Official Team Thread Las Vegas Bears Season 33 Official Team Thread ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ - Congratulations MWPP S33 Mateflon Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

R07I.png

A historic game for the SFA. Two giants of the league came together to celebrate and support the pride community. It was great to see everyone completely engaged in the first of hopefully many pride games between these two teams. Just looking at the team jumper was an inspiration.

One of the more active threads of the season, it was certainly a privilege to be involved in the occasion and everyone did get involved. The game was really secondary to the event, lucky for us.

At the end of the 1st quarter it was a typical Bears performance, behind 37 to 6. By half time it was even worse, behind 68 to 13.

The third quarter was a different story as Cap, Test Tickle, I Dont Care and Art Vandelay_ come into their own. Bears 50 to Bombers 69 at the end of the third quarter.

Unfortunately the Bears weren’t able to sneak ahead and lost the game by 7 points.

But not to matter, the occasion was worth far more than the result with the league and the pride community the real winners!

R07.png

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Last edited:
The next award is one that celebrates characters who do the little things, give their all, and are the backbone of any great team. An individual who we all truly cherish - I am thrilled to announce that the Season 33 Best Defender Award goes to: tony!!!!

Best Defender.png

View attachment 1447477

A historic game for the SFA. Two giants of the league came together to celebrate and support the pride community. It was great to see everyone completely engaged in the first of hopefully many pride games between these two teams. Just looking at the team jumper was an inspiration.

One of the more active threads of the season, it was certainly a privilege to be involved in the occasion and everyone did get involved. The game was really secondary to the event, lucky for us.

At the end of the 1st quarter it was a typical Bears performance, behind 37 to 6. By half time it was even worse, behind 68 to 13.

The third quarter was a different story as Cap, Test Tickle, I Dont Care and Art Vandelay come into their own. Bears 50 to Bombers 69 at the end of the third quarter.

Unfortunately the Bears weren’t able to sneak ahead and lost the game by 7 points.

But not to matter, the occasion was worth far more than the result with the league and the pride community the real winners!

View attachment 1447478

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
I'm still sad my Bad Touch parody lyrics didn't get enough love

View attachment 1447472

Off the field the Phoenix are one of the kindest & welcoming teams in the SFA. The week was headlined by MC Bad Genius taking us through his weekly games. Despite the attempts by yours truely to derail the festivities, the Phoenix were friendly banterers all week as they interacted with MWPP, Millky95 & tony while ignoring my antagonistic behaviour. This may have been a ruse however as once we got to game day the East Side Phoenix came out spitting straight fire. By quarter time East Side lead by 40 points, with the game out of reach by half time with the Bears trailing by 66 points.

In the second half the off field leaders took control on field with MWPP, Millky95 & Cap stepping up in a brave attempt at bringing respect back to Vegas with the final score East Side 112 to Vegas 63. A loss of 49 points.

View attachment 1447473
It takes a lot more than that to derail me. My most frustrating trait is my persistence (or so my wife keeps telling me).

R08I.png

After a relatively pleasant first 7 rounds, it was sadly time to meet NaturalDisaster. He was up and about too, drinking seven coffees in three minutes. Thankfully soon enough Elton Johns Wig was playing Mark Ronson cover tunes and all was well. Millky95 was telling it like it is and Cap offering trademark repartee right the way through, but soon it was time for that bit when they bring a ball out and tell us to run and everybody shouts.

And what a glorious affair we were treated to! With both sides having won only 1 of their last 5 games, the standard of play could not be higher.

1 : 4.5 {CHB} - pantskyle receives his handpass.
1 : 4.54 {CHB} - pantskyle takes a bounce and nearly fumbles it.
1 : 4.58 {C} - Tonga Bob on the end of this.
1 : 5.02 {C} - But he interfered with his opponent there.
1 : 5.06 {C} - The ball is now with Test Tickle.
1 : 5.1 {rW} - Kick goes sideways.
1 : 5.15 {rW} - Atrocious kick. Not even kilometre perfect.
1 : 5.19 {lW} - With the ball is FootyGuy13.
1 : 5.23 {lW} - He takes the opportunity to bounce.
1 : 5.26 {C} - An underground handpass to Elton Johns Wig.
1 : 5.31 {rW} - Sees A Swallow out of the corner of his eye.
1 : 5.35 {rW} - All up but nobody can take the mark.
1 : 5.39 {rW} - A Swallow breaks a tackle and is off.
1 : 5.43 {rW} - Handballs over the top to TheInjuryFactory.
1 : 5.48 {CHF} - A mongrel punt in the direction of Dinsdale.
1 : 5.52 {CHF} - Dinsdale can't mark but is able to bring the ball to ground.
1 : 5.55 {CHF} - Dinsdale slowing down the play.
1 : 6 {CHF} - Dinsdale takes a bounce and nearly fumbles it.

It was 3 points the difference at the final change, despite the Bears being 23 shots on goal to 16 clear. Unfortunately, ahead of what promised to be an exciting conclusion, the rest of the match was cancelled and the result will never be known. Matera92 finished with 4.1, Broken found a ton of it, and Millky laid 11 tackles with 5 frees for. Everyone else did uhh really great as well except Cap who kicked 2.5 and was made to scrub Test Tickle's speedos.

R08.png

R09I.png

Round 9 saw the 3-5 Bears head to ljp86's lair to take on the evil Dragons lead by serial_thrilla and uberflog T2B_.

A torrid week of banter followed with Bonz and rookie Dragon DragoDelph the pick of the bunch for the hosts, Father Suns continued his despicable spammy season with a team high 109 posts. Test Tickle chipped in a high quality 48 while the evergreen JoshWoodenSpoon planted a solid 40.

