Player Watch Matt Crouch - Re-Signed to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Crash brothers! Meant to be a very good tackler and hard at it. Good to have 4 mids who are crazy at the ball in Danger, Sloane, Crouch and Crouch. No soft utensils.

It would be good if he could develop into the Sewell type.

I think that Knight drafted also has that intensity at the ball as well.

How can you say we have overpaid on a kid who 2 months out from the draft was predicted to go top 10-15?

Wish people would ignore the trash talk going around about him and let his footy do the talking.
Always on the ball champ. :thumbsu:

96vu2p.jpg

Welcome to the AFC my man!
Reminds me of Jimmy from South Park. image.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read an article somewhere this morning where David Noble is quoted as saying Knight has not only got great endurance he also addressed a need with his speed and outside run.

And don't forger Matt broke his hand prior to the champs and went in completely underdone, probably shouldn't have played. You'll soon change your mind I'm betting, heaps of upside here.
Look, no one will be happier than me if I'm on here wiping egg off my face. Clearly I hope he succeeds and becomes a good player for us - no question.

Go look at his game against Metro - was across half back under limited pressure , runners around and he chooses a mid timed torp into the corridor.

As for " not liking him" - grow up, this is a purely football debate , not year 3 playground. I've absolutely nothing personal against him, and yes I love the brothers thing too ok. I'm just commenting on observations people have made who gave actually watched him play

Lol, I never said it was personal. Not liking him was based on your BS observations on his footy ability. Double lol you use one example of him trying to do something and you deem his vision and decision making crap. Ive seen plenty of games where good AFL players have done something pretty amazingly pathetic compared to their skill set, that's pretty harsh to demand this perfection. one example compared to countless on his video that seems pretty good to me. I guess like the crows my standards and others on here are a little low.

Lol, I never said it was personal. Not liking him was based on your BS observations on his footy ability. Double lol you use one example of him trying to do something and you deem his vision and decision making crap. Ive seen plenty of games where good AFL players have done something pretty amazingly pathetic compared to their skill set, that's pretty harsh to demand this perfection. one example compared to countless on his video that seems pretty good to me. I guess like the crows my standards and others on here are a little low.
Read what I originally wrote, not what you think you saw. My comments are based on observations made by people who have watched him. So they're are not my BS observations at all.

But by all means stick your head in the sand

I've just re read this post more closely - you sound like a jilted lover!

Last time I checked this forum allowed reasoned debate, and just because I don't agree with the majority does not make me any less entitled to comment thanks

Im happy to debate with you on facts. but your making a lot of the stuff up. If he truly had all those deficiencies you suggest he wouldn't be picked up at all let alone rated in every phantom draft to go in the top 25 and Champion Data had him ranked the 11th best player in the draft. I don't understand. Where are you getting your mail from and why is it so different from every expert in the country?

Read what I originally wrote, not what you think you saw. My comments are based on observations made by people who have watched him. So they're are not my BS observations at all.

But by all means stick your head in the sand

So why are you re hashing others BS observations and passing them off as these amazing facts. I went and saw Warren Tredrea play a reserves game for Port in 96 and he barely raised a sweat and didn't even attempt to sprint. What does history tell you of my observations that day!. Don't believe everything some nuff nuff tells you because they fail to see the whole picture especially if they are watching the game and not just the player.

Im happy to debate with you on facts. but your making a lot of the stuff up. If he truly had all those deficiencies you suggest he wouldn't be picked up at all let alone rated in every phantom draft to go in the top 25 and Champion Data had him ranked the 11th best player in the draft. I don't understand. Where are you getting your mail from and why is it so different from every expert in the country?
Once again if you read what I wrote I noted that its widely accepted that his strengths are elite and I have no issue with that - but guess what, he does have weaknesses - or are you suggesting he has no weaknesses ? Because if he dosent then maybe you can explain why every other club overlooked him. A club like StKilda who are noted at crying out for inside mids and who had 2 late first round selections , overlooked him.

Why was that ?

Is this thread a sticky? Just curious as I can't really tell on the mobile app.

Anyway - I can't believe Crouch was still available at 23. I thought he'd be gone by then for all money.

Great get for us.

Yes it is. As is the Riley Knight and general draft day thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back