Player Watch Matt Crouch - Re-Signed to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Best ball magnet in the AFL
  • I've been excited about Matt Crouch since before we drafted him.
    I remember salivating over his 28 disposals in three quarters against GWS on debut.
    This season he looks leaner and fitter and looks to have more time with ball in hand.
    He really looks set for a break out season as our clearance beast. We just need his brother back out there with him for the next decade instead of in the medical rooms.

B&F Winner and All Australian
  • Great season, worthy Best and Fairest winner.

Here's the thing though - if he can get his fitness up a bit more (which he should, midfielders generally do play more minutes the older they get) he is going to blow away the records.

Last year he averaged 71% game time, this year 77%.

He averaged 33 disposals. Tom Mitchell averaged 35.8 disposals but from 88% game time.

Here are the average disposals per 100% game time by the top disposal players:
    Matt - 42.8
    Mitchell - 40.9
    Merrett - 39.0
    Oliver - 38.9
    Ablett - 38.2
    Brad 37.7
    Treloar - 36.7
    Dangerfield - 35.1
    Martin 34.9

Re-signs for 3 years in January 2018
  • DTPChRpVwAANNEp.jpg:large

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2018-01-11/crouch-signs

Crouch said he was thrilled to be continuing his career at West Lakes.

“I’m really pleased to be able to wear the Crows colours for the next four years at least,” Crouch said.

“The Club is a fantastic place to be with a committed playing and coaching group who are determined to achieve success.

“I’m excited for what the future holds and look forward to the start of Season 2018 already.”

General Manager List Management and Strategy Justin Reid was rapt to have Crouch commit to the Crows.

“Matt has developed into one of the premier midfielders in the competition and to have him around until at least 2021 is a great result for the Club,” Reid said.

“He has not only bought into but led the way with the Club’s team-first culture and helped create a really positive environment.

“At only 22 years of age his best football is still ahead of him and we are excited to continue to see him grow as a player and a leader.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back