No non-Vic team has defeated a Vic team in the Grand Final without list or salary cap concessions

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodged a bullet playing the GF on the MCG. Would not enjoy the weirdly shaped Adelaide Oval with all the booing and one sided umpiring. It would be a ghastly nightmare.

Luckily, the G will host the granny until 2037. Dusty will have retired by then so who cares where it's played after that.

You lose a grand final, all you can do is redeem yourself at the next meeting. That is what happened last night, no more no less.

Good to win with the adversity.

On the umpiring - just as it didn't cost us a GF, it didn't cost you last night. You had an opportunity and should have won, given we were down players during the game. You would have not got us at a better time. A missed opportunity.

We'll take your word as a subject matter expert.

Not that there's any harm in self pleasure. :D
But then we're a happy reigning Premiership club
Look, if we had won no doubt I’d be cocky too.

However, to not even acknowledge you guys were very lucky to be playing against Geelong and Adelaide on your home ground when you were the lower ranked team, is living in denial. Geelong beat you at Geelong only 2 weeks earlier without Selwood, we’ve now touched you up at Adelaide Oval the last 2 times we’ve played you here.

Last night we did it with injured and underdone players. You should have won that easily if AO isn’t an issue for you.

You lose a grand final, all you can do is redeem yourself at the next meeting. That is what happened last night, no more no less.

Good to win with the adversity.

On the umpiring - just as it didn't cost us a GF, it didn't cost you last night. You had an opportunity and should have won, given we were down players during the game. You would have not got us at a better time. A missed opportunity.

You don't get redemption from losing a GF. Once it's gone it's gone. Winning or losing aH&A game doesn't equate to a premiership.
No doubt we had some chances but we blew it. Adelaide played better on the night. Good on them.
As for the umpires, they were as poor as us. Not just the free kick count, but the 50/50s and the ones that weren't paid. Did it cost us, yeah goals and momentum. Enough to change the course of the game, I don't think so, you were down players off the field, we had quite a few that were down on the field. A few goals that flattered the margin, but Adelaide were better when it counted.
Hats off to them.
For us, it was a 40 point improvement on the corresponding game last year. :D
We've got plenty of work to do and plenty of improvement needed. Lucky it's only March.

Look, if we had won no doubt I’d be cocky too.

However, to not even acknowledge you guys were very lucky to be playing against Geelong and Adelaide on your home ground when you were the lower ranked team, is living in denial. Geelong beat you at Geelong only 2 weeks earlier without Selwood, we’ve now touched you up at Adelaide Oval the last 2 times we’ve played you here.

Last night we did it with injured and underdone players. You should have won that easily if AO isn’t an issue for you.

Geez not that old chestnut again. It's done, get over it. We played whoever and wherever we had to play. We beat each convincingly. That's what we had to do to win it. We did.
The rules state. Home state final. Not home ground final. Note the difference. As for Geelong, look back and see where they played their finals. Yep MCG.
As for Adelaide in the GF. Who was the top ranked team in 97/98? Was there such bleating back then that the GF was at the MCG or was it because Adelaide won. Work that one out for yourself. The GF is at the home of football and will be for the next 30 years at least.

AO isn't the issue. Did we win there last year against Port? I haven't read of any Richmond suggesting AO or the even the home ground being an issue

Adelaide played better. No excuses for us. For us, it's a 40 point improvement on last years game. Is that meaningful?
(I won't even mention the umpires). It happens.

Geez not that old chestnut again. It's done, get over it. We played whoever and wherever we had to play. We beat each convincingly. That's what we had to do to win it. We did.
The rules state. Home state final. Not home ground final. Note the difference. As for Geelong, look back and see where they played their finals. Yep MCG.
As for Adelaide in the GF. Who was the top ranked team in 97/98? Was there such bleating back then that the GF was at the MCG or was it because Adelaide won. Work that one out for yourself. The GF is at the home of football and will be for the next 30 years at least.

AO isn't the issue. Did we win there last year against Port? I haven't read of any Richmond suggesting AO or the even the home ground being an issue

Adelaide played better. No excuses for us. For us, it's a 40 point improvement on last years game. Is that meaningful?
(I won't even mention the umpires). It happens.
As I said in denial.

Beating Port at AO? Now that’s funny, you make out that’s a big feat given they hadn’t beaten a top 8 side there for 2 years.

I wonder what Damien Hardwick thinks about Adelaide supporters after his little confrontation with a Crows supporter last night.
That the one supporter who had a crack at him was a w***er, and rightly so.

