List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not enough. Would have to be a top 10 pick. Why else would we be pushing him out?

No one is going to give a top 10 pick for Mitchell. We paid less for a player several years younger and un-injured. Our best case is a pick 15 - 20. More likely a bit later than that.

Match Committee need to keep trying new things to find more pieces imo, fast track the rebuild with a few more good players and find a star mid from the draft and we're on our way up the ladder soonish, play DGB as well, fast track his development imo, lets get this done.
Would be getting DGB in ASAP. If he is good to go after his injury, let’s play him. He will pick up the pace of the game well. I want to see him in the back half with Day, CJ, Scrimshaw. He is going to be a great fit with those guys.

No one is going to give a top 10 pick for Mitchell. We paid less for a player several years younger and un-injured. Our best case is a pick 15 - 20. More likely a bit later than that.
We paid for a guy who was the 5th midfielder at Sydney at the time. He’s a Brownlow medallist now. He’s worth a pick 7-12.

He is a less than a goal a game forward who doesn't offer a lot else in the way of being a target.

Yet he's continually picked and only dropped when he hasn't done what's asked of him.

Yes he may not be clunking every mark, but he impacts every contest and brings the ball to ground which is what is being asked of him.

Yet he's continually picked and only dropped when he hasn't done what's asked of him.

Yes he may not be clunking every mark, but he impacts every contest and brings the ball to ground which is what is being asked of him.
Yeah I never said he didn’t… But that means he is a very limited player. I never said he shouldn’t be getting picked currently, I don’t think he will ever be best 22 in a premiership contender though, which was my point. Wasn’t trying to have a dog at him.

TOB is extremely frustrating but its his work rate that earns him a game. Our first goal in the last qtr came of the back of a TOB kick in at full back and ended with TOB contesting the ball at full forward and shiels roving the pack. I just dont see Lewis doing that

Match Committee need to keep trying new things to find more pieces imo, fast track the rebuild with a few more good players and find a star mid from the draft and we're on our way up the ladder soonish, play DGB as well, fast track his development imo, lets get this done.
I reckon DGB gets a debut this week against the * and then give Callow a homegrown one in a couple of weeks down in Tassie.

82B8C5FC-A56B-43F3-B8DB-4D2D67236FFD.gif

I reckon DGB gets a debut this week against the * and then give Callow a homegrown one in a couple of weeks down in Tassie.

View attachment 1155013

Given he has missed a big chunk of games and doesn't have the AFL exposed form that a Will Day does it impossible to see him playing this week.

And even putting that aside who would he come in for? Hartigan still to return too.

I want to see DGB sooner rather than later too but there is no way it is this week. If it is ill do a nude run down my street and stream it.

Given he has missed a big chunk of games and doesn't have the AFL exposed form that a Will Day does it impossible to see him playing this week.

And even putting that aside who would he come in for? Hartigan still to return too.

I want to see DGB sooner rather than later too but there is no way it is this week. If it is ill do a nude run down my street and stream it.
I wonder if he could run with Nick Cox?
It would be a fun match up to see!

We paid for a guy who was the 5th midfielder at Sydney at the time. He’s a Brownlow medallist now. He’s worth a pick 7-12.
I could easily see Carlton doing the following trade to land Mitchell:
Carlton get Mitchell & pick 20
Hawks get pick 5

Carlton I feel would do this because Cripps and Walsh need midfield depth and the club is starved of success and I could definitely see them doing a panic move to push back into the finals mix. Adding an accumulator like Mitchell with runners off the halfback line in Williams / Saad suddenly makes more sense of both those recent accusations.

Hawthorn I think would do the deal too but would probably hate to be giving up the 2nd rounder to get the deal across the line but without I don’t think Carlton do it.

Would Mitchell be receptive to a deal to one of the clubs his old man and his mentor (Greg Williams) played for? I reckon he might if Cripps and McKay were to resign. Andrew ‘Jack’ Russell being there would also be a good thing too.

And what if a club sees him as being the missing piece that gets them from 4th into flag contention?

Or say with Carltank, they see him as being the means for convincing Cripps & McKay to re-sign? They have more than enough youth & they of all clubs should know the value of proven performance over high-drafted talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko if your reading this post then you MUST debut DGB this week. If not for the sake of the rebuild then do it for the KFC plug 😂

Hope you’ve got your g-banger ready RR 😂😂

DGB would interchange off at the 3 min mark & not be seen again for a month.
I thought it would be something like that. Cox is a bit of a freak and DGB at the other end of the spectrum with his running capacity. Still... it will be a match up in the future to look forward to none the less

We have started to weed out a few players this season that we're possibles moving forward.