On the qooty field it didn't get any better the Bears, with their finals aspirations looking shaky already, they copped a 47 point belting and never looked in the game as the Dragons did as they liked on the field. Muddiemoose has a lot to answer for this game, the blame is squarely on his shoulders as the Bears slumped to 3-6. Standouts on the qooty field where Father Suns with a 21 disposal 7 mark game from CHB, although maybe he should of focused more on restricting his opponent, Party Gull has 21 touches of his own to go with 4 tackles, Broken notched up 18 touches while tony had 18 off half back. A dour week for the Bears as they looked to collect themselves going into Round 10 vs the Wonders.

R09.png

View attachment 1447482

After a relatively pleasant first 7 rounds, it was sadly time to meet NaturalDisaster. He was up and about too, drinking seven coffees in three minutes. Thankfully soon enough Elton Johns Wig was playing Mark Ronson cover tunes and all was well. Millky95 was telling it like it is and Cap offering trademark repartee right the way through, but soon it was time for that bit when they bring a ball out and tell us to run and everybody shouts.

And what a glorious affair we were treated to! With both sides having won only 1 of their last 5 games, the standard of play could not be higher.

It was 3 points the difference at the final change, despite the Bears being 23 shots on goal to 16 clear. Unfortunately, ahead of what promised to be an exciting conclusion, the rest of the match was cancelled and the result will never be known. Matera92 finished with 4.1, Broken found a ton of it, and Millky laid 11 tackles with 5 frees for. Everyone else did uhh really great as well except Cap who kicked 2.5 and was made to scrub Test Tickle's speedos.

View attachment 1447484
You made a mistake? 3 votes Matera

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R10I.png

An always enjoyable encounter with the Wonders was a fruitful one for our Bears. The opening goal from star forward pocket Matera92 set the tone for the rest of the game as the Bears had 4 individual goal kickers and took a 16-point lead at quarter time. Dual goals from captain Muddiemoose saw the Bears kick 6 goals 3 to outscore the entire Wonders’ team to the half time break with a strong 31-point lead. The Wonders kicked the opening goal of the second half but a clever 7-point play by Art Vandelay_ saw the Bears wrestle back control and stretch the margin by a further 5 points. This saw the Bears completely run over the top of the Wonders in the final including 2 goals inside 20 seconds to winger Senor M as the Bears finished strong to run out the game with a 61-point victory.

The centre line for the Bears were dominant all game with MWPP getting 36 touches with 2 goals, Electronic_Renaissance with 35 and 1 goal and Senor M getting 28 and 2 goals.

For the off-field Father Suns lead the way with 88, Cap had a funny 69 and Muddiemoose finished with 41.

R10.png

I placed a bet on you, win so I get 47 dollars more than what I put in, I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

View attachment 1447487
Wow, that bookmarker didn't think much of my chances to win. How much did you bet? I can't having you starving so I will give you back the money, so you can buy your lunch on Monday.

View attachment 1447505

An always enjoyable encounter with the Wonders was a fruitful one for our Bears. The opening goal from star forward pocket Matera92 set the tone for the rest of the game as the Bears had 4 individual goal kickers and took a 16-point lead at quarter time. Dual goals from captain Muddiemoose saw the Bears kick 6 goals 3 to outscore the entire Wonders’ team to the half time break with a strong 31-point lead. The Wonders kicked the opening goal of the second half but a clever 7-point play by Art Vandelay_ saw the Bears wrestle back control and stretch the margin by a further 5 points. This saw the Bears completely run over the top of the Wonders in the final including 2 goals inside 20 seconds to winger Senor M as the Bears finished strong to run out the game with a 61-point victory.

The centre line for the Bears were dominant all game with MWPP getting 36 touches with 2 goals, Electronic_Renaissance with 35 and 1 goal and Senor M getting 28 and 2 goals.

For the off-field Father Suns lead the way with 88, Cap had a funny 69 and Muddiemoose finished with 41.

View attachment 1447506
Moz it was WONDERful :D

Ten rounds have been assessed. I'm still liking King_Steele from here, but these other characters are giving it a go.

SCORE UPDATE 2.png

R11I.png

In Round 11 we hosted the Demons in a match featuring two teams in contention for the finals.

We were treated to some old-school humor and dad jokes from philreich for the leadup before classy veterans JoshWoodenSpoon and I Dont Care both found new posting gears in combination with usual hard-hitters Father Suns and Cap with classy contributions from Matera92 and Test Tickle.

On a fittingly cloudy day at our beloved Stadium In The Sky, MWPP and Test Tickle were billed as the players to watch. The Demons had our measure in the first quarter, taking a 2 goal advantage at the first change, but we lifted in the second quarter to kick 10 goals and take a handy 33 point lead at half time. The third quarter was hard fought but we maintained our 5 goal advantage before blowing the Demons away in the final term with 7 goals to 4 en route to a memorable 45 point win.

Test Tickle (92 DT, 23 hitouts, 5 tackles) and MWPP (90 DT, 25 disposals) both lived up to pre-match predictions and lead a dominant engine room that helped big man Cap to 8 goals and 93 DT in a special performance. They had plenty of support all over the ground with contributions from many others including RookiePick (87 DT, 24 disposals), TheTick (85 DT, 26 disposals, 1 goal) and Party Gull (82 DT, 3 goals)

R11.png

From the big Moose:

"For this years captains award I would like to point out the outstanding efforts of Father Suns he joined the bears as part of the marquee player rehousing program and he has absolutely held up his end of the bargain

He has been a massive presence at the bears both on match day but also behind the scenes injecting his unique flair and presence every week
Keeping the bears in the league zeitgeist and providing a heel presence at the Bears

Congratulations mate and thank you for never taking a backwards step and embracing the Bears."

Captain's Award.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back