Traded Lachlan Fogarty [traded with #38 to Carlton for #30 and #51]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We've had some stinkers from the Cats. Have to go back to Jeremy Laidler to find a decent player.

Wells is pretty ruthless when it comes to cutting players he thinks won't make it. The only one I can think of that he got wrong was Joel Hamling, a couple of others have been good for their new clubs but we didn't let them go willingly. Still, more than ever now in football it is about roles and fit into a team. Fog doesn't fit into our team but perhaps he works well for Carlton.

Smart trade by Blues. Swap of 30 for 38, plus we throw in 51 is effectively Fogarty for pick 40ish. Average games played for draft picks for picks in the 31-50 draft pick bracket = 63.8

If this kids get a good run at it without injury, he'll be a 100+ gamer, perhaps a B+ grader in 12-24 months. Take this trade in a heartbeat.

At this stage of the club's list development, we needed players the likes of Saad, Williams & Fogarty, not hit/miss draft picks.

Smart trade by Blues. Swap of 30 for 38, plus we throw in 51 is effectively Fogarty for pick 40ish. Average games played for draft picks for picks in the 31-50 draft pick bracket = 63.8

If this kids get a good run at it without injury, he'll be a 100+ gamer, perhaps a B+ grader in 12-24 months. Take this trade in a heartbeat.

At this stage of the club's list development, we needed players the likes of Saad, Williams & Fogarty, not hit/miss draft picks.
Yeah I think the blues have done extremely well this year in the off season.

Dow has more natural skill but fog will use the skills he has.

Will he?

This is a strange trade to me where I'm totally and utterly underwhelmed by Fogarty. His performances (outside his first game) are totally unremarkable and he has a bad injury history (and we really, really can't afford to carry another injury-prone player given Curnow is out for the year, Docherty has cancer, list sizes are reducing, etc).

Yet Geelong supporters seem much more enamored than his new team. I guess that has to mean something - Geelong have had a deep team and performed really well so maybe not quite the patience or the right role for him, and maybe that matters.

Will he?

This is a strange trade to me where I'm totally and utterly underwhelmed by Fogarty. His performances (outside his first game) are totally unremarkable and he has a bad injury history (and we really, really can't afford to carry another injury-prone player given Curnow is out for the year, Docherty has cancer, list sizes are reducing, etc).

Yet Geelong supporters seem much more enamored than his new team. I guess that has to mean something - Geelong have had a deep team and performed really well so maybe not quite the patience or the right role for him, and maybe that matters.
Who says Charlie is out for the year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will he?

Look it's not really my concern anymore. Zero skin off my nose how he goes. He's not a superstar, but he legitimately cost you nothing and is a reasonably good shot at best 22

Been outstanding the last couple of weeks.

Safe to say Fog is no Lang, Smedts or heaven forbid David Clarke Jnr.

Slotted in beautifully at Carlton.
The only player Geelong has let go for peanuts that was any good
He just couldn’t get in our side.
Still love Fog and wrapped to see him doing well

Which exactly what we were saying. Good midfielder played as a forward mostly at the cats. Hope he has a good career

was honestly a little spewing we let him go, he's definitely going to be a solid player for the future

What a great get he has been for the Blues, already showing plenty and it's only been 3 rounds.

Looks very smooth and his disposal/decision making is pretty good.

Back