Memberships Membership 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alright, we paid for our Melbourne memberships about 8 months ago, and forgot all about them because the AFL fixture bore the shocking news that the boys would not be here til now. Not its finally almost game day and I can't even remember if we received members packs this season. 1) Does anyone know what the members gift was? That might help me remember 2) Looking at our renewal email there seems to be a link to purchase match tickets electronically - is that the way it's supposed to be? I used to hand the lanyards up next to the dog leads, but as I intimated I don't remember receiving them this year. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Alright, we paid for our Melbourne memberships about 8 months ago, and forgot all about them because the AFL fixture bore the shocking news that the boys would not be here til now. Not its finally almost game day and I can't even remember if we received members packs this season. 1) Does anyone know what the members gift was? That might help me remember 2) Looking at our renewal email there seems to be a link to purchase match tickets electronically - is that the way it's supposed to be? I used to hand the lanyards up next to the dog leads, but as I intimated I don't remember receiving them this year. Thanks to anyone who can help.
Did you choose go mobile maybe

1687213834880.png

Wow
My wife has told me she doesn’t want to go to football next year. So we can now cancel her power membership and I can downgrade my sma membership to essential crows

Not renewing.

Vic membership is a joke and who has the time with a toddler.

Of course they make this process as difficult as possible. I had to email to turn off auto renew then I need to reconfirm my cancellation when renewals come out. Dumb.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That process wouldn't hold up even if you forgot to reconfirm and they took the money. Needlessly difficult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea where to post but interesting info. Small sample of article below

AFL

Don't miss out on the headlines from AFL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
They have always been the loudest in real life and the Collingwood fans remain the loudest in the digital world, too.
No AFL club outside of the black and white army can boast a social media following of more than one million.
And the gap is only getting bigger as the Magpies boast more than 200,000 more followers across Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly known as Twitter) and TikTok than nearest rival Richmond.
That gap between first-ranked Magpies and second-ranked Tigers is bigger than the gap between Richmond and 10th-placed Sydney.
Long seen as a power club, the numbers prove Collingwood is ahead of all others.
But so much of social media these days is run by the players, not the clubs, with Christian Petracca one of Australia’s most watched cooks thanks to a runaway success TikTok channel and names like Lance Franklin and Dustin Martin outweighing even the most popular clubs for followers.
And it’s not all about social media, either. We have pulled together financial numbers, crowd figures, celebrity fans and the hefty player contracts so you can compare how your club’s power ranks across the league.

Adelaide Crows​

Club membership: 68,536
Social media following: Instagram: 175k, Facebook: 283k, TikTok: 91.1k, X (Twitter): 158.3k. Total: 707,400
Average crowd: 34,689
Cash and cash equivalents: $2,850,969
Season ticket sales and AFL membership revenue: $17,866,369

AFL sourced revenue: $15,098,625

Total revenue: $53,690,762

Biggest fans: Lleyton Hewitt, once a No.1 ticket holder, was famously so embedded in the Crows he was a factor in a rift between champions Tyson Edwards and Andrew McLeod. Former Australian Idol judge Mark Holden went for it in the lead up to the 2017 grand final, posting a rehash of Steve Dundon’s ‘It’s the Crows Again’ on Facebook while dressed in full Adelaide regalia.

Highest paid player: Rory LairdThe ball magnet earns around $800,000 – almost a dollar for every possession he wins.

Longest contracted players: Josh Rachele, Jake Soligo – 2029

Social stars: Taylor Walker and Rory Sloane – The veterans are both strong contributors on Instagram, although a content warning is required for Sloane’s latest post, of him undergoing an eye procedure. Walker weighs in on 119,000 Instagram followers and Sloane boasts 110,000.

Port Adelaide​

Club membership: 64,041

Social media following: Instagram: 153k Facebook: 203k, Tiktok 55.6k, X (Twitter): 112.5k. Total: 524,100.

Average crowd: 35,512.3

Cash and cash equivalents: $6,672,710

Revenue from AFL, Match Day and Merchandise: $21,996,497

Total revenue: $57,121,089

Powerbrokers: Now he doesn’t have to set the alarm every morning to get up for Sunrise, Power president David Koch may spent more time at Alberton after he handled Ken Hinkley’s contract this year. Disrupter Warren Tredrea was strong against Hinkley at the start of the season and the premiership captain is always vocal about the Power.

