Official Team Thread Las Vegas Bears Season 33 Official Team Thread ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ - Congratulations MWPP S33 Mateflon Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all

Finally replying now that I’m on the computer and have the time to do it justice!

First and foremost, thank you so much to JoshWoodenSpoon and tony for putting on such a Vegas Extravaganza. I especially loved the new-look video red carpets (whilst retaining the usual outfits) and the retro looking graphics for the count . All class as always from both of you!

It’s an absolute honour to win Best Club(wo)man. Off the top of my head I don’t think that’s an award I have ever won so it’s definitely one I especially treasure. That all said I have a sense of imposter syndrome winning it in the one season I requested a prime spot … albeit moved when I stunk it up early on against por_please_ya . Besides Test Tickle is the true Ruck on our team and you can thank Testy for my late night fade. I don’t normally drink and I clearly had a few too many . Well, when I’m Vegas… .I also assumed I had come second or third due to my slow finish at the end and that this was a “consolation prize” of sorts haha as winning that with the BnF is uncommon, though I see it as anything but .

It’s also such a privilege to go back to back in the Mateflon. Again , the imposter syndrome is creeping in as I know my posting was solid rather than spectacular this season and in contrast to last season (where I think I did better in posting than qooty), it was the qooty (that we have no control over ) that got me over the line after many others also had spectacular seasons. That all said, isn’t it very Vegas to win on a technicality? And following it up from my maiden win as an outgoing captain I’ll take it!

And in any case, we haven’t always had opposition votes . That was brought in by Testy and continued by me but it was never the tradition prior to that. I’ll leave it upto the Leadership Group to decide what the future holds as far as those votes go.

Also, an additional thank you to Broken . As JoshWoodenSpoon noted he hates the fanfair but he has not just been a teammate , but a true friend , and I wish him all the best for his future endeavours . I’m sure we’ll keep in touch .

Anyway as I hold my two golden frying pans side to side this morning and wear my best club (wo)man award with pride, the main feeling is a sense of gratitude and love. Thank you for everything my bear friends , it has been a ride .

I’ll leave you all with my latest ursine purchase . Fittingly I bought it on the way home from London on a trip where I got to meet my dear friend Chipmunk . A journey already so far and also many to come!

B66E83A2-7D44-4289-835E-A96B5D09ABD4.jpeg

Hi all

Finally replying now that I’m on the computer and have the time to do it justice!

First and foremost, thank you so much to JoshWoodenSpoon and tony for putting on such a Vegas Extravaganza. I especially loved the new-look video red carpets (whilst retaining the usual outfits) and the retro looking graphics for the count . All class as always from both of you!

It’s an absolute honour to win Best Club(wo)man. Off the top of my head I don’t think that’s an award I have ever won so it’s definitely one I especially treasure. That all said I have a sense of imposter syndrome winning it in the one season I requested a prime spot … albeit moved when I stunk it up early on against por_please_ya . Besides Test Tickle is the true Ruck on our team and you can thank Testy for my late night fade. I don’t normally drink and I clearly had a few too many . Well, when I’m Vegas… .I also assumed I had come second or third due to my slow finish at the end and that this was a “consolation prize” of sorts haha as winning that with the BnF is uncommon, though I see it as anything but .

It’s also such a privilege to go back to back in the Mateflon. Again , the imposter syndrome is creeping in as I know my posting was solid rather than spectacular this season and in contrast to last season (where I think I did better in posting than qooty), it was the qooty (that we have no control over ) that got me over the line after many others also had spectacular seasons. That all said, isn’t it very Vegas to win on a technicality? And following it up from my maiden win as an outgoing captain I’ll take it!

And in any case, we haven’t always had opposition votes . That was brought in by Testy and continued by me but it was never the tradition prior to that. I’ll leave it upto the Leadership Group to decide what the future holds as far as those votes go.

Also, an additional thank you to Broken . As JoshWoodenSpoon noted he hates the fanfair but he has not just been a teammate , but a true friend , and I wish him all the best for his future endeavours . I’m sure we’ll keep in touch .

Anyway as I hold my two golden frying pans side to side this morning and wear my best club (wo)man award with pride, the main feeling is a sense of gratitude and love. Thank you for everything my bear friends , it has been a ride .

I’ll leave you all with my latest ursine purchase . Fittingly I bought it on the way home from London on a trip where I got to meet my dear friend Chipmunk . A journey already so far and also many to come!

View attachment 1447823
I have a short attention span. Can't wait to see it on DVD JoshWoodenSpoon

Who Is This Owl GIF

Congrats my lovely friend ❤️ well deserved and look forward to having you on the East Side next season 😍

But I'm sure your former teammates will still save you a spot on the blackjack table ;)

Not giving myself any votes in the rounds I voted for has come back to burn me.

Congratulations MWPP well deserved on a great season, enjoy the Hawks and I'll kill the moose for a banquet in your honor when you return.

Rookie error.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back