Next flag - Carlton, Essendon or Richmond?

Who will win their next flag first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad trade on your behalf? lol
Chris Yarran, after turning up to pre season training after a gut full of pies over the summer has played how many games?

He got injured and will play 2nd half of the year....whats ur players excuse's for missing the whole year?, lets not mention syringes = suspensions
I think thats what we call CHECK MATE

ADIOS :p

He got injured and will play 2nd half of the year....whats ur players excuse's for missing the whole year?, lets not mention syringes = suspensions

Always know your struggling when you go for that one, its ok though there is room for clubs like yours down the bottom with us, even if you cant accept that's how bad you are.

ENJOY :p

You received Pick 23 which is a second round pick in every year other than last year when it is the last pick in the first round or first pick in the second. Either way - every team used their first round pick before this pick was used and how did this suddenly become an argument about Yarran. If Yarran was our only issue at the moment I'd be wrapped but it's our hunt for depth that has dropped us down the ladder. That and our injures plus struggle to adapt to the new rules & game style opposition teams are using. It really has as much to do with our stagnant game plan and Dimma's desperation to blood our youth as it has to do with our depth/list. Our list hasn't suddenly gone to sh.t over one preseason but rather Dimma has realized that some of our mature age recruits will only take us so far so he is trying to replace them with youth (who need far more experience and game time).

All this talk about Richmond now having to completely rebuild and Carlton and Essendon's lists suddenly becoming infinitely better is just fanatical

Will he though? Has had about 4 different injuries according to Richmond and there is no clear answer as to when he will return. It's not looking good at this stage.

Regardless of whether pick 19 is a first round or second round (wow Astute Tiger is really worked up about this??), getting a fit, hungry Yarran on a contending team is an absolute steal for anywhere outside a top 10 draft pick. We at the Blues know we got unders.

Problem for the Tigers is that:
-Yarran is not fit;
-Yarran is not hungry - in fact he is demotivated. He is only hungry for pies;
-Richmond are far from contenders

LOSE-LOSE trade imo

Regardless of whether pick 19 is a first round or second round (wow Astute Tiger is really worked up about this??), getting a fit, hungry Yarran on a contending team is an absolute steal for anywhere outside a top 10 draft pick. We at the Blues know we got unders.

Problem for the Tigers is that:
-Yarran is not fit;
-Yarran is not hungry - in fact he is demotivated. He is only hungry for pies;
-Richmond are far from contenders

LOSE-LOSE trade imo
Turned Yarran into Cunningham is pretty handy result IMO.

If Cuningham turns out to be a good player, which he's highly rated, then fair chance Carlton have won that trade. Yarran is a decent and skillful player with ability but doesn't come with leadership qualities, isn't a great trainer, doesn't set great examples and is soft and so far Richmond have got nothing out of him. Won't know who has won this trade for a while.

Neither are anywhere close to a flag, minimum 7+ years away (luck, good drafting permitting)
Hurley signs, all it takes is a functioning forward line next year and who knows?

Carlton. As early as next season.

Bombers seemed to have turned the corner and have some important re-signings. Parish is a jet too.

Tigers at least 30 years away from Premiership glory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers seemed to have turned the corner and have some important re-signings. Parish is a jet too.

xrU4X.gif

If Carlton still had Betts and Waite I would have them close to finals but based on their current list, still a few years away from being in contention.

Richmond seem to have regressed after a few good seasons, expect better second half and better next season.

Essendon could be anything next season.

Essendon are either bringing teams down to their level or playing way better than they should.

I can see this putrid year laying the cultural foundations for a contending team in a couple of years.

Good time to revisit this now that a new season has started.

Right now, we're probably the closest, but I like what Carlton are doing under Bolton, and I can see them following a similar trajectory to Hawthorn 2005-2008.

Essendon definitely - have an amazing young core, aren't threatened by aging veterans, and they have another group of 19-23 year olds who could definitely make it big also.

Carlton and Richmond both tied at 2nd - they have the foundations but there's still a lot of work to do. The Tigers don't need a rebuild but I do think there's not enough time to build a premiership list, so they're in a really awkward position. The Blues have a really good back line and their top line youngsters are remarkable - Weitering, Cripps, Marchbank, SPS, Docherty etc, but there's still a forward line to build and different spots in the 22 still need to be filled in. Great beginning for the journey, but there's still a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back