No non-Vic team has defeated a Vic team in the Grand Final without list or salary cap concessions

Remove this Banner Ad

When? After the AFL voted to create you? I'm not having a dig just trying not to rewrite history.
So what?
We joined the AFL.

We could of stayed in the NeAFL or the VFL. We didnt. We joined the AFL.

Only one rewriting anything is yourself.

Some Vics are the ones that like rewriting or ignoring history when it doesnt involve them. (Ie Ports history)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So what?
We joined the AFL.

Some Vics are the ones that like rewriting or ignoring history when it doesnt involve them. (Ie Ports history)

How could you have stayed in the NEAFL or VFL? The league formed your club and bankrolled it, from inception the plan was laid out of when you would be included in the league, are you saying that the AFL allowed you to decide which league you would play in?

So what?
We joined the AFL.

C'mon mate, time to join us in reality.

How could you have stayed in the NEAFL or VFL? The league formed your club and bankrolled it, from inception the plan was laid out of when you would be included in the league, are you saying that the AFL allowed you to decide which league you would play in?

Not saying that at all.

I am saying we joined the lower leagues before joining the AFL.

This isn't hard.

I know you lot get hardons from spruiking you were 1st but geez.

Not saying that at all.

I am saying we joined the lower leagues before joining the AFL.

This isn't hard.

I know you lot get hardons from spruiking you were 1st but geez.

So you’re agreeing with him, but arguing semantics over the fact that at a point you, by the most literal definition, “joined” the league?

You realise they’re not mutually exclusive. The league can create you, AND you can join it

Nothing to do with who I support. Was just correcting you, since you felt the need to condescend

On March 13, 2008 the idea for the AFL’s newest club was born after the league won the support of the 16 club Presidents to establish an 18th side to be based at Blacktown International Sportspark in Western Sydney.

AIS/AFL Academy coach Alan McConnell became the club’s High Performance Manager and first employee on July 1, 2009.

In August the League announced Team GWS would be the campaign for the AFL’s proposed 18th team and GWS would be represented in the TAC Cup Under-18 competition in the 2010 season.

In November 2009, AFL legend and former Essendon coach Kevin Sheedy was named the inaugural Head Coach of Team GWS on a three-year contract.

The five best H&A records since 1990 are all Victorian. 9 of the top 12.

In the past 10 years, 9/10 Victorian teams have a better winning % at the MCG than EVERY non-Victorian team.

No non-Victorian side has ever defeated a Victorian side in the Grand Final without list or salary cap concessions.

The evidence is clear.

This is the VFL in drag.

Good to see you like the VFL in drag.

Incorrect

Was born well before the Giants were.

As such joined.

All clubs joined.

And if thats what you are hanging your hat on then you're ridiculous.

Incorrect, the giants were created by HQ for the purpose of growing the game in foreign territory. Same as gc, it is no secret that intent of HQ is to have these teams be successful in the hope they gain local following.

If you think otherwise you are in denial.

There are 11 clubs that did not "join" the AFL they were already there and there are 4 other franchises that were created to compete in that league.

So you’re agreeing with him, but arguing semantics over the fact that at a point you, by the most literal definition, “joined” the league?

You realise they’re not mutually exclusive. The league can create you, AND you can join it

Nothing to do with who I support. Was just correcting you, since you felt the need to condescend

Actually no.

It was he who replied to me 1st and argued over semantics.

You arent correting me.

I've never said we werent created by the AFL.
I was just staring we joined the comp. He argued that point.

Only ones condescending are yourselves.

Incorrect, the giants were created by HQ for the purpose of growing the game in foreign territory. Same as gc, it is no secret that intent of HQ is to have these teams be successful in the hope they gain local following.

If you think otherwise you are in denial.

There are 11 clubs that did not "join" the AFL they were already there and there are 4 other franchises that were created to compete in that league.
No doubt we were created but we then joined the comp.

Only one in denial is yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually no.

It was he who replied to me 1st and argued over semantics.

You arent correting me.

I've never said we werent created by the AFL.
I was just staring we joined the comp. He argued that point.

Only ones condescending are yourselves.

That would be “arguing semantics”

Your exact words:
Incorrect

Was born well before the Giants were.

As such joined.

All clubs joined.

And if thats what you are hanging your hat on then you're ridiculous.

The incorrect was in response to someone saying you didn’t join the league, you were created by it.

Not all clubs joined the league by the way. 6 formed it

That would be “arguing semantics”

Your exact words:

No its pointing out what actually happened which was in a reply to myself

The incorrect was in response to someone saying you didn’t join the league, you were created by it.

Not all clubs joined the league by the way. 6 formed it

Which was in response to me saying we joined the league.
The 6 clubs started the original comp is not in argument here.

Wow you are struggling here. I hate using this term as someone else is famous for it.

But you just like making s**t up.

No you didn't "join" as a choice, the AFL created 2 teams north of the Murray for the sole purpose of attempting to grow a supporter base in non footy territory and the league put you in it's league.

Please explain to everyone how I am in denial? Time to get to the real world buddy, stop denying the reason for the creation of your club.

No you didn't "join" as a choice, the AFL created 2 teams north of the Murray for the sole purpose of attempting to grow a supporter base in non footy territory and the league put you in it's league.

Please explain to everyone how I am in denial? Time to get to the real world buddy, stop denying the reason for the creation of your club.

Now whose arguing over semantics.

We played in lower grades and then joined the AFL in 2012.

I know exactly who and why we were created. No denial here.

Now whose arguing over semantics.

We played in lower grades and then joined the AFL in 2012.

I know exactly who and why we were created. No denial here.

You're still arguing that the giants "joined" of their own volition? You and I and everyone else knows that is not the case.

Time to let it go mate and just accept.

No its pointing out what actually happened which was in a reply to myself

Which was in response to me saying we joined the league.
The 6 clubs started the original comp is not in argument here.

Wow you are struggling here. I hate using this term as someone else is famous for it.

But you just like making s**t up.

So you replied he was incorrect, but you weren’t disagreeing? o_O

Well you literally just said all clubs joined, now you’re saying it’s not in the discussion.

Gil just needs to read this thread to see why we don’t need expansion. Just brings in nuffies.

You're still arguing that the giants "joined" of their own volition? You and I and everyone else knows that is not the case.

Time to let it go mate and just accept.
He literally tried to explain it as “we played in other leagues and could’ve stayed in them” :rolleyes: he’s basically just shifted his point in every post.

Just your average reminder that pretending the bulldogs get a heap more time on the MCG than other teams is moronic. Geelong, Bulldogs and other etihad teams aren't even allowed to play home finals at their home ground.

Stop using Bulldogs as "evidence" that the MCG favors victorian sides, we were better on the day.

So you replied he was incorrect, but you weren’t disagreeing? o_O

Well you literally just said all clubs joined, now you’re saying it’s not in the discussion.

Gil just needs to read this thread to see why we don’t need expansion. Just brings in nuffies.

Continuing to make s**t up.

My original statement was we joined the AFL.

This is correct.

All the replies to it since has argued that point.

Yes I did say that, but the originals obviously formed it.

Now whose the condescending dick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back