Traded Marley Williams [traded to North Melbourne for pick 105]

Remove this Banner Ad

North fans, Marley is better than anything you will get at 105.

No idea what happened to him at Collingwood but at one stage he looked like he was turning into a very good small defender.

Needs to stay off the angry pills though (if that is possible for him)

Have the Pies added any good ball users to play off half back this trade period?
Well we got rid of one who isnt a good ball user lol.
Honestly i've been slaying him all season, never rated him but pick 105 is a free hit for North. Good luck to him

I'm extremely disappointed with this. Realistically, the guy is 23 and has played 60 odd games so is on the cusp. Would've been more beneficial to keep him another year and watch him blossom or delist. Pretty simple.

I'm kinda shocked by this one. This guy CAN play AFL level footy. He was getting games in the 22 this year, though admittedly sporadically, and didn't look woeful when he did.

Lots of noise about off field issues - I can only imagine Collingwood discovered he's been kidnapping and torturing back-packers in his spare time to have just thrown him away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read somewhere that was the plan, don't quote me on it though, did he ever run through HB with you guys?
Not really. His strength is his delivery into the forward 50 which is excellent.

Collingwood desperate to get rid of him?

Much better value than pick 105 and for a team like North without a genuine small defender I think he can play a role quickly

Collingwood desperate to get rid of him?

Much better value than pick 105 and for a team like North without a genuine small defender I think he can play a role quickly
Derek Hine said today he was unlikely to stay on our list i.e. delisted, and this trade was all about getting him to his club of preference.

Shows how delusional pies fans are. Two years ago this guy was a star...
Shows how quickly things can change if players don't keep working hard. No delusion, Williams was very good. North needs a good small defender - Atley and McDonald are only ok, and with injuries we had nothing last year - so he can play a role inmediately if he is ready to get back on track.

Such a weird trade. He was the best one on one defender in the comp in 2015, and then obviously had a 'mare this year. I am guessing it's either off field issues or with other prospects coming through, the Pies opted to go another way rather than back him to turn it around. I also think there is an element of Buckley there, as he clearly struggles to relate to the more larrikin types, presumably given he was such a professional and dedicated athlete himself.

I am equally surprised we took him on. We have lacked a genuine lock down small defender for a long time, but we've also tended to go for "safe" personalities and under the current regime too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back