Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 290 74.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As it stands, he's going to have to get over his softness before he can be considered in the top 5 players of today, let alone in the conversation for GOAT.

Still, I think he'll do it, his talent is undeniable it's now just about working on his weaknesses.
it's very hard to work on courage. you either have it or you don't. I've said this before, but for the dees Jake Bowey puts his body on the line everytime despite being much smaller than Daicos.

Nicky should watch our game vs swans tomorrow and watch how Ben Hobbs goes at the ball and his ferocious tackling efforts.

Only 35 games played and is already our hardest midfielder who loves to bury head first into the fray.
One of the brightest young afl players in the game for maybe a decade should look at Ben Hobbs? lol, this thread has gone too far :)

theyre completely different players. I wouldn't suggest Daicos needs to learn much from Hobbs mate.

Yeah, thread's backfired because Daicos has only been his team's best player in 2 of the 3 games he's played so far this year, and he's got about a dozen years left in his career...
No it is backfiring cause you think he can/could be the greatest of all time like you suggested in the thread title.

Dont blame people for commenting about why they dont think he will be.

All jokes aside, anyone that doesn’t think Nick Daicos is probably the most exciting young player in the competition needs to open the other eye.

The most exciting young player in the competition”

Literally every team you’ve played so far this year has arguably had a better exciting young player”

Pies fans don’t even have an other eye to open.

Serious question, and I dont know the answer. Is he the type you build a team around or the cherry on top?

Rowell for example, you build a team around him all day. They are incredibly different players, but it does take all types.

FWIW - I have been vocal in this thread that N Daicos is a super talent and one of the best ive seen at his age, so not canning him by any means.

Hell no. The way he’s performed this year when Collingwood aren’t winning games has shown he isn’t that type.

The intensity that people are coming at him with after a single bad game with a bunch of half-hearted efforts shows how good he has been to this point.

The media talked him up to insane levels last year but he was also extremely good. Loved watching him play and was annoyed Collingwood got two young midfield guns under the father/son set up.

He's a young player working through a new challenge. It's a good test for him.

Lol, no

It’s exposed what was always there.

Yeah, thread's backfired because Daicos has only been his team's best player in 2 of the 3 games he's played so far this year, and he's got about a dozen years left in his career...

Thread title wasn’t “daicos- can he be pretty good”

No it is backfiring cause you think he can/could be the greatest of all time like you suggested in the thread title.

Dont blame people for commenting about why they dont think he will be.
'Backfiring'?

Nah.

This thread is going exactly as I expected - its what happens with Tall Poppies in Australia - people are extremely jealous of how good he already is, and extremely fearful of how good he will be in the future.

'Backfiring'?

Nah.

This thread is going exactly as I expected - its what happens with Tall Poppies in Australia - people are extremely jealous of how good he already is, and extremely fearful of how good he will be in the future.
Season 1 Omg GIF by BET Plus

Hell no. The way he’s performed this year when Collingwood aren’t winning games has shown he isn’t...
Yeah, really disappointing that a kid who has just turned 21 has been his team's best player in only two of the three games that have been played this year.

So he's shown he can perform when the Pies are going well, and also when they're not going so well.

Hang on....

I thought we Collingwood supporters were 'abandoning the thread like rats on a sinking ship full of scurvy?'

Most of the sensible ones maybe.

Regardless I’m pretty sure most rational Pies fans would be doing anything they can to separate themselves from your moronic posts.

A bit like Joffa, they can find a better figurehead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what it's worth, I've played and coached plenty of football.

I suggest you'll see from my posting history that I refrain from targeting individual players, and I certainly wouldn't be posting videos on Twitter saying 'look how scared this player is, or look how crap this player is...'

And I certainly wouldn't be giving people who do that any credence by sharing their posts on the same or another social media platform.
As you are some one who has coached football, how would you deal with a player that repeatedly refuses put their body on the line to the point where it is costing goals? Were you the kind of coach that gave that sort of player a free pass even though they were the teams most talented player?

One of the brightest young afl players in the game for maybe a decade should look at Ben Hobbs? lol, this thread has gone too far :)

theyre completely different players. I wouldn't suggest Daicos needs to learn much from Hobbs mate.
Hardness and no fear of contact?

Nicky needs that in his game.

We all know it.

As you are some one who has coached football, how would you deal with a player that repeatedly refuses put their body on the line to the point where it is costing goals? Were you the kind of coach that gave that sort of player a free pass even though they were the teams most talented player?
Two very valid questions that probably will be ignored by the fadgilator

Fudge just ignores any comments on Nikkis hardness and lack of ticker in a hard contest. Dont expect a reply.

Quite clearly he would idolise them and suggest they could become the greatest of all time.

A purely hypothetical question, I'm sure?

Every player has their own unique set of strengths and weaknesses.

You'd ensure they harness their strengths and work on improving their weaknesses.

'Backfiring'?

Nah.

is that you nick?

If you could combine them they would be awesome.

Daicos skills with Hobbs body and aggression.

Hobbs cracks in but sprays alot of the pill.

Back