Rumour New List Manager - Matthew Rendell

Remove this Banner Ad

this is true. Our Forward line is already very good. If we are going to be splashing Cameron type money i would rather it be on a need than a want.
Sydney had a good mix of tall forwards too, didn't stop them and I'm sure they are pretty content right now.

Cameron in would definitely see Pods be a break in case of emergency and take on more of a mentoring role within the squad.

I think it is highly unlikely this will happen though. At best we are interested but talk that there could be a deal done is ridiculous as no one can guarantee we could satisfy GWS even if JC was 100% in

Sydney had a good mix of tall forwards too, didn't stop them and I'm sure they are pretty content right now.

Cameron in would definitely see Pods be a break in case of emergency and take on more of a mentoring role within the squad.

I think it is highly unlikely this will happen though. At best we are interested but talk that there could be a deal done is ridiculous as no one can guarantee we could satisfy GWS even if JC was 100% in

My mail is that Jeremy is dead keen to come to the Crows so he can play with his brother Charlie :D.

this is true. Our Forward line is already very good. If we are going to be splashing Cameron type money i would rather it be on a need than a want.

Sydney didn't 'need' Buddy either. That's kind of working out ok for them. I'd be shocked if they win any less than 3 of the next 7 premierships.

If Jeremy Cameron wants to play for the Adelaide Crows (this is probably a 1% chance at best) then we have to make it happen. End of story. He's a far better long-term AFL prospect than any player on our list. In fact, as far as players under 21 years of age go, he and O'Meara are streets ahead of anyone else in any position. Absolute superstars in the making.

Not that I expect Cameron to come to Adelaide but i recall him being from the country, could this make Adelaide more appealing from a lifestyle perspective?

So on the back of Trigg leaving, we now have rumours about both Harper and Chapman leaving, Bickley being moved out of the coaches box, Rendell coming back, and Jeremy Cameron coming to the Crows.

Surely that couldn't all happen, right? It would be too amazing to actually be true.

To be honest, I'd be happy enough with ANY of those things happening.

He said that AFTER the whole racism story broke so maybe he thought the media perception of his crash landing would be less if he just said "well I was going to leave anyway...."
From memory he stated that recruiting required a lot of travelling and an enormous workload which was beginning to tell on him. Then against his better judgement he said he would give it another year. I believe him.

As far as he being a list manager I have no idea whether he would be any good at that or not. At Collingwood he was Senior National Recruiting Assistant, whatever that involves. People have to remember that Matt made his name as a recruiter.

So on the back of Trigg leaving, we now have rumours about both Harper and Chapman leaving, Bickley being moved out of the coaches box, Rendell coming back, and Jeremy Cameron coming to the Crows.

Surely that couldn't all happen, right? It would be too amazing to actually be true.
I agree, time for a blanket ban on all rumour threads ;)

From memory he stated that recruiting required a lot of travelling and an enormous workload which was beginning to tell on him. Then against his better judgement he said he would give it another year. I believe him.

As far as he being a list manager I have no idea whether he would be any good at that or not. At Collingwood he was Senior National Recruiting Assistant, whatever that involves. People have to remember that Matt made his name as a recruiter.
Best identifier of talent going around. No-one can predict a players future better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could bigfooty handle that many dancing/celebration gifs?

Can't see it happening.
Few would argue that Matty was not good at talent spotting but when he was (by default) in charge of list management he just mainly recruited talls every year. It's why Nobes was given the job of list management (and to supervise mature-aged trades).
It is just a retrograde step. Not saying impossible but I'd be very surprised if this happened.
Fantasia would be more likely but I suspect it is someone else.

I Rendells time have to put Gunston down as a miss as gone for low 2nd round pick and part of recruiting is getting players that will commit long term to club and personal quality.

Can't see it happening.
Few would argue that Matty was not good at talent spotting but when he was (by default) in charge of list management he just mainly recruited talls every year. It's why Nobes was given the job of list management (and to supervise mature-aged trades).
It is just a retrograde step. Not saying impossible but I'd be very surprised if this happened.
Fantasia would be more likely but I suspect it is someone else.

To be fair, it's not like we've ended up with a surplus of talls. Other than Hartigan and Thompson, there aren't any talls playing SANFL at the moment I'd argue deserves to be in the AFL side.

If he comes back that would be super, I don't think that he should serve a life sentence for his comments, BT and Eddie said much worse on air and it was shrugged off.
I'm not defending his comments, just saying that the times been served.
Difference is Matt's comments were made in a closed environment, the other 2 clowns weren't

To be fair, it's not like we've ended up with a surplus of talls. Other than Hartigan and Thompson, there aren't any talls playing SANFL at the moment I'd argue deserves to be in the AFL side.
only because half a dozen have been poached already

Remove this Banner Ad

Back