Injury Nic Naitanui - Out until second half of the 2022 season

Remove this Banner Ad

So at best he’s back for the last 5-6 rounds of the season. Seems pointless as we’ll likely be out of the finals race. Does he have one more year in him??
The vagueness of the announcement makes me think they will mothball him if we're out of finals, or he will possibly retire. This is the first time I can recall them not putting a time estimate on this kind of injury. Even ACLs get an estimate. They usually leave the TBC for things like feet or groins that are too hard to estimate.

Did everyone see NicNat not go for that mark. That's so bad, even I could've done that.
He just stood there and hoped Redden was going to turn around and take it.
I get that he is excellent at his strengths, but he should work of his weaknesses.
While he is off getting fit and losing a bit of fat, I hope he learns how to read the game, and what to do if someone kicks the ball at you.
Cant wait to see Bailey Williams or Dicksxon or even that new bloke, Strrarnnrerddicka.
It was a really strange one. Guess he must have been carrying a niggle because there should be no confusion there - big guy goes for the mark.

It really wasn't one of his better games. Dropped an easy uncontested mark which led to a Pies goal too IIRC.

Anyway, don't want to feed the debate about all things NN and his weight/fitness/attitude etc but there's a bit to suggest he went into last week's game nowhere near as fit as he should have been.

What a fantastic opportunity for Williams and others - primary ruckman and being `the man'.
We have a history of ruckman grabbing a chance when injury takes out our number one ruck.

Cox with Gardiner injuries
Even Seaby played some great games when Cox was out.
NN with Cox injuries.
Vardy/Lycett in 2018
Time to step up Williams!

[QUOTE="Worstplayerever, post: 74381017, member: ]

I hope he learns how to read the game, and what to do if someone kicks the ball at you.

Please explain how ‘learning to read the play’ occurs when not playing or running around?

Seriously curious.
[/QUOTE]
footage, lots of footage. Classes, he could take classes. Talking to people that know stuff. Taking advice, thinking about it.

Silver lining is that NN becomes the ruck coach effectively and the other rucks on the list get some more personal coaching from one of the best to ever do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting the season the next couple of weeks opens up for Williams to impose himself with Ladhams today and with news Lycett is now out for 3 months Sam Hayes who will only be on his second game after debut this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hello Eagles, for my SuperCoach team I'm looking at Jamieson is he likely to string a few games together or will others such as Strnadica, Williams and Dixon take his spot soon? Cheers
If it was up to us on here we'd keep him and Williams in the side as our two rucks for the rest of the year.
But who knows what Simpson will do, Jamieson may not have built up enough credits

Hello Eagles, for my SuperCoach team I'm looking at Jamieson is he likely to string a few games together or will others such as Strnadica, Williams and Dixon take his spot soon? Cheers
I reckon Jamieson has done enough to keep playing for a while. Probably is higher up in the pecking order then Strnadica and seems to be above Dixon and Williams lately too. Worth a look

I'm really excited for the ruck battle this weekend.

Williams should be able to get on top in the ruck itself, and Jamieson will have to show his athleticism around the ground to keep up with English. A great test for both of the lads I reckon.

Sweet is a more than capable second ruck as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back