Matt Priddis Retires - Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon the intrusion but have always rated Priddis and he'll be missed.
Fair player, got the most out of his ability which is more than you could say about 90% of players.

Personally, he was always one of my favourite SuperCoach picks. Rarely a star but ultra-consistent (until this year).

Happy retirement

I hope he is quicker on sand than turf.

All the Baywatch people used to run in slow motion and they still saved plenty of lives

All the Baywatch people used to run in slow motion and they still saved plenty of lives

That was largely due to the technologically advanced flotation devices they all carried.

Did they ever actually save anyone? I remember jet-skis, boats, helping that cop with the golf cart but I don't remember them actually swimming out and saving anyone.

IMO he doesn't seem too upset in that interview. Obviously the end came a bit quicker than he thought but his demeanour doesn't really align with someone who is bitter at Simpson or the club.
Someone like him who gives 8 million percent isnt going to just go "yeah nah bruv - no wukkas catcha on the flip."

Hes gonna need a bit to let it all sink in - theres probably going to be some angst.

In the wash (if there was a wash - if its not media bullshit) hes taken it on the chin and then again taken it on the chin by not costing us a list possy and salary cap.

Kudos

End of

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone like him who gives 8 million percent isnt going to just go "yeah nah bruv - no wukkas catcha on the flip."

Hes gonna need a bit to let it all sink in - theres probably going to be some angst.

In the wash (if there was a wash - if its not media bullshit) hes taken it on the chin and then again taken it on the chin by not costing us a list possy and salary cap.

Kudos

End of
From what I heard when Simmo & Priddis got together for their meeting Tuesday last, Priddis asked Simmo just to be honest with him and the rest is history.

Think there's a fair amount of respect between the two of them following this discussion and was probably there before, which is why Simmo found it difficult to drop him from the side.

No doubt Priddis was upset and disappointed at first, but I would think he is now coming to terms with it. Probably deep down Priddis knew where he was at, but was no doubt in denial for awhile. This is what happens to most players on the decline, which makes it a difficult situation for both player and coach.

Great player for us, amazing how quickly he has fallen away though. Still what a professional he always has been.

Agreed. Brownlow 2014, arguably a superior season in 2015, 2016 was a pass mark an this year its been quite shocking.

But I suppose that's what happens when you have no athletic ability to hide behind. Given his shortcomings and the way the game is played now its amazing what he was able to achieve.

Agreed. Brownlow 2014, arguably a superior season in 2015, 2016 was a pass mark an this year its been quite shocking.

But I suppose that's what happens when you have no athletic ability to hide behind. Given his shortcomings and the way the game is played now its amazing what he was able to achieve.
In my opinion think the Back surgery he had in the off-season set him back, particularly bearing in mind his age and stage of his career. Not so easy to come back from those kind of setbacks when Father-time starts to set in.

Just thanked the man in person. Had to chase him down the street which was embarrassing.

Was in a heath food cafe, don't see him ballooning out any time soon!

Very genuine guy, Was a bit embarrassed but shook my hand and said no worries
He was probably just confused to see his long lost twin brother

Remove this Banner Ad

Back