The funny thing is there have been more Richmond w***ers on here but Big Footy doesn’t make the news.

You don't get redemption from losing a GF. Once it's gone it's gone. Winning or losing aH&A game doesn't equate to a premiership.
No doubt we had some chances but we blew it. Adelaide played better on the night. Good on them.
As for the umpires, they were as poor as us. Not just the free kick count, but the 50/50s and the ones that weren't paid. Did it cost us, yeah goals and momentum. Enough to change the course of the game, I don't think so, you were down players off the field, we had quite a few that were down on the field. A few goals that flattered the margin, but Adelaide were better when it counted.
Hats off to them.
For us, it was a 40 point improvement on the corresponding game last year. :D
We've got plenty of work to do and plenty of improvement needed. Lucky it's only March.

You can't replace the GF, so what you can do is win the next contest you play. That is what we did.

You were poor because we made you like that. We had injured players but you had players who not prepared to do the hard stuff. Pretty simple. You don't lose the contested possession count by 48, total possession count by 140, inside 50 count by 15, if you come to play! You should be grateful we lost our best midfielder (how would you go if you lost Dusty?).

This was no different to the GF except total opposite - average umpiring (again it was what was not paid) and we didn't come to play. Which makes the result last September even more painful.

Making reference to an improvement on last years game at AO is irrelevant - if Crouch hadn't gone down, Sloan and Talia not injured and Mackay getting knocked out (well done Caddy), perhaps we would have won by the same margin as last year? Who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

perhaps we would have won by the same margin as last year? Who knows.

nah. game was there for the tigers to win. last year we were no hope 5 minutes in. you had to win last night and went OK.

I wouldn't be doing backflips just yet. you only got 4 points not a premiership.

tigers will be right.

nah. game was there for the tigers to win. last year we were no hope 5 minutes in. you had to win last night and went OK.

I wouldn't be doing backflips just yet. you only got 4 points not a premiership.

tigers will be right.
Throw in the players we were missing, had injured during the game and players returning underdone, you should have won that.

tigers will be right.

You got within 9 points, we ending up winning by 36. You didn't score in the last 20 mins and only had 1 inside 50 and that was even with us being men down.

Happy with win, we have more to do but this I will guarantee, if we should meet in the big dance, we will repay with interest. You learn more from you defeats than your victories.

As I said in denial.

Beating Port at AO? Now that’s funny, you make out that’s a big feat given they hadn’t beaten a top 8 side there for 2 years.

No denial. It's what the rules stipulated. You know, the same ones you play under.
I didn't make it it out to be a big feat, just mentioned that we have won their in the past. Similarly to you had won on the mcg in the past. It didn't seem to cause much concern, you playing at the mcg then. Only when you lost the GF. Did playing at the mcg cause you much grief in 97/98? Or was that different because you actually won those GFs?
As I stated, we haven't make too big a deal of playing at AO. We play who and when the AFL decides, prior to the season starting. Not whinge and sook when we fail to win.
Your team played a bit better than us. You won we didn't. We move on to the next game.

No denial. It's what the rules stipulated. You know, the same ones you play under.
I didn't make it it out to be a big feat, just mentioned that we have won their in the past. Similarly to you had won on the mcg in the past. It didn't seem to cause much concern, you playing at the mcg then. Only when you lost the GF. Did playing at the mcg cause you much grief in 97/98? Or was that different because you actually won those GFs?
Crows - like all interstate teams have a losing record at the mcg.

Throw in the players we were missing, had injured during the game and players returning underdone, you should have won that.
I thought so but the difference last night was your blokes stood up and didn't let us past, we kept coming. you stopped our run and maintained that two goal difference until you wore us down.

That the one supporter who had a crack at him was a w***er, and rightly so.

The funny thing is there have been more Richmond w***ers on here but Big Footy doesn’t make the news.

Going by your post we all have w***er supporters, so why keep harping on about our w***ers.
It seems you have a fixation on wanking. Here's a suggestion go buy a adult content magazine rather than just look in your mirror

As I stated, we haven't make too big a deal of playing at AO. We play who and when the AFL decides, prior to the season starting. Not whinge and sook when we fail to win.
Your team played a bit better than us. You won we didn't. We move on to the next game.
You are struggling to comprehend.

I know what the rules are, it doesn’t mean you werent advantaged by playing two home finals when you were the lower ranked sides.

Not admitting as much is denial.

You don’t make a big deal about playing at AO? What kind of comment is that? Why would you? You haven’t been scheduled there unfairly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back