Match Day Attendances - how will it work this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

U don't need internet on your phone. Just take a screenshot and save it to your photos on your phone and then just scan in like u would a paper ticket.

Even though the majority of people have smartphones, I agree that some don't and the AFL cannot be prejudice against those who don't have a phone, thus paper tickets should be allowed and are by what you stated.
Spot on that’s what I did at tennis , sent my customer tickets by text , all worked fine

Do we know how many tickets are left for general admission members?

This all depends on how many Richmond has given to Carlton, if its the expected 1,000 tickets for the away team then it'll be more around 5K.
I make this assumption on all Richmond reserve seat holders who registered in the ballot + coterie too.
If not all reserve seat holders registered then expect more to be available for GA members, 7-8K

Last edited:
This all depends on how many Richmond has given to Carlton, if its the expected 1,000 tickets for the away team then it'll be more around 5K.
I make this assumption on all Richmond reserve seat holders who registered in the ballot + coterie too.
If not all reserve seat holders registered then expect more to be available for GA members, 7-8K
2500 to blues

Sounds like 10,000 for ga , not just Richmond though , public sale
Nah, got an email yesterday, it'll be a members only event unless the tickets don't sell out (which of course will not happen).

So 27,500 - 2,500 to the blues = 25,000. How many reserved seat and high level memberships do we have?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so if they release 25k more tickets next week will we get another 20k for rfc fans and 5k for blooze ?

if they give more of those 25k to blooze fans then i hope they dont release any more tickets

FOR AFL GOLD & SILVER MEMBERS

Under reduced capacity crowds and given contact tracing requirements for all members, there will be no walk up General Admission access available during the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season at either the MCG or Marvel Stadium until further notice.

Members will still be sent their 2021 AFL Membership cards but please note that these cards cannot be scanned for entry into the venue.

Members will be required to upgrade to a reserved seat for each match, on a round by round basis, via the respective ticketing agent using their 2021 AFL Membership barcode(s). This includes tickets for any children over 12 months and under the age of 6, for capacity and contact tracing purposes.

Whilst we enter this period of uncertainty with reduced capacities and the requirement for AFL Members to upgrade to a reserved seat to attend a match, AFL Membership have negotiated there will be no cost involved to upgrade to a reserved seat at MCG and Marvel Stadium, along with no transaction or ticketing agent fees.

The complimentary reserved seat upgrades will be in place whilst capacities are restricted and can be redeemed via respective ticket agents using their 2021 AFL Membership barcode.

As announced on Friday February 26, we’re thrilled to have 50% crowds at matches at the MCG and Marvel Stadium confirmed for the commencement of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.

To ensure we provide members fair and equitable access to see their team play this year, at crowd capacities below 75% below during the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season we will be prioritising access for competing Club of Support members.

Members of the two competing teams will receive priority access to seating for their Clubs’ matches, prior to any remaining inventory going on sale to AFL Members of non-competing clubs.

We understand this is a significant change to access for AFL Members, however given the unique circumstances we are faced with in 2021, we are prioritizing members being able to see their team play as often as possible.

More information on the AFL Reserve for both stadiums and the on-sale structure for members can be found at here.

Under reduced capacities in order to maximize member attendance opportunities and navigate any unforeseen changes, we will be undertaking regular member ‘on-sales.’ During these on-sale periods, members can redeem their seats for the selected matches free of charge.

Tickets for Round 1 at both the MCG and Marvel Stadium will be available for AFL Members on Tuesday March 16 at the following times;
10am, Tuesday March 16 - AFL Gold and Silver members with Competing Club of Support
11am, Tuesday March 16 - All remaining AFL Members

We anticipate that these ticket redemption periods will take place weekly and will be during the week of the upcoming match.

Additional information relating to Round 1 on-sales, and future on-sales, will be communicated in the coming days.

Due to Covid-19 compliance at both MCG and Marvel Stadium, all AFL Member ticketing will be mobile this season. Once tickets have been redeemed from either ticketing agent, you will be able to access these tickets by logging on to either agents' website.

Please see links below from both Ticketek (MCG) and Ticketmaster (Marvel Stadium) regarding their mobile ticketing processes.

Ticketek (MCG)

Mobile Ticket Info Guide

Fast, Contactless Entry to MCG

Ticket Sharing Info Guide

Ticketmaster

What is Mobile Delivery?

Mobile Ticket

I’m an Afl gold member for Carlton. Am I able to get a ticket for myself plus mates or only for me?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not true. They have more AFL members than us.

Not a lot more, in AFL MEMBERS it's likely to be 50/50 (first in best dressed for Gold and Silver Members). I'm gold so ill be ready to go on Tuesday to get tkts, there's 10 of us 🐯

Also, In the MCC reserve perhaps a similar split or slightly more of us.

Overall there will be about 35k Richmond Supporters which will sound like 50K. Blues will have about 13-14K and the rest, 1,000+ will be corporates/sponsors and players partners.

I’m an Afl gold member for Carlton. Am I able to get a ticket for myself plus mates or only for me?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes for you at 10 am to get tickets on Tuesday but for your friends "only" if they hold a gold or silver membership for either Carlton or Richmond. (No guest passes). At 11am Tuesday, tickets will be available (if not sold out prior) for - All remaining AFL Members including competing club members who werent able to get tickets in the first onsale time, between 10-11 am

Remove this Banner Ad

Back