List Management | End of year discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They have to delist Lachie Langford. Watched him a bit over the last 2 years and is clearly not up to it.
Replace him on the rookie list with Glass.

Lachie is an interesting case, he has nice skills and moves ok just doesn't have the intensity, kinda the opposite of Will.

He was coming from a long way back physically, I'd be inclined to give him another year unless they absolutely need the spot or are 100% sure that he won't make it even to the decent depth player list ever

Id rather give Lowden a miss tbh. Would hate to pick someone for depth if we didn't think they had some development in then and could at the very least challenge for B22.

On Fitzpatrick, I might be in the minority here but I genuinely think there's a spot for him going forward.

Despite being out for a long time with his concussion I think he showed some fantastic qualities after Ceglar went down. Absolutely more moments that made me sit up and think he had a future than those poorer ones that he gets ragged on when he was at the Dees.

His follow up work after contest the ruck was excellent. Athletic and talented for mine.

Agree with your assesment of Jack. What has me sold is his surprising turn of speed for a big guy.

Lachie is an interesting case, he has nice skills and moves ok just doesn't have the intensity, kinda the opposite of Will.

He was coming from a long way back physically, I'd be inclined to give him another year unless they absolutely need the spot or are 100% sure that he won't make it even to the decent depth player list ever
I'd be very surprised if they kept him after coming 16th in the dev b & f, there's a lot of players ahead of him atm.

Agree with your assesment of Jack. What has me sold is his surprising turn of speed for a big guy.

Could we play McEvoy in the ruck, Vickery at CHF and Jack at FF and let the latter two each have stints in the ruck, or does that make us too slow?

Could we play McEvoy in the ruck, Vickery at CHF and Jack at FF and let the latter two each have stints in the ruck, or does that make us too slow?
Probably a bit too slow. Plus with Vickery wanting to play more ruck time that means Fitz would play more forward and I'd hate to have him more permanently forward tbh

It could work, Jack is said to be quite quick, and we were probably going to have vickery and BB anyway

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He is quick for a ruckman. Slow for anyone else.
McEvoy likely to miss quite a few game with his back so can see Vickery playing most weeks and Fitz & Pitto getting half a dozen games each filling in for one of them.

Also, why are we always the last club to announce delistings?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, why are we always the last club to announce delistings?

Don't make a decision before you have to. There is a date (the 31st?) when all delistings must be announced. Waiting until then gives the player management team time to plan the draft one last time. Maybe the fitness staff time to do some testing, etc. and there's nothing that can happen with a delisted player until the delisted draft happens, anyway.

Don't make a decision before you have to. There is a date (the 31st?) when all delistings must be announced. Waiting until then gives the player management team time to plan the draft one last time. Maybe the fitness staff time to do some testing, etc. and there's nothing that can happen with a delisted player until the delisted draft happens, anyway.
Also they get a better look at other clubs delistings to see if they want to grab any

Would the club have told the players yet, though?

Would the club have told the players yet, though?

Dunno. From the way Clarko talks I would think he's either told them outright or told them there is a good chance. The fact that they gave Mitch and Lewis a year's notice that their time was running short it makes me think that even a delisted fringe player would get some respectful notice.

But even if the players have been told there isn't much they can do. The need to go into the three delisted drafts and then maybe even the rookie draft. There is still plenty of time for their agents to drum up some business.

any chance might delist an redraft someone seeing as our picks are so late ?

Alternatively we could get three sloths to play in those positions

So three below average ruck forwards in the same team? :/

I can't help Graham Wright's list management. I wanted Witts.

And at least our under pressure bomb long inside forward 50 wont result in a heap of uncontested marks to Taylor, Lonergan and Henderson any more. hey we have the best small forwards in the league and they can crumb !!

I have a theory on why we have not announced our delistings up to this point (which is very unusual). With a minimum 3 picks required at the draft (although 1 could possibly be used to upgrade Kade Stewart), they are all going to be speculative. As a result, I would imagine we are waiting as long as possible prior to 1st list lodgements (Oct 31) to see who other teams delist and who then becomes available as a delisted free agent. If someone we are interested in becomes available, this will then determine the number of players we are required to delist.

Thoughts?

That could be the reason. But there really isn't a reason to delist players before you're required to. It reduces your options. And if a player is so unsuited that you delist him a few days after the end of the season, then I've got to wonder why he was on the list at all.

Basically, the football Dept needs to build a list that suits their indented gameplan. There could be injuries, off season player commitments to fitness/weight, medical test results, etc. All sorts of things that could be done with this time as you decide whether to delist or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back