Official Team Thread Las Vegas Bears Season 33 Official Team Thread ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ - Congratulations MWPP S33 Mateflon Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

From the big Moose:

"For this years captains award I would like to point out the outstanding efforts of Father Suns he joined the bears as part of the marquee player rehousing program and he has absolutely held up his end of the bargain

He has been a massive presence at the bears both on match day but also behind the scenes injecting his unique flair and presence every week
Keeping the bears in the league zeitgeist and providing a heel presence at the Bears

Congratulations mate and thank you for never taking a backwards step and embracing the Bears."

Not surprised at the winner

More surprised Muddiemoose managed to say anything after his game reviews

View attachment 1447482

After a relatively pleasant first 7 rounds, it was sadly time to meet NaturalDisaster. He was up and about too, drinking seven coffees in three minutes. Thankfully soon enough Elton Johns Wig was playing Mark Ronson cover tunes and all was well. Millky95 was telling it like it is and Cap offering trademark repartee right the way through, but soon it was time for that bit when they bring a ball out and tell us to run and everybody shouts.

And what a glorious affair we were treated to! With both sides having won only 1 of their last 5 games, the standard of play could not be higher.

It was 3 points the difference at the final change, despite the Bears being 23 shots on goal to 16 clear. Unfortunately, ahead of what promised to be an exciting conclusion, the rest of the match was cancelled and the result will never be known. Matera92 finished with 4.1, Broken found a ton of it, and Millky laid 11 tackles with 5 frees for. Everyone else did uhh really great as well except Cap who kicked 2.5 and was made to scrub Test Tickle's speedos.

View attachment 1447484

HUH Father Suns got no votes

From the big Moose:

"For this years captains award I would like to point out the outstanding efforts of Father Suns he joined the bears as part of the marquee player rehousing program and he has absolutely held up his end of the bargain

He has been a massive presence at the bears both on match day but also behind the scenes injecting his unique flair and presence every week
Keeping the bears in the league zeitgeist and providing a heel presence at the Bears

Congratulations mate and thank you for never taking a backwards step and embracing the Bears."

I reckon it was Mrs Muddiemoose who awarded this

R13I.png

Another week, another disappointing loss. After starting well, we once again blew a 5 goal lead and managed to get our ass handed back to us and lose by 41 points. We went into half time 9 points behind but managed to have 12 shots on goal in the 3rd quarter but only kicked 5.7 to go 20 points ahead into the last quarter. In the last quarter it was the Roys turn to have 12 shots on the goal, the Roys were super accurate and kicked 10.2 to our 1 point, to turn a 20 point deficit into a 41 point win for the Roys. Its time some of us go to Specsavers, in the end all those points cost us the match.

This week we were back playing in good conditions and it showed with 5 players getting over 20 disposals, Test Tickle leading the way with 28 touches and a goal. Others to get over 20 were Art Vandelay_ (22), Senor M (21), MWPP (21) and Party Gull (22). Millky95 was a tackling machine with 6 tackles and 6 free kicks to go along with his 18 disposals and a goal.

Leading goalkickers for the week were Jezmiester40 with 3 and Cap and Party Gull with 2 each.

R13.png

R14I.png

The 9th place Bears desperately needed a win to stay in contention for finals and had to overcome the top of the ladder Gumbies FFC. Back in Round 2 the Gumbies provided fireworks both on & off the field. If you want more information about that week, it was discussed earlier tonight (go back & read it again-- it was an excellent read!) Anyway-- back to Round 14. The week was quiet, but the Qooty was on point for the Bears. After trailing by 17 points at quarter time, then 3 points at half time the Bears ran away with the game in the second half largely due to the goal kicking efforts of Cap with 5 goals & tony with 3 goals 1 behind in a rare positional change for the Vegas Mafia man.

R14.png

Another word from the VIP Room!

"When deciding the best club player I considered a number of factors at first glance we would only assume on field performance but to be the best club player I feel it’s important to have a holistic approach

This years winner is a mentor with unquestionable love for the teammates they have, with the ultimate team first attitude willing to play any role in the side even if it meant making sacrifices for the side so without any more delay I would like to proudly present MWPP with this years Las Vegas Bears best club player award.

Best Team Player.png

R15I.png

Heritage round plus the Bears 350th game, what a milestone. But what an opening post from Tonga Bob, either genius or just bizarre, depending on your point of view I suppose. I don’t think many read it.

In other gems, cement is the powder that makes concrete, if you have a car you are a capitalist and more stuff about a fridge and a moose, I’m told that happens a lot. I but of a quite game posting wise, but as stated it was all quality. All worth nothing until it came to game time. And what a game it was!

Royals out to a 39 to 14 lead during the second quarter. It looked liked the same old same old from the Bears, but they were able to amazingly lead at half time. Royals 52 to Bears 57.

Oh no! Same old story from the Bears, behind at three quarter time 76 to the Royals 82.

But up rises the Bears, their milestone match in a pretty even performance. A team inspiring performance that ended in a 2 point win to the Bears, 91 to 89. Happy times. Millky95, MWPP and TheTick put in great games to get us over the line. But overall it was a great team performance.

R15.png

R16I.png

The Los Carraras Derby thread began with a prolific and cordial exchange of condolences, while Grav tried to work out which of their teammates was which. Soon enough though things settled into the storied and comforting domain of summoning Cthulhu/Squidward. Kennedy Parker did his best to take a fun spin on things, which is hideously far from their forte and not to be commended. RU_ decided to pay the thread a visit, entirely by their own volition. How nice!

Anyway none of this actually matters because the main event was approaching. And there it was in all its glory. A Jezmiester40 appearance!!!! Immediately the quality of the thread went through the roof, all felt at ease and inspired to do great things, and the Bears were guaranteed a win.

And that's just what happened. Despite being 23 points down in the second quarter, a valiant kane249 kept Vegas in it with 3 stylish goals in the first half, and the difference was cut to 9 at the main break. Three goals in a row from Cap found the Bears the lead, but they couldn't break away - tied the end the third quarter! Some more Cap magic, and late goals to TheTick and Campaigner for good put the contest beyond doubt.

The hero of the day however was Electronic_Renaissance, who clocked up 34 touches, 6 marks, 5 tackles and 2 goals. He was supported by fantastic efforts from MWPP and Senor M, who kept the heat on all day.

R16.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R17I.png

In the final round of the home and away season we travelled to The Eyrie to take on fellow finalists, the Phoenix . After a brief preview from Barrybran late on Tuesday night, the thread itself was similarly concise, perhaps because both teams had an eye on the finals and looked to rest some stars in the leadup. Nonetheless Cap , Test Tickle , I Dont Care and JoshWoodenSpoon all lead from the front.

On a Rainy day, we were definitely the underdogs, as demonstrated by how Phoenix had 6 listed players to watch whilst we only had one, Father Suns . The bookies would've been smiling at quarter time when they saw the Phoenix 3 goals ahead of us, but we found another gear and trimmed the margin to just 1 goal at the main break. We continued the momentum and took a vital 12 point lead at the final change before blowing the Phoenix away by holding them goalless whilst piling on 4 goals of our own en route to a memorable 21 point win that sealed our home final and gave the Vegas fans some hope.

In a low scoring game that had few players with outstanding individual stats but many players with a team first approach, it was fitting that cult figure Jezmiester40 (79 DT, 3 goals) was best on ground, winding back the clock and capitalizing on support from fellow veteran forwards Cap (5 goals, 50 DT) and Matera92 (3 goals). Father Suns (77 DT) and Senor M (60 DT, 1 goal) were also instrumental in our crucial win.

R17.png

View attachment 1447556

In the final round of the home and away season we travelled to The Eyrie to take on fellow finalists, the Phoenix . After a brief preview from Barrybran late on Tuesday night, the thread itself was similarly concise, perhaps because both teams had an eye on the finals and looked to rest some stars in the leadup. Nonetheless Cap , Test Tickle , I Dont Care and JoshWoodenSpoon all lead from the front.

On a Rainy day, we were definitely the underdogs, as demonstrated by how Phoenix had 6 listed players to watch whilst we only had one, Father Suns . The bookies would've been smiling at quarter time when they saw the Phoenix 3 goals ahead of us, but we found another gear and trimmed the margin to just 1 goal at the main break. We continued the momentum and took a vital 12 point lead at the final change before blowing the Phoenix away by holding them goalless whilst piling on 4 goals of our own en route to a memorable 21 point win that sealed our home final and gave the Vegas fans some hope.

In a low scoring game that had few players with outstanding individual stats but many players with a team first approach, it was fitting that cult figure Jezmiester40 (79 DT, 3 goals) was best on ground, winding back the clock and capitalizing on support from fellow veteran forwards Cap (5 goals, 50 DT) and Matera92 (3 goals). Father Suns (77 DT) and Senor M (60 DT, 1 goal) were also instrumental in our crucial win.

View attachment 1447559

Jezmiester40 clutch

Last but not least we have MWPP and her cohort of super friends, por_please_ya, Dingster & Chipmunk. Like Cap, MWPP will be looking to go back to back.

View attachment 1447428

We will take a short break and hear from one of tonight's sponsors, before JoshWoodenSpoon takes over for the count of the Season 33 Mateflon Medal. Good Luck to all the Bears.

Aww Emerald Green is my favourite colour
Again, due to the weight loss, I still fit in
Aww you’re looking dapper Dingster (haven‘t I mentioned before that the persona is criminally underused!) and Chipmunk (what a lovely tux). Haha por_please_ya looks adorable too.

Still, the promised S26 BnF dress will be my outfit change for the afterparty!

classic-back-to-the-future.gif

REFI.png

THE BEARS ARE IN THE FINALS.

I know, we can't believe it either.

The Bears weaseled their way into a home final against the Mount Buller Demons who once again found themselves in the pointy end of the season. An enjoyable week followed with the Demons as 17 Bears found their way into the thread to see if the Bears could maybe even win a final. JoshWoodenSpoon led the charge with 61 posts, Father Suns contributing 54 of his own as he slowed down considerably in the last half of the season, Millky95 the only other Bear to clear the 40 mark with 42 for the week. Club legend Broken even popped in for a post!

On Sunday the Bears took to the field to see if they could break a hoodoo and win a final. The Bears got off to a great start kicking the first of the game to find an early 7 point lead. What followed was a 9.3 quarter for the Demons who lead by 18 going into quarter time. That 18 point margin proved to be insurmountable as the Bears never saw the lead again as the Demons kept the Bears at arms length to run out 22 point winners and to crush the Bears season once and for all.

Father Suns had a day out with 26 touches and a goal, as Millky95 had an equal team high 7 tackles to go with 19 touches. Test Tickle gave his all in the ruck on his way to 12 hit outs and 20 disposals.

Alas our season had ended and we would sit on the sidelines for the remainder of the finals.

REF.png

Mateflon Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back