MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roosy is massive on this but look at Oliver, He wouldnt even be allowed to play this year despite being a BNF last year. 21 is too late. I think a better system would be to give every side who misses finals 2 picks before the others get 1. Its crazy that in a country with so few people and a sport with so many on the field that we dont edit the draft to go with that.

So say pick 1 and 11 to the bottom side
2 and 12 to the 2nd bottom etc all the way to the end of the first round then others get to pick. Would help speed up rebuilds a little. 5 years is far far too long at the bottom these days
I like the general idea of this. I'd prefer something a bit like what David King proposed a last year where you get extra picks based on how long you've been out of finals. Something like:
* 0-1 years - nothing
* 2-3 years - end of second round
* 4-5 years - after your pick in second round
* 6-7 years - end of first round
* 8-9 years - after your pick in first round
* 10+ years - beginning of first round

Brings back the priority pick system to help teams that are genuinely down, but avoids tanking because no team that has missed finals for a decade is going to tank even for the first pick in the draft.

This game is vile compared to last night.

Bombers and Crows have flaws in similar areas and the result of ringing them together is very ugly. Tigs and blues was much more impressive for both skills and coaching.
To be fair, there was one fairly major footballing component missing from last nights game, given there wasn't much in the way of defence going on ... but it was far more skillful and a huge amount more entertaining.

Is Daniher the worst kick in the AFL? The guy can take a hangar, but will never be A Grade until he can learn how to kick the football..

Is Daniher the worst kick in the AFL? The guy can take a hangar, but will never be A Grade until he can learn how to kick the football..
They actually showed some stats on Fox before the game that up until the game against us last year, he was kicking for goal at 41%, but for the rest of the season went at 61%. Looks like he's started back up in the early season form now tho

This will be me if the E-Sports team comes up again ...
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide completely ran out of legs in the last (probably something to do with the players they were missing) and their pressure disappeared, playing straight into Essendon's hands.

As schmuttt said, if you pressure them, they go to water.

Come on mate, didn't you hear? He's the new Buddy Franklin this year

He's capable of some ugly kicks yeah but I think he's such a freak people forget that someone his size shouldn't be able to do half of what he does.

He is 2.1 meters tall. It's remarkable how good he is.

Roosy is massive on this but look at Oliver, He wouldnt even be allowed to play this year despite being a BNF last year. 21 is too late. I think a better system would be to give every side who misses finals 2 picks before the others get 1. Its crazy that in a country with so few people and a sport with so many on the field that we dont edit the draft to go with that.

So say pick 1 and 11 to the bottom side
2 and 12 to the 2nd bottom etc all the way to the end of the first round then others get to pick. Would help speed up rebuilds a little. 5 years is far far too long at the bottom these days
You’re catching on! I posted this about two years ago re having two draft picks for the bottom 10 sides before the other 8 clubs enter the draft. As it is, it’s very hit and miss with draft selections and it takes too long for weaker clubs to rebuild. In my opinion anyway.
The AFL also needs to change the season to 17 games. Having a 23 round season with 18 clubs is just incredibly unfair.

He's capable of some ugly kicks yeah but I think he's such a freak people forget that someone his size shouldn't be able to do half of what he does.

He is 2.1 meters tall. It's remarkable how good he is.
He’s “only” 2 meters tall actually ... but everything else you said is correct.

Could be the best player in the game if he fixes that kicking. I’m not sure if the fact that he doesn’t just miss the goal, but miss the postcode makes it easier or harder to fix tho

You’re catching on! I posted this about two years ago re having two draft picks for the bottom 10 sides before the other 8 clubs enter the draft. As it is, it’s very hit and miss with draft selections and it takes too long for weaker clubs to rebuild. In my opinion anyway.
The AFL also needs to change the season to 17 games. Having a 23 round season with 18 clubs is just incredibly unfair.
Plus he seems like a head case. Not as in nasty, just loose. I reckon he’ll be like Ricoh his whole career, a flawed genius. Still a gun, just not the best player in the comp. I still prefer Jesse over him because I reckon he has better game sense and is more naturally competitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back