Autopsy Most of us gave up a beautiful Sunday afternoon on a long weekend to watch that - Autopsy vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

What is even the point anymore

Tarryn wasn't ready. Utterly ineffective

Kayne is close to the worst 100 game player of all time. I just cannot defend him any longer

Lachie Young is actively playing against us, I am sure of it, I want a Homeland-style investigation into his bank accounts to identify suspicious transactions

Cam Zurhaar. *

Curtis Taylor is having the best season of his career. JHF is a gun.

The two rucks thing doesn't work. Goldstein doesn't look interested. Xerri has dipped his hands in concrete at the breaks, Fox Footy just don't want you to know about it

Mahony needs confidence in the twos. But there's nobody to bring in. Scott needs to hit his 20m passes more consistently

I'm tempted to see what Bergman, Goater can do. But we are stripping more experience out and we'll probably get belted anyway

We deserve a PP. I don't care what happens in the last quarter

Kayne is close to the worst 100 game player of all time. I just cannot defend him any longer

Lachie Young is actively playing against us, I am sure of it, I want a Homeland-style investigation into his bank accounts to identify suspicious transactions

Cam Zurhaar. fu**

The two rucks thing doesn't work. Goldstein doesn't look interested. Xerri has dipped his hands in concrete at the breaks, Fox Footy just don't want you to know about it

Mahony needs confidence in the twos. But there's nobody to bring in. Scott needs to hit his 20m passes more consistently

I'm tempted to see what Bergman, Goater can do. But we are stripping more experience out and we'll probably get belted anyway

I rarely sink the boot in, but at the risk of being that person:

Young - Nope and I don't know why we have him taking kickouts either.
Zurhaar - As anticipated, came in and had little impact off poor form all year.
Turner - Nope. When he was a run with player I could live with low impact. He doesn't give us anything with ball in hand and with our backline that is a huge issue.

Thomas did look very hesitant which does beg the question.
Comben should have played, how long can they keep going with an average Goldy declining and an average Xerri in the ruck. We're playing 2 down to start the game.

Most disappointed I've been all year today.

With a quarter to run to remain off the bottom we had to Kick 10 goals and not get beaten by 10 goals to remain off the bottom and it appears unlikely we were able to do either of those things.

Roll on next week

Cam Zurhaar. fu**

I'm a big defender of Mahony (and not gonna single him out as the reason for today, he's not alone) but being the most determined player in the team cuts it for a few weeks until the beltings come. He doesn't really do anything else. The answer to nobody to bring in is he goes back and Ford plays, Curtis absolutely must stay in.

Turner should be delisted. Why he was given a leadership spot I don't get.

There were players with better ability that got delisted before him. Certain players that would be a key cog in that backline right now.

Embarrassing. We're just so inept on senior players that have leadership.

It is so hard for us to score because we continually let ourselves down by not creating options and looking to take the game on.

It is just... we have zero confidence in ourselves. We panic too easily.

Turner should be delisted. Why he was given a leadership spot I don't get.

There were players with better ability that got delisted before him. Certain players that would be a key cog in that backline right now.

Embarrassing. We're just so inept on senior players that have leadership.
Indeed! It's actually a massive indictment on the entire playing group if KT is considered a leader.

christ I hope the VFL people are watching this shitshow and realise they can play the rest of the year in the seniors if they do anything remotely useful. Except Comben who apparently needs to kick 20 to even get a look in over Xerri/Goldstein playing as forward and getting a bath in the ruck

Very simply;

Coaching isn't the problem, and it's doing my head in that some people are clamoring for us to have our 4th (and 5th? if there's a caretaker) head coach in 3 years.

Hugh Greenwood runs like there is an invisible walking frame strapped to his legs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McDonald
Ziebell
LDU
Thomas
Simpkin
Larkey
Goldstein
Walker
Xerri
Corr
Young
Zurhaar

All of these guys are either leaders, veterans, or at the very least 'mature' footballers.

All of them were terrible today and were shown up by the effort and hunger shown by young guys like JHF and Paul Curtis.

I'm sorry, but this is just the uncomfortable fact.

-Dumb by the selection committee to select Thomas. Dumb by Thomas to say he was ready for the game. He was sucking air 5 minutes into the game.

-Dumb by the selection committee to persist with Goldstein. He was completely ineffectual.

-LDU did some nice things but goes missing too often.

-We play 20 players who for the life of them, can't take an uncontested mark.

- I feel sorry for our backline who did well under the circumstances.

- Jack did nothing up forward.

-JHF needs a spell.

-Paul Curtis was effective at applying pressure but just couldn't convert the opportunities.

-C. Taylor remains one of the great developments of the year - he has been building nicely: has skills, smarts, desire, toughness and now a growing fitness base. He just needs 21 teammates to back him up.

-Jy is a great clearance mid, but is mediocre at most others aspects of the game - defensive running, tackling, marking, goal kicking. He tried a bit though.

-Bring out the canvas screen and put us out of our misery. s**t we have 16 rounds to go...

Turner has to go. I’ve defended him to the hilt but I’m done. TT took a short step the first contest of the game — set the tone. If he’s not fit don’t play him.

Zurharr braindead. Larkey horrible. Goldy doesn’t want to be there. Really worried about the long term psychological impacts now.

Good debut Curtis. LDU good. McKay heroic.

If turner ever plays another game we aren’t serious about moving forward as a list.

I'm not sitting here saying that Turner is good, but I'm just asking; who comes in for Turner?

We really don't have anyone behind him in the VFL earning a chance.

With a quarter to run to remain off the bottom we had to Kick 10 goals and not get beaten by 10 goals to remain off the bottom and it appears unlikely we were able to do either of those things.

Roll on next week

Yes, a very important week to not be on the bottom of the ladder.

No idea how that fact didn’t lift us.

How many of Geelongs scores from turnovers are the result of missing easy kicks, easy handballs or fumbling what should be one grabbers?

I'd say the majority.

Crap football combined with s**t defensive running = 10 goal spanking.

I also really liked the at least three times our defenders spoiled each other in marking contests that lead directly to scores for the opposition. Young and Walker are accidents waiting to happen.

How many of Geelongs scores from turnovers are the result of missing easy kicks, easy handballs or fumbling what should be one grabbers?

I'd say the majority.

Crap football combined with s**t defensive running = 10 goal spanking.
I'd say it was a 20 goal spanking in disguise. The Cats were equally as wasteful at times.

We just don't have the cattle to even muster up a competitive effort.

Sleevo was sorely missed today. We missed his movement along with Hall.

We just suck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back