I think we now know Cuz just can't put it together with his ball use.

Cegs is great depth but not capable of being a no. 1 ruck.

I think the side this week showed us that Hartigan and Lewis should not be automatics. Playing two stoppers in Frost and Hartigan hurts us. There will always be horses for courses with some sides.

Hanrahan is a no despite showing improvement.

Nash hasn't stepped up. He's a funny one but given how versatile he is could be OK depth.

I think Newcombes debut showed us that Howe is on thin ground. Again he is handy depth and I can still see Howe making it when we are a good side again particularly when we introduce more speed into the side.

And then as SYL notes we are yet to see DGB or Seamus plus we have Gunners and Sic who have made no contribution at all.

I have high hopes for Saunders and I think we have seen quality patches from Brocky and Reeves and Morris is def worth persisting with.

Maybe we have bottomed out.

Clarko if your reading this post then you MUST debut DGB this week. If not for the sake of the rebuild then do it for the KFC plug 😂

Hope you’ve got your g-banger ready RR 😂😂

Haha love it!!

I thought it would be something like that. Cox is a bit of a freak and DGB at the other end of the spectrum with his running capacity. Still... it will be a match up in the future to look forward to none the less
DGB not the best endurance wise like Cox is, but put them one out in the square and DGB will destroy him.

Outside of mature stop gaps in Phillips and Hartigan so far really only 3 new players have established themselves in 22 (CJ, kosi, Moore) who weren’t best 22 last year. You’d think we’d be hoping to find at least 3-4 more.

Reeves, Newcombe, cousins, Finn, cousins, brockman, Morris, Jeka etc have played a few games but none really established themselves in 22 the same way the 3 above have (obv only 1 week for newk). And still to see DGB, bramble and downie. Interesting 10 games ahead as IMO we haven’t really pushed hard at selection to fast track. But if we could pencil in a few more names into 22 that would really set us up better for next year.

TOB is extremely frustrating but its his work rate that earns him a game. Our first goal in the last qtr came of the back of a TOB kick in at full back and ended with TOB contesting the ball at full forward and shiels roving the pack. I just dont see Lewis doing that

Yeah I noticed this too. Amazing work rate so late in the game.

We have started to weed out a few players this season that we're possibles moving forward.

I think we now know Cuz just can't put it together with his ball use.

Cegs is great depth but not capable of being a no. 1 ruck.

I think the side this week showed us that Hartigan and Lewis should not be automatics. Playing two stoppers in Frost and Hartigan hurts us. There will always be horses for courses with some sides.

Hanrahan is a no despite showing improvement.

Nash hasn't stepped up. He's a funny one but given how versatile he is could be OK depth.

I think Newcombes debut showed us that Howe is on thin ground. Again he is handy depth and I can still see Howe making it when we are a good side again particularly when we introduce more speed into the side.

And then as SYL notes we are yet to see DGB or Seamus plus we have Gunners and Sic who have made no contribution at all.

I have high hopes for Saunders and I think we have seen quality patches from Brocky and Reeves and Morris is def worth persisting with.

Maybe we have bottomed out.
Bramble before he got injured was looking likely too

I could easily see Carlton doing the following trade to land Mitchell:
Carlton get Mitchell & pick 20
Hawks get pick 5

Carlton I feel would do this because Cripps and Walsh need midfield depth and the club is starved of success and I could definitely see them doing a panic move to push back into the finals mix. Adding an accumulator like Mitchell with runners off the halfback line in Williams / Saad suddenly makes more sense of both those recent accusations.

Hawthorn I think would do the deal too but would probably hate to be giving up the 2nd rounder to get the deal across the line but without I don’t think Carlton do it.

Would Mitchell be receptive to a deal to one of the clubs his old man and his mentor (Greg Williams) played for? I reckon he might if Cripps and McKay were to resign. Andrew ‘Jack’ Russell being there would also be a good thing too.

If that was to happen and we finished with 2 top 5 picks we should bid on Darcy and Daicos before taking our players.

Yeah I never said he didn’t… But that means he is a very limited player. I never said he shouldn’t be getting picked currently, I don’t think he will ever be best 22 in a premiership contender though, which was my point. Wasn’t trying to have a dog at him.
Yeah, I've heard the same about Spangher and Shoemakers and they are both premiership players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back