/KPs or going to the draft to ensure you stay up top for as long as possible

Shultz ave more
Disposals i50 clearance meters gained and similar marking.
Shultz ave 15+ disposals this year his similar to Elliot but better
Don't Remember Elliot doing much during the Finals

LS fits the Collingwood game plan perfectly. He's done it tough since being drafted to Freo in terms of being delisted and then rookie listed after playing every game in 2020, luckily for the Pies anyway.

Works hard up the ground, dangerous around goal and good forward pressure. Has been a RG medalist so loves playing in the big games so expecting big things.

Wasn't cheap, so for me there's not much in it as to who wins that trade, Pies just get a known commodity ready to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back