Mumbai Boy Tanishq Gavate Smashes Unbeaten 1045 Runs In School Game

Remove this Banner Ad

90N90S

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
A 14-year-old student achieved an unprecedented record as he smashed an unbeaten 1,045 runs in a local cricket tournament in Navi Mumbai, his coach claimed on Tuesday. Tanishq Gavate played this knock over two days - Monday and Tuesday - at the semi-final of the tournament at the Yashwantrao Chavan English Medium School ground in Koparkhairne, his coach Manish told PTI. Gavate played on a ground which has a leg side boundary of 60-65 yards, while the off side boundary was 50 yards, the coach claimed.

The youngster's mammoth innings was studded with 149 boundaries and 67 sixes, said Manish, who only uses his first name.

Manish claimed Gavate played the knock for the Yashwantrao Chavan team, which has been formed by the organisers, against the Yashwantrao Chavan English Medium School.

The organisers are Manish himself and the Yashwantrao Chavan English Medium School, he claimed.

However, a senior Mumbai Cricket Association official told PTI that the tournament, titled Navi Mumbai Shield U14, has not been recognised by the MCA.

The coach, however, claimed leather ball was used in the tournament and bowlers bowled overarm.

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/nav...hes-unbeaten-1045-runs-in-school-game-1806554

Wonder if this actually happened? But how does India produce all these batsmen? And now they are starting to produce some good bowlers as well, who would have thought?

A 14-year-old student achieved an unprecedented record as he smashed an unbeaten 1,045 runs in a local cricket tournament in Navi Mumbai, his coach claimed on Tuesday. Tanishq Gavate played this knock over two days - Monday and Tuesday - at the semi-final of the tournament at the Yashwantrao Chavan English Medium School ground in Koparkhairne, his coach Manish told PTI. Gavate played on a ground which has a leg side boundary of 60-65 yards, while the off side boundary was 50 yards, the coach claimed.

The youngster's mammoth innings was studded with 149 boundaries and 67 sixes, said Manish, who only uses his first name.

Manish claimed Gavate played the knock for the Yashwantrao Chavan team, which has been formed by the organisers, against the Yashwantrao Chavan English Medium School.

The organisers are Manish himself and the Yashwantrao Chavan English Medium School, he claimed.

However, a senior Mumbai Cricket Association official told PTI that the tournament, titled Navi Mumbai Shield U14, has not been recognised by the MCA.

The coach, however, claimed leather ball was used in the tournament and bowlers bowled overarm.

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/nav...hes-unbeaten-1045-runs-in-school-game-1806554

Wonder if this actually happened? But how does India produce all these batsmen? And now they are starting to produce some good bowlers as well, who would have thought?

There would be kids capable of doing this in most cricketing nations, they just aren’t allowed to.

The last guy to score 1000 runs in a school game, Shikhar Dhanwade iirc, was belting around, like, 8-year olds who had never played with a real cricket ball before. Age/skill of the opposition stands out since everything else seems to have been addressed.

Also, have to laugh at this being a completely unofficial 'tournament' where apparently it's just the coaches word that a real ball was used, and that the opposition knew how to bowl overarm.

Kid might score a contract as a publicity stunt, but like Dhanwade he'll probably get dropped like a sack of potatoes.

Unprecedented? Not sure a month goes by without some indian ftb reaching quadruple figures

Its a bit like me crowing about when I scored 2000* against my mate in the backyard awhile back. The boundary on the leg side was approx 10m and the offside around 20m. I would describe it as a chanceless innings only coming to an end when he refused to bowl any more.
Did he bowl overarm with a leather ball?

Two things:
  1. Yay for the kid. :rolleyes: Now we wait for a chorus of Indian cricket nuffies telling us he's better than Bradman.
  2. That is the single worst example of cricketing writing I've ever read - and I used to read Brett Lee's newspaper column.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first one to break a record was Privthi Shaw who scored 543. Then Dhwanade passed him with 1000 and then this kid. Those two wont be anything but Privthi Shaw is the real deal. If anyone is the next Tendulkar, its him.

The first one to break a record was Privthi Shaw who scored 543. Then Dhwanade passed him with 1000 and then this kid. Those two wont be anything but Privthi Shaw is the real deal. If anyone is the next Tendulkar, its him.

I watched a documentary a few months ago following Shaw as a 12 year old kid (amongst other stories). Only hit me after a few of the under 19 WC games that its the same guy now captaining the U19 side. Crazy. And yeah, he looks the goods alright.

Documentary trailer -

I watched a documentary a few months ago following Shaw as a 12 year old kid (amongst other stories). Only hit me after a few of the under 19 WC games that its the same guy now captaining the U19 side. Crazy. And yeah, he looks the goods alright.

Documentary trailer -

Interesting

Yeah, youngest to hit a century in his ranji trophy debut. 16.

Give him another 2 years and he will be hard to hold out of the test team

They need to get over themselves and understand Sachin is a once in a generation player.

Sachin started nearly 30 years ago, so if he is once in a generation, then they are due another one.

Amazing how keen the Indians are to find the next Sachin.
They need to get over themselves and understand Sachin is a once in a generation player.
To be fair there are a few guys out there who owe the entirety of their Test career to the chance that they may have been the next Warne.

Amazing how keen the Indians are to find the next Sachin.
It's all media hype. Trust me. I know many friends who follow cricket and no one tells that this guy or any other guy, is next Sachin. Yes, few shots he played resembled Sachin but apart from that, it's all just stupid media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back