Highest paid player: Ollie Wines – The Brownlow medallist is on about $800,000 as a grunt force in a young midfield.

Longest contracted player: Jason Horne-Francis – 2028

Social star: Travis Boak – The veteran has been a long-time convert to Instagram and has used his 72,600 fans to leverage an array of brands, including his own underwear brand Rogers.

Benchmarks

Collingwood​

Club membership: 106,470

Social media following: Instagram: 344k, Facebook: 378k, TikTok: 194.3k, X (Twitter): 155.9k. Total: 1,072,200

Average crowd: 60,209.9

Membership and match day revenue: $28,178,931

Cash: $15,353,762

Total revenue: $66,060,699

AFL distribution: $12,204,379

Biggest fans: There are powerbrokers everywhere at Collingwood. Few people get as much airtime as former president Eddie McGuire, while ex-captain and coach Nathan Buckley’s opinion carries huge weight in the media. The Pies also often lead the charge on celebrity sightings, with a cast that has included the Dalai Lama, Joe Biden and even Rob Lowe got to join the circle to sing the song one year. Anyone remember Mr Bean hitting the gym alongside Buckley?

Highest paid player: Darcy Moore – The skipper could see his salary tip over $1m if he hits some team and individual marks.

Longest contracted player: Josh Daicos – 2030

Social stars: Scott Pendlebury, Nick Daicos – The veteran has always been active on socials and heavily promotes his podcast Jock and Journo to more than 184,000 followers. A rising star on and off the field, Nick Daicos has flown up the charts lately and sits with 197,000 followers on Instagram.

West Coast​

Club membership: 103,275

Social media following: Instagram: 237k, Facebook: 329k, TikTok: 34.5k, X (Twitter): 100.5k. Total: 701,000.

Average crowd: 35,940

Merchandise revenue: $2,554,980

Match revenue: $7,732,257

Membership revenue: $26,112,310

Cash: $11,791,272

2022 revenue: $83,257,124

AFL distribution: $11,765,483

Powerbrokers: Former opening batter and Australian men’s cricket coach Justin Langer has leapt onto the board in recent years and played a part in the club keeping coach Adam Simpson. Female footy pioneer Jan Cooper is the club’s current No.1 ticket holder. Wonder if Barack Obama has the Eagles jumper former No.1 ticket holder Julie Bishop once handed him up in his pool room?

Highest paid players: Tim Kelly, Jeremy McGovern: Kelly and McGovern are earning just a tick over $1m each for the faltering Eagles.

Longest contracted players: Tom Barrass, Reuben Ginbey, Elijah Hewett – 2026

Social star: Nic Naitanui – ‘Nic Nat’ will have to hand the baton over in his retirement but he has long been a hugely popular across social media and has 151,000 fans on Instagram. He has a strong following of beyond 30,000 on TikTok but his videos section sits empty, watch that space.

* we certainly ain’t one of the Big Boys any longer…and the trend is down.

** I would have offered JHF 850-900k for 5-6 years when leaving Kangas. It would have made Power pay up even more even if we still missed

*** Oldest membership demographic (confirmed to me in person by Silvers), significantly lower revenue generation relative to the ferals (when in the * did this first happen?) and about to embark on a massive Capex project normally characterised by cost and time over-runs....now thats a scary combination

Last edited:
I have officially dropped out of SMA Gold Upgrade

and have renewed Essential Crows (not gold)

Feels good to be an 11 game member again. First time since 2004

Mine seems to have gone up $118 over 2023. I’m pretty sure this year it was $680, for 2024 it’s $798 (despite the fact I resold my seat 4 times during the season and earned credits for it).
Did you return it to the pool, or did it actually resell?

It actually resold.
That's pretty cool.

I know my seats are amazing. So there's a good chance they might.

THe issue is i think we can only put it on the market 3-4 days before? And with the exception of the showdown, I dont believe we got to sellout status this year. So I keep thinking it'll never sell

I put them up with no expectations whenever I have other commitments on a game day. They don’t always sell, but I got lucky 4 times this year. Didn’t think Bay 134 was that great a location, so I’m surprised I was able to jettison them to others on those 4 occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back