Opinion NAB Challenge - Who do you want to see?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like rose everyone but probably wells, VW and Nielson depending I how he is going from he knee reco
Doubt either EVW or Nielsen will be anywhere near the NAB given neither is taking part in any of the training yet. Wellsy on the other hand is all in.

I wouldn't mind seeing one line up like this:

B: Mullett - Tippett - Wright
HB: McDonald - Tarrant - Hansen
C: Wells - Dumont - Anderson
HF: Wood - Durdin - Garner
F: Turner - Brown - Black
R: Daw - Ziebell - Cunnington
Int: McKenzie - Jacobs - Macmillan - Atley

Go in without Harvey, Higgins, Dal Santo, Petrie, Waite, Firitto, Gibson, Thompson, Thomas, Swallow, Goldstein and none of our new draftees yet still look capable of winning games.
Yes please

Yep. You do realise that the NAB is 3 whole games, right? It's actually possible to play all of these players over the course of the comp without them all playing at the same time.

Thanks for your input though, I was just answering the OP.
Haha bit of banter..

Garner. Although he is my answer to every question this year. Full preseason suggests hammertime.

I'd like to see Wells survive the preseason without anyone preconditioning us to his inevitable break down.

Reckon this will be Garners breakout year, excited about what he will provide of a full pre-season.

Anderson will be intriguing to watch, hopefully will add some dash to the midfield group.

Doubt either EVW or Nielsen will be anywhere near the NAB given neither is taking part in any of the training yet. Wellsy on the other hand is all in.
Yes I'd say that obviously Nielson won't be available till earlier in the year but as far as our draftees in the last couple of years go he's had me most excited since we picked him up. Something about his attitude, passion and physical capabilities that I saw in the first few months that we drafted him including a couple of training sessions I saw him pitted up against Petrie in. He's the guy I want to see break into the side later in the year and in an ideal world would like to see get some game time in the NAB cup.

Wells also as some have mentioned I want to see him get some healthy game time and put our minds to rest that he's not just an injury waiting to happen.

Outside of these two I'm really keen to see the Jedi, Garner, Brown, Daw, McDonald, Atley show some spark and out of the recent draftees I'd really like to see one or all of Durdin, Hibberd and Wags get a decent run.

Yes I'd say that obviously Nielson won't be available till earlier in the year but as far as our draftees in the last couple of years go he's had me most excited since we picked him up. Something about his attitude, passion and physical capabilities that I saw in the first few months that we drafted him including a couple of training sessions I saw him pitted up against Petrie in. He's the guy I want to see break into the side later in the year and in an ideal world would like to see get some game time in the NAB cup.

Wells also as some have mentioned I want to see him get some healthy game time and put our minds to rest that he's not just an injury waiting to happen.

Outside of these two I'm really keen to see the Jedi, Garner, Brown, Daw, McDonald, Atley show some spark and out of the recent draftees I'd really like to see one or all of Durdin, Hibberd and Wags get a decent run.
Huh?

Who do you want most to see play in the NAB and why?

For me,

Mullett: Injury has destroyed his last few seasons but now he is finally fit. I hope he gets a good run to show his wares off half back.

Dumont: Is he ready to take the next step? Let's find out.

Wood: Plenty of talent but does he want it enough? And if so where does he fit?

McKenzie: Is he nothing but depth? He needs the opportunity to show his stuff.

Black: Same as Wood. Time to go Aaron.

What say you kangas?
Clarke hibberd

Black wood

Fishy, Wags, Hibbo, Buckets, Maj, Wood, Froggy, Durdin, BMac, Jedi, Clarke, Darren, and Fordham.

Basically any youngsters or fringe players.
Pretty much this, it's the only good thing about the NAB Challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious?

So you'd be happy for us to go into Round 1 with no matches under our belt or 'dress rehearsal' of what the first lineup may look like?
Sorry, no I understand the value of them for the players but I don't find a lot in them as a viewer apart from seeing some players we might not see throughout the season.

Sorry, no I understand the value of them for the players but I don't find a lot in them as a viewer apart from seeing some players we might not see throughout the season.
I would agree, based on the format being used as a guinea pig for the rules committee.

Well what I look forward to in every preseason is not just which young kid is putting their hand up for senior selection but how the team is functioning as a whole. Sure the preseason is used by many a side to experiment but this season I want our team to hit the season proper in full flight. So on that I'll be interested in how we move the ball. Team structures. How we defend. That sort of s**t. Some indication as to how serious we are in setting our selfs up for a Big Season. